Autopsy Rd 14 Blues go down by 26 in an ugly game

Remove this Banner Ad

What about the flog Reiwoldt's comments:
“I assume he might have been targeted physically by the Carlton players,” Riewoldt told ABC Grandstand.

“It’s extremely out of character. I haven’t seen it, but I can really vouch for Bachar and say that he would never do something like that on purpose."

“I only caught briefly the umpire saying that he’d reported Bachar for striking, so there’s got to be something behind it — whether it’s being held off the play and a reaction or what not."

“I couldn’t speak highly enough of Bachar and I’m sure there’s certainly a story behind it.”

Source : http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/bac...t/news-story/b89cbfb1de2d86d3ba90cbe855ce6dfe
Gotta laugh at Reiwoldts comments... i mean who would take what he has to say seriously... a sook of the highest order. I have little respect for this bloke.

I wasn't meaning early plea I meant coz of his record.
He did the wrong thing throwing his arm back he probably didn't mean to cause the damage he did but he caused it so he will wear it now. Calling him a sniper for it though cheapens the word. He didn't line him up milburn style. He didn't have only eyes to take lamb out like Lloyd on Sewell.
When he said not intentional the way he said it I took as he didn't mean to cause such damage but as he said himself he will cop what he gets.

He can be a good bloke 99% of the time. That doesn't mean that hitting someone in the face and knocking them out isn't a dog act.
It's not like he hit him Barry hall style though. You could probably make a movie length montage on players throw arms back into opponents like he did. His was high and caused more damage than intended. Will cop what he deserves, doesn't make him a sniper or a dog. Makes him a player that had a brain fade and caused more damage than intended.

Last edited:
I wasn't meaning early plea I meant coz of his record.
He did the wrong thing throwing his arm back he probably didn't mean to cause the damage he did but he caused it so he will wear it now. Calling him a sniper for it though cheapens the word. He didn't line him up milburn style. He didn't have only eyes to take lamb out like Lloyd on Sewell.
When he said not intentional the way he said it I took as he didn't mean to cause such damage but as he said himself he will cop what he gets.

I'd have to agree with that, I'm sure he didn't intend to knock him out but when you start swinging your arm back like that you have to know that if you connect
properly there's always that chance.

It's not like he hit him Baryulgil hall style though. You could probably make a movie length montage on players throe arms back into opponents like he did. His was high and caused more damage than intended. Will cop what he deserves, doesn't make him a sniper or a dog. Makes him a player that had a brain fade and caused more damage than intended.
Didn't say he was a dog. It was a dog act. Can still be a good bloke, e.g. Judd and eye gouging/chicken wings.

Backline certainly was too top heavy given our opponents had so few talls. I always thought Jones, Marchbank and Plowman was more than enough talls in back half against an opponent play multiple smalls.
Really was the week to play Weitering forward and for some strange reason they did not. If not Weitering then give Marchbank a run down there for a change up. Probably only time a bit down on Bolts for not doing either.
Anyway, not the end of the world. Charlie Curnow really starting to feel at home out there and Kruezer continues some great form. Cripps starting to find his mojo. Feel for Lamb. Just gets on park for a week or two and injured again. Houli will get 2 I reckon but nothing malicious in it. Just reflex reckless contact sport stuff.
And we ended up with Jones on Costagna a number of times as a result and it didn't work.

DDOo2iGUAAAPo6o.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

26 pressure acts from Murphy not bad either, lately everyone seems to be quick to point out what he doesn't do, not so much of what he actually does.

you're right - games where he breaks the record for 1 metre handballs to disadvantage need to be highlighted - bloke is having a ripper year but he struggled on sunday as did most of them

you're right - games where he breaks the record for 1 metre handballs to disadvantage need to be highlighted - bloke is having a ripper year but he struggled on sunday as did most of them

No doubt we had a lot in that boat on the weekend but just seems Murphy is mentioned a lot of times in isolation.

Gibbs - In great form, another good game.
Docherty - Played really well despite a bag bandage on his calf and reports he had missed a lot of training. He's one of the cleanest players below his knees that you will see.
Cripps - just kept going around the contests and was good.
Murphy - His form has dropped a little but I thought he tried hard.
Simpson - didn't do much wrong, was solid and hard at it.
Thomas - He had a crack and isn't going too bad but he's not a mach winner. Playing alright.
Graham - He was ok, just thought he was a step behind the pace of the game.
Weitering - pretty solid in defense, good young player, uncharacteristic blind kick which resulted in a Richmond goal will annoy him.
Wright - Started like a house on fire but tapered off. Gives a lot for what he is.
Charlie Curnow - Thought it was one of his best games. This last month his hands have been really on and he's been a big threat in the air. He's clean and gives some really good handballs and provides a valuable link at half forward. A Really good chance at a rising star nom this week. His efforts and pressure and follow up work has improved out of sight, he was lazy but he's a real competitor now. Aerial marking has improved out of sight.
Ed Curnow - just ok, thought his output was a little down.
Kreuzer - Lowered the colours of a really good ruckman and was excellent. Set shots on goal aren't great but he's playing some great football.
Plowman - Thought he was a bit sloppy at times with some poorly timed spoils but he's going ok.
Marchbank - Didn't have his greatest game but he was alright, under pressure.
Boekhorst - Ended up moved forward, didn't think he was great.
Casboult - Took some nice marks and kicked a couple, he plays his role well.
Silvagni - Started well, spent the day chasing arse which is good he's applying pressure. Was serviceable.
Jones - Good defensive game, got to watch the slipping over and two handed spoils are a killer.
Smedts - uneventful game with an injury.
Pickett - Miles behind the pace. Was trailing his opponent by far too much on the spread and just never made much space. Has a lot of work to do to get up to pace.
Petrevski-Seton - Low numbers, was good when he got it but really really low possession numbers.
Lamb - Had his best game ever last week and was knocked out early this week which was a real shame.

Really missed Fisher, his pressure acts are underrated and he's the best player on the list at it. Tomlinson and Cuningham were not replaced by players of the same quality. A Few blokes from the twos who aren't up to it and a few injuries hurt us pretty badly. To Richmonds credit they handled what pressure we threw at them really well, they took risks and it came off. We struggled to move the ball against them because they worked very hard with their defending and they just ran really hard. I thought they had us on the spread, we just couldn't out run them. Perhaps our tackling and pressure could have been better but we have some outs who excel in this area and we've been up for a few weeks as a young side. No doubt unfit ins and in games injuries against one of the better sides in the comp hurt.

No doubt we had a lot in that boat on the weekend but just seems Murphy is mentioned a lot of times in isolation.
I don't think any player dodged a clip if it was deserved....graham of course gets extras as current favoured whipping boy.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back