Autopsy Rd 14 - Cats beat Dogs after the siren. The this is gonna be good thread.

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can we just appreciate for a minute how fantastic it is to see the hoops back on the long sleeve, cannot believe it took 9 seasons after moving back to the hoops to get them added.

image.png

860143.png

Last edited:

VogonProsthetnic

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Beaufort
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Did you hear his pathetic response though? “I thought I heard a touch but I want to check because there’s so much going on in my head”. Clearly wasn’t handling the occasion. I was more upset with the Stewart one though. Looked like there was space above Calebs hand but the video was not conclusive on when Stewart touched our “goal”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the ‘I can see separation between the hand and the ball argument’.

Well you would unless the frame catches the exact instant at contact. In some cases no frame will catch it, it’s just a matter of luck.

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
Old mate's stupidity just exacerbates the pain. Why did it have to be ******* Geelong? I know we all love to talk sh*t about the Saints, poor old norf, the evil campaigners at GWS, but ******* Geelong, good lord. Biggest ******* bunch of numpties in the league. I've gotta deal with these idiots on a daily basis down here. I've already had one mate messaging me tonight talking about how great they are. I'll get more at work tomorrow. A blessing in disguise I had to work and miss the first quarter and a half so I couldn't go to the game, sure i'd have got to see an awesome game, but there is no winning when you're surrounded by the stupidest supporters in the competition in their own echo chamber.
My advice is to change jobs and a tree change back to Footscray

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
To make myself feel better this afternoon I put on my wetsuit and went for a swim at middle park beach. While it was as cold as f#ck, I feel much better. I regained my apetite and am going to eat up the missus as soon as she gets into bed. Nothing like going for a swim in winter. really good for depression and for bad experiences like last night.

To be fair, Caleb did seem to indicate to the umpire that he didn't touch it, and nodded his head when the decision came through..
That was my understanding too.

And to those who ask why we had Caleb on the mark, I thought the new MOTM rule was that it HAD to be the player closest to where the mark was taken (or where the free was given away), i.e. you can no longer swap the man on the mark for someone else. Can anyone confirm either way?

As for the Stewart touch, I saw the replay a couple of times and both times I thought it was before the ENTIRE ball had completely crossed the goal line. Certainly a close one but the correct call IMO.

Sorry for the unpopular calls, but I think sometimes our passion for the Dogs overrules our senses/recollections. I'm certainly guilty of it at times.

To make myself feel better this afternoon I put on my wetsuit and went for a swim at middle park beach. While it was as cold as f#ck, I feel much better. I regained my apetite and am going to eat up the missus as soon as she gets into bed. Nothing like going for a swim in winter. really good for depression and for bad experiences like last night.
Rather too much information there perro-loco.

But I hope you have a nice evening. :p

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That was my understanding too.

And to those who ask why we had Caleb on the mark, I thought the new MOTM rule was that it HAD to be the player closest to where the mark was taken (or where the free was given away), i.e. you can no longer swap the man on the mark for someone else. Can anyone confirm either way?

As for the Stewart touch, I saw the replay a couple of times and both times I thought it was before the ENTIRE ball had completely crossed the goal line. Certainly a close one but the correct call IMO.

Sorry for the unpopular calls, but I think sometimes our passion for the Dogs overrules our senses/recollections. I'm certainly guilty of it at times.

My issue was with the review to begin with.

How can they review a touched ball call an umpires heard?

I agree Calebs reaction said he didn’t touch it but that’s not the point.

The umpire heard a touch or he didn’t and the video was in no way conclusive unless it can be stopped at the exact frame.

There is no way the video can say the umpire didn’t hear it so has to be umpires call.

The Stewart one was clearly touched before it crossed the line so was the right call

My issue was with the review to begin with.

How can they review a touched ball call an umpires heard?

I agree Calebs reaction said he didn’t touch it but that’s not the point.

The umpire heard a touch or he didn’t and the video was in no way conclusive unless it can be stopped at the exact frame.

There is no way the video can say the umpire didn’t hear it so has to be umpires call.

The Stewart one was clearly touched before it crossed the line so was the right call
That's a reasonable question re the Caleb one.

My guess is that it's like one umpire conferring with another in a cricket game. The first one says "my immediate thought about what happened was 'x' but on reflection it could have been 'y' ... did you get a good view of it?" Except in this instance there aren't fixed position umpires so he goes to the video review for confirmation instead.

If Caleb says it was the correct result (ie not touched) then I think the system was working as intended.

I agree that video reviews are really irritating though, and they rob the game of spontaneity.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

My guess is that it's like one umpire conferring with another in a cricket game. The first one says "my immediate thought about what happened was 'x' but on reflection it could have been 'y' ... did you get a good view of it?" Except in this instance there aren't fixed umpires so he goes to the video review for confirmation instead.

If Caleb says it was the correct result (ie not touched) then I think the system was working as intended.

I agree that video reviews are really irritating though, and they rob the game of spontaneity.

He heard it or he didn’t. He was one metre away with very little crowd noise.

He made the call and there is no possible way it can be conclusively proved incorrect so must stand.

What Caleb says is unimportant as players cannot be trusted to always tell the truth.

Marbyriver

Debutant
Aug 15, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can we just appreciate for a minute how fantastic it is to see the hoops back on the long sleeve, cannot believe it took 9 seasons after moving back to the hoops to get them added.

View attachment 1159047
View attachment 1159048
I cannot underestimate how important these things are, as stupid as it may sound. Feels like we're reclaiming our history. All the old photos of Schultz and Whitten, not to mention all of the photos of my family from the 50's/60's have them wearing the long sleeved hooped jumpers, it's beautiful. We survived through the dark times and we're thriving in the Western suburbs, love it! Go dogs!

The one positive is we’ll surely be seeing Garcia next week.

And the Jamarra news can fu** off after his game in the vfl. Clearly not ready.

Any journalist that asks the question hasn't done their homework, he's 5th in line at the moment.

Mar 29, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In what universe is Caleb even standing on the mark for anyway? Any danger one of his taller team-mates could stroll on over and relieve him of a duty he’s clearly not built for? That kick would’ve hit some of our taller blokes in the f***ing head!
Gardner has gotten a hand or finger on a couple of shots on goal when standing on the mark. As recently as the Wet toast game

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

fred cook

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
brunswick
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
nnn

My guess is that it's like one umpire conferring with another in a cricket game. The first one says "my immediate thought about what happened was 'x' but on reflection it could have been 'y' ... did you get a good view of it?" Except in this instance there aren't fixed position umpires so he goes to the video review for confirmation instead.

The question I ask why was the smallest man on the mark ( no offence Daniel ). but why not put Tim on the mark

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
What????

I was on here till after midnight last night deleting posts, issuing warnings and infractions and trying my hardest to clean up the board, as emotions were running high on here. We were being heavily trolled on the board and via pm's and calling out posters on old Cats threads - it was chaotic. If I somehow offered comfort to someone you dislike, then I'm afraid that's tough - I am very consistent in calling out posters who vilify and abuse players.
Mutt you do a fantastic job. Get rid of the trolls and don't feel bad about being criticised by idiots. just suspend them.

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
How long will Astro be out if he has broken ribs. Found this on the website not sure if it is accurate.

In most cases, broken ribs usually heal on their own in one or two months. Adequate pain control is important so that you can continue to breathe deeply and avoid lung complications, such as pneumonia
He is ok, no broken ribs according to SEN. Broken ribs depends on how used you are at having them broken. Maybe a week or two. Boxers have broken ribs and keep fighting. I know a mate who broke three ribs cycling and the day after did 90 kms and was ahead of us by around an hour. Go figure. some people say it is pain threshold.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What????

I was on here till after midnight last night deleting posts, issuing warnings and infractions and trying my hardest to clean up the board, as emotions were running high on here. We were being heavily trolled on the board and via pm's and calling out posters on old Cats threads - it was chaotic. If I somehow offered comfort to someone you dislike, then I'm afraid that's tough - I am very consistent in calling out posters who vilify and abuse players.

Mutt I probably cause you more grief than anyone else does and we have had our issues but this bloke just doesn’t like me.

Came into the forum and made two posts last night ONLY. Both about me.

Not one comment about the game in any way, shape or form.

Personally think he deserves an infraction for speaking off topic but you are the boss 👍🏼😂

Last edited:
He is ok, no broken ribs according to SEN. Broken ribs depends on how used you are at having them broken. Maybe a week or two. Boxers have broken ribs and keep fighting. I know a mate who broke three ribs cycling and the day after did 90 kms and was ahead of us by around an hour. Go figure. some people say it is pain threshold.
Remember when Ziebell broke Travis Cloke’s ribs? He was out of action for ages.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Surprised by the early positivity in this thread. I’m filthy after this game.
The players threw this one away, costly misses of easy goals, continually kicking it lace out to Tom Stewart and whatever the hell that last minute was.
Pissed away a golden opportunity

Nobody is denying we pissed it away, but down Naughton, and without Treloar and Dunkley (one ruck - our decision 😡) we gave it a hell of a crack.

Yes, we should’ve won, but I’m hoping this one really burns and we‘re like men possessed on the run home. We can win all 9. End up 19-3 finish top two, get Ads and Treloar back and belt the f*** out of the rest of them in the finals.

So how was last night Perro?

Back