Preview Rd 14 - Carlton v GWS Sat June 19 7.25pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Newman injured or just concussion protocol.
Concussion protocol would have passed so providing he wasn't injured in that fall he should be available, unless he's still experiencing concussion symptoms. I'm sure we'll get an injury update tomorrow given it usually comes Tuesday.

Although not necessarily related to the GWS game... if McKay, Newman and Gibbons are all declared fit for football this weekend, then this will be the healthiest round of the year for us! 39 players to choose from a 45 man list (Marchy, Gov, Cunners, McD, Philpy, CC unavailable)

I'm super excited about this and what it means for the VFL teams performance and development for the rest of the year!!!

* touch wood*

This week i'd like to see...

In: SPS, Plowman
Out: Cottrell, Murphy
Sub: Fogarty

Ed to the wing, SPS in the centre.
With Fish back last week on paper the best team we’ve put out for at least 12 months, yet we got beaten by the WC 2’s - this is a strange team at the moment, who knows what they dish up this week. A bit of honesty is well overdue

With Fish back last week on paper the best team we’ve put out for at least 12 months, yet we got beaten by the WC 2’s - this is a strange team at the moment, who knows what they dish up this week. A bit of honesty is well overdue
GWS off a 6 day break travelling back from Hobart in tough conditions. We’re off a bye. Surely that gives us a few extra chances.

On paper yes, but players coming into a side all over the shop and a few of those guys only just back from injury, was unlikely we were just going to click into gear.

Walsh would be the one I'm worried about.
He's in for a rough night I think. Will probably cop De Boer and no doubt the Giants will be looking to scrag him at every opportunity, especially given we've not been great at blocking/supporting tagged mids in the past. Would love to see Crippa throw his weight around and run through De Boer (fairly) a couple of times if he does try and shut Walsh down

Why don’t we target Mummy some nice big deliberate corks to the calf and thighs cop a couple of $2000 fines a few push pull melees.
Go after there hardest man get some resolve before the game starts
Every one would no what to expect when the team has been told to target Mummy no retreat no surrender

Teague said the other week SPS has been on a training program to pick up his running capacity to play more midfield minutes - I wouldn't be surprised if he played flat in that VFL game .. we will see if it works or this is really the coaches plan as if it is I would expect him to play this week (after a 5 week training block )
Not sure he needs more training, but interesting to see what comes of a focus on working on his ability to accelerate off the mark and try to cover ground with an economical style when making position.

Was apparently bog in the swans blues vfl practice match filler game thingy.
The one we had the morning of the Swans game? Weren't the reports glowing for Dow... or was this a subsequent game?

Did that happen this year? Still looks like he barely got off the ground. Can't jump at the centre bounce,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Concussion protocol would have passed so providing he wasn't injured in that fall he should be available, unless he's still experiencing concussion symptoms. I'm sure we'll get an injury update tomorrow given it usually comes Tuesday.
I'm inclined to give any concussion case an extra week off. Gibbons must have passed all his tests, but was rubbish for a month afterwards.

i.e. How careful has The Storm been with Papenhuyzen?

With Pittonet and DeKoning in the side, we should run Mummy off his feet at every opportunity. Make him chase - those 34yo legs won't have the energy to crash into anything except the couch that night.

Mumford has really become a boogyman figure for some here... Are we really that afraid of him? All this talk of protecting this guy or that guy because big Mummy will hurt them.. Come on now.

He's a "clumsy" (read: dirty) ruckman who doesn't get much of the ball or win many hitouts these days that'll likely give away a few frees - Especially this week with the media scrutiny. The amount of concern he's generating is a bit ott.

In: Plowman, Parks, Williamson, O'Brien, McGovern
Out: Newman (inj.), Jones, E.Curnow, Cottrell, Pittonet

B: Plowman-----------------Parks-----------------Williamson

H: Williams-----------------Weitering----------------Saad

C: Docherty------------------Cripps------------------O'Brien

H: Martin-------------------McGovern--------------Silvagni

F: Betts-----------------------McKay------------------Owies

Foll: De Koning, Dow, Walsh

Bench: Stocker (mid), Setterfield, Murphy, Fisher

Sub: Newnes

wtaf

Ummm, Gov is still out with a hammy and Newman's concussion period is up, just like Harry. You also completely forgot Williams.

Lastly, Jones will never be dropped given we have no replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back