Preview Rd 14 - Carlton v GWS Sat June 19 7.25pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parks, Fogarty and Kennedy will go at the contest. No fear in those guys.

Kennedy obviously takes Setterfield's place in the side, albeit not around half back. Both taller one paced inside mid types. Kennedy can go forward and take a grab though which is important without a genuine CHF in the side.

We have speed down back with Saad and Williams, two genuine tall defenders in Weitering and Jones, toughness in Stocker and Parks and footskills with Newman. It's not a bad mix. Shame Plowman didn't get up for it.

Walsh named on a wing and Dow on the ball, which I don't mind.

I like our changes a lot.. I just wonder if now with Mumford out injured if it’s a good opportunity to play TDK as the sole ruckmen and can give Pitto a rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warning to all:

No player abuse will be tolerated.

No sweeping attacking generalisations about groups of posters who express negative opinions or positive opinions will be tolerated.

You know me to be diplomatic to a fault, but frankly, these board divide wars are pissing me off.

I like our changes a lot.. I just wonder if now with Mumford out injured if it’s a good opportunity to play TDK as the sole ruckmen and can give Pitto a rest.

They have two big young rucks in, one named up forward. De Koning is our ruck/forward just as Briggs is for them. Going in with JSOS as CHF and De Koning rucking the whole game will be too tough. We need another tall forward in to be able to play TDK as sole ruck. Oscar McDonald would be perfect.

Definitely needed the extra defender and Parks should allow for some flexibility around Docherty, Newman and Stocker playing further up the field.
IMO, Doc is not good as a wingman. Wins the ball but not great defensively around the contest/stoppage.

Kennedy can take take Setterfield’s midfield minutes and Dow can hopefully get some continuity. Walsh will have 25+ regardless of where we play him, but I’d love his hard running to be utilised on the wing this week.

Happy with the changes but I will go postal if I see Stocker isolated against Greene deep in the defensive 50.

Warning to all:

No player abuse will be tolerated.

No sweeping attacking generalisations about groups of posters who express negative opinions or positive opinions will be tolerated.

You know me to be diplomatic to a fault, but frankly, these board divide wars are pissing me off.

but tell us what you really think

(I’m joking - just being a patented smartarse)

but tell us what you really think

(I’m joking - just being a patented smartarse)

20 years of softly softly isn't working so ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back