Preview Rd 14 - Carlton v GWS Sat June 19 7.25pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

F Mumford!!!
If he starts "accidentally" targeting our players as per usual I hope someone returns the favor to either him or their players.
"Accidentally" of course.
Not sure anyone in our team has the stones for that. Probably a good thing tbf as footy's moved past it. Somehow Mumford has made a career out of it even though it's a relic of the past.

A significant change to coaching, personnel and attitude has to be seen this week, the week after our review was announced. Conditional footballers and those with poor skills (or execution of those skills) can no longer be carried.

OUTS
Murphy
Setterfield
Cottrell
Newman (if injured)

* Doc and Ed on notice

INS
Plowman
Fogarty
Honey
Boyd (for Newman) - time for MC to be brave

SPS, LOB, Murphy, Setterfield are conditional footballers who have 10 weeks to change things around. I fear the game has gone past Cas.

Charlie and Kemp are three weeks away - 2 x 194cm athletic, skilful players will make a huge difference later in the year. And yes, McGovern as the 3rd/4th tall forward would actually be dangerous.
Agree with this.

I would of dropped DOC after the swans game. Has been piss poor this year, too many weak insipid efforts. Borderline delist for me.

Agree with this.

I would of dropped DOC after the swans game. Has been piss poor this year, too many weak insipid efforts. Borderline delist for me.
Agree with J.Boyd, I think he’s a good pick will slot in perfectly given some time to adapt to tempo. As for omitting Marc Murphy, ridiculous comment , Marc’s skill level, especially kicking, ball distribution & footy IQ are far superior to most of our other smalls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, time to move past him
Loved Murph for 15 years and hope he gets to 300 by playing as the sub until 299.
Don’t disagree about his footy smarts, which are still elite. Problems are he has slowed down a metre, and his disposal by hand and foot has become a liability. Almost without exception, every kick and hand pass are slow, high and floaty. Even if he picked the best option, by the time the ball gets there his target is under pressure.

Would love to see stats on turnovers where the second-last possession in a chain is the one deemed responsible, not the last one. Would reflect poorly, but accurately on Murph I think.

I am an sps hater, dont think he has it, but for god sakes play the guy in the dam position he was recruited to play, and give him the remainer of the year to turn things around! I may be wrong, he could become a gun for us, if we actually give him the opportunity.......
But we've gotta play Ed there. Make the most of the 30 games he has left.

We need to play Casboult/Pitonet.
Mumford will do his absolute best to destroy TDK by means of "clumsy accidents".
The AFL needs to remove the free hit after a free has been awarded. If a further free is given it needs to be a reversal or a 50 to stop clumsy play like Mumfords. Too often a free is awarded, the play stops and whoever is holding the ball is hammered.

The AFL needs to remove the free hit after a free has been awarded. If a further free is given it needs to be a reversal or a 50 to stop clumsy play like Mumfords. Too often a free is awarded, the play stops and whoever is holding the ball is hammered.
Maybe have off-setting free kicks and ball it up. The NFL has off-setting penalties, if there's penalties on both the Offense and Defence they are both cancelled out.

So using Mumfords example on the weekend after that second tackle the umpire just balls it up instead of one team having a free.

I know this has been done to death but SPS was drafted as a gun midfielder …
And is and has shown he is when played there ie Bulldogs game ..
We are ruining these kids and our club by playing them outa position
Stocker is next…
I am not in favour of much the club has done, re suited position development, but a player like SPS is his own worst enemy. Has never had the core fitness to play CONSISTENTLY in the guts. As I have posted previously from Qld camp training observation he did not participate in match sim over many of my viewed sessions. He also did not pump out conditioning laps as most of the other non participants did. He (and Plow simply walked, laughing and giggling a couple of laps at a very sedate pace). If the bloke is happy to spend his training sessions on light duties, he is never going to be a high output mid.

Want Stocker in mids, but no objection if he bides his time as a defender for a while. Do object to him being isolated in last line as a lockdown type. His opportunity as a playmaking rebounder seems limited with Saad and Williams off half back. Teaguey seems happy to dump him back to allow Docherty to play wing after being displaced from half back. This is much less than ideal.

We need to play Casboult/Pitonet.
Mumford will do his absolute best to destroy TDK by means of "clumsy accidents".
Big NO to this. TDK should be instructed to jump in to Mumford on every occasion. Goldstein did this all game and gave norf silver service. MUMFORD can’t jump and has no mobility. It is a great opportunity for TDK to exploit this and step up as our first ruck. It’s time..

I am not in favour of much the club has done, re suited position development, but a player like SPS is his own worst enemy. Has never had the core fitness to play CONSISTENTLY in the guts. As I have posted previously from Qld camp training observation he did not participate in match sim over many of my viewed sessions. He also did not pump out conditioning laps as most of the other non participants did. He (and Plow simply walked, laughing and giggling a couple of laps at a very sedate pace). If the bloke is happy to spend his training sessions on light duties, he is never going to be a high output mid.

Want Stocker in mids, but no objection if he bides his time as a defender for a while. Do object to him being isolated in last line as a lockdown type. His opportunity as a playmaking rebounder seems limited with Saad and Williams off half back. Teaguey seems happy to dump him back to allow Docherty to play wing after being displaced from half back. This is much less than ideal.
I don't see him being able to play defender at all, personally. He's instinctual; he wants to go and get the ball, be the bloke who starts things. He's strong, and he's got reasonable acceleration despite not being quick.

The problem is Cripps is in that precise role.

It's why I'm with Jimmae who thinks we should turn Cripps into the relief ruckman. He's going to give us more around the stoppage than Pittonett would whilst in the ruck, and once the ball hits the deck the opposition will be outnumbered anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back