Preview Rd 14 - Carlton v GWS Sat June 19 7.25pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any intel on this Matthew Flynn bloke? After worrying about mumford mma-ing walsh into oblivion, are we more confident with this change?

Can Pittonet recapture his 2020 form?
Flynn is a classic tap ruckman, but not super strong. In open play, they'll try to involve him in the uncontested possession chain like Adelaide did with Jacobs.

You're mostly looking at Pittonet's 2020 form, but the game has moved on through a reversion in the length of quarters and the man-on-the-mark rule change.

Adam Saad, who left training early on Friday with a back issue

If Saad misses, I'd move Doc back and bring LOB in and onto the wing.

Flynn is a classic tap ruckman, but not super strong. In open play, they'll try to involve him in the uncontested possession chain like Adelaide did with Jacobs.

You're mostly looking at Pittonet's 2020 form, but the game has moved on through a reversion in the length of quarters and the man-on-the-mark rule change.
Oh Errol

Loved reading this from Teaguey:
“In terms of Marc, he has been a great player for a long time. He has been a captain and it would be great to get him to 300 but we are not just going to give games away. We are going to make sure we are doing what’s in the best interest of this football club going forward.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really interesting match up. Parks I feel will be vital in this one as he will likely be playing on the weakest oppo forward and needs to really peel off and help whoever is matched up on Greene. I think weits should play on finlayson and Jones on himmelberg. There is a way for us to win with how ominous our forward line is but I don’t believe things change this quickly from what they’ve shown us all year. Giants by 26. Our BOG will be Cripps as de boer will tag Walsh and Cripps will get offended by the gesture.

Toby Greene the major concern. We just don't have anyone who can go with him.
We seem to be missing that lockdown defender and have been giving Stocker the role on all the Star small forwards each week... He’s done reasonably well but lacks a bit of pace. I reckon they should be training Dow for that role just to see how he goes. Put him on Betts or Fish at training. It could be the making of him.

Dow is fast, even explosive, has great core strength, is good in congestion.... Midfield rotating forward hasn’t worked for him mostly because his kicking has let him down. He’s not a winger either and needs to develop another string to his bow.

He and Stocker could rotate midfield-back. It would get Stocker some time in the middle and work as a win-win in the development of two of our young guns.

Just an idea. The alternative is to recruit that missing lockdown small defender. We have some time until trade week though.

Loved reading this from Teaguey:
“In terms of Marc, he has been a great player for a long time. He has been a captain and it would be great to get him to 300 but we are not just going to give games away. We are going to make sure we are doing what’s in the best interest of this football club going forward.”

We finally hear actual words that make sense from our coach.

We seem to be missing that lockdown defender and have been giving Stocker the role on all the Star small forwards each week... He’s done reasonably well but lacks a bit of pace. I reckon they should be training Dow for that role just to see how he goes. Put him on Betts or Fish at training. It could be the making of him.

Dow is fast, even explosive, has great core strength, is good in congestion.... Midfield rotating forward hasn’t worked for him mostly because his kicking has let him down. He’s not a winger either and needs to develop another string to his bow.

He and Stocker could rotate midfield-back. It would get Stocker some time in the middle and work as a win-win in the development of two of our young guns.

Just an idea. The alternative is to recruit that missing lockdown small defender. We have some time until trade week though.
Hopefully refer Boyd from mid season draft playing reserves Sunday.
Would be a nice bonus but appears to be what he was recruited for.

We finally hear actual words that make sense from our coach.
I wonder if he would have said that if the review wasnt announced.

Really interesting match up. Parks I feel will be vital in this one as he will likely be playing on the weakest oppo forward and needs to really peel off and help whoever is matched up on Greene. I think weits should play on finlayson and Jones on himmelberg. There is a way for us to win with how ominous our forward line is but I don’t believe things change this quickly from what they’ve shown us all year. Giants by 26. Our BOG will be Cripps as de boer will tag Walsh and Cripps will get offended by the gesture.

Would swap Jones and Weits

They key, like most games, won't be stopping Greene or other forwards, it will be stopping supply and or creating pressure on that inside 50

Cripps to have a blinder

Who flew up with the 22?
Ye dont think LOB has earned playing off a wing...then suppose we played Cottrell there for several weeks[unbelievable]-very ineffective even though he can run out 4 quarters
What did Newnes do?....he is a much better player and can impact games...bit of a mystery to me ????????

Get tthe impression you are one of the bitter Teague Out Brigade. Guess what sunshine, even if we lose on Saturday night and most of the remaining games for rest of the season, Teague will still be coaching us next year, so even if you are one of those vindictive fans who want us to keep losing in order for a coaching change, it ain't going to happen.

Would be nice if we had more optimistic fans here. We are a better team than our ladder position and win loss record suggests.

I don’t want Teague gone.

But I also don’t think we’re a better team than our ladder position suggests.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back