Autopsy Rd 14 - Cats beat Dogs after the siren. The this is gonna be good thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody is denying we pissed it away, but down Naughton, and without Treloar and Dunkley (one ruck - our decision šŸ˜”) we gave it a hell of a crack.

Yes, we shouldā€™ve won, but Iā€™m hoping this one really burns and weā€˜re like men possessed on the run home. We can win all 9. End up 19-3 finish top two, get Ads and Treloar back and belt the f*** out of the rest of them in the finals.

I take a lot out if it, it wasnā€™t a final so we will get them again, hopefully our home game at Marvel or the G. No Martin, Adz, Richards or Dunks who we hope will be their when the whips are cracking. Garcia I am excited to see-in the team.
Geelong get to the finals every year because of the best home ground advantage in the AFL, even more than the Adelaide and Perth sides. They are experienced, but will Higgins, Selwood and the rest of their old players get through the rest of the season without injury, considering they copped two in this game, doubtful.
Their home ground advantage doesnā€™t stand up in finals, except for last year where the shorter quarters for the COVID cup suited their old players.
Geelong donā€™t have much young talent coming through, as evidenced by our VFL side beating them comfortably at kitty park. If I was a young player for Geelong I would be looking for other opportunities anyway, as guaranteed they will chase old players again.
In 2016, we lost to Geelong when McCrae and Libba went down, and we were all gutted then, this year feels very familiar to 2016 except we will be top four, not 7th and ready to strike.
We all know our home grown boys in Bont, Libba, McCrae and Dunks are too good to only win one premiership.
Go Dogs!

Just seen the carry on from Scott. I turned the TV of when Rohan's kick went through on the night. The vision of the overtop carry on should be a perfect motivational tool for Bevo if we play them in a final. Ok winners are grinners and the 4 points is the only tangible thing that counts but with the team we had in and the home ground advantage we had a moral victory, bring it on next time at the G and we see who wins.

Last edited:
Have a look at ā€˜the round so farā€™ on AFL.com.au they have the behind the goal vision of the last play.

Gardner was on Rohan but had to leave him to come up the ball.

Danielā€™s defensive effort to cover is horrible. Parked himself between Rohan and another Cat who was higher up. Surely you take the guy in scoring range?! Also didnā€™t show a lot of intensity to get there.

Also shows Cordy didnā€™t have much alternative with his kick.

Five points....the difference between the field umpire in perfect position calls "touched ball" , and the goal umpire waving two flags.

Just seen the carry on from Scott. I turned the TV of when Rohan's kick went through on the night. The vision of the overtop carry on should be a perfect motivational tool for Bevo if we play them in a final. Ok winners are grinners and the 4 points is the only tangible thing that counts but with the team we had in and the home ground advantage we had a moral victory, bring it on next time at the G and we see who wins.

Over the top carry onā€¦ so true. Players take the lead from their coach. Look at their coach. The biggest d***head going around.

D02F8F7F-46F5-4919-967D-897F3456686C.gif

Lost in carry on but it was pretty fortunate to go down to their home ground and get a good run with the umps.

In fact I can only remember one bad decision against us - a missed high tackle on Dale that led to a goal to them. Maybe one of English's frees he gave away in the ruck weren't there. Apart from that Libba got away with his throws, we got a couple of very lucky holding calls in marking contests as well.

Now to prepare for the most one-sided umpiring location in the league...

What????

I was on here till after midnight last night deleting posts, issuing warnings and infractions and trying my hardest to clean up the board, as emotions were running high on here. We were being heavily trolled on the board and via pm's and calling out posters on old Cats threads - it was chaotic. If I somehow offered comfort to someone you dislike, then I'm afraid that's tough - I am very consistent in calling out posters who vilify and abuse players.
I tell you what Mate, I like reading comments about players on here but when the same negative comments are continually repeated it doesn't anyone any good. I get the fact that one poster doesn't think any of Lipinkski, Hannan and Scott are any good. To keep going on and on with it just to try to prove to everyone how much he knows about the game, is making this forum unreadable. And you are right, I don't like him. The reason is, for someone who has never done anything himself, the lack of respect he shows to some of the players is disgusting.

Last edited:
Still worried about Naughts. It's not the broken ribs that hurt but the torn intercostal (sp?) muscles between the ribs. Can keep playing but hits, stretching, coughing etc effin hurts, and is near impossible to truly ignore.
I would prefer he rest tbh if that's the case. Bring in Schache. I want 100% fit in September not 60% fit in July

I reckon we learnt from the Melbourne game which is why Stewart played as well as he did. We tried to go through him rather than around him like we did with Lever and we got some goals on the back of it - Scott's two goals were Stewart looking to intercept, Bruce's goal when he slipped over and another Bruce goal when he was being marked.

We got a couple of early goals as well with Geelong looking to go around and turning it over - Libba's opening goal and JJ's snap the example.

Whilst we clearly had some errors I reckon Bevo's pre-game preparation and the style we were trying to move the ball was a lot better than our other wins (and even some of our losses) this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To make myself feel better this afternoon I put on my wetsuit and went for a swim at middle park beach. While it was as cold as f#ck, I feel much better. I regained my apetite and am going to eat up the missus as soon as she gets into bed. Nothing like going for a swim in winter. really good for depression and for bad experiences like last night.

Try the swim without the wetsuit, and youā€™ll pull a couple more ladies into bed with the missus.

Try the swim without the wetsuit, and youā€™ll pull a couple more ladies into bed with the missus.
Not sure about that. The body reacts to extreme cold by retracting the testes closer to the inner body and pulling the blood supply away from the extremities and also from the unnecessary appendages so they ... errm ... shrink.

Might be counterproductive!

Not sure about that. The body reacts to extreme cold by retracting the testes closer to the inner body and pulling the blood supply away from the extremities and also from the unnecessary appendages so they ... errm ... shrink.

Might be counterproductive!

Not straight awayā€¦.

Once he is warm again, his stamina & drive will likely be increased.

I think it was a goal, based simply on Caleb not seeming to think he touched it, but have had enough of these goal reviews announcing they have observed "conclusive" evidence when there is no such thing on display. Seriously, how could anyone make a "conclusive" call from this vision? Apparently footballs are some sort of wibbly-wobbly, banana shaped, water filled balloons - no wonder we have trouble kicking straight. Score Review Conclusive.gif

Friday night I was angry, Saturday it still burned to the point I wondered how much it would be burning the players.

Today I was content and looking forward, hope we just do the review and take lessons on board to rectify them next time out. Donā€™t see it as a ā€œgood lossā€, but better now than September.

Also comfortable being almost certain that will be the last time they will beat us for some time (pending major injury crisis), regardless of location. Their cliff will come hard and we were missing 3/7 of our best midfield/ruck rotation.

Remember when Ziebell broke Travis Clokeā€™s ribs? He was out of action for ages.
I was not saying that it is not painful or can get you out for weeks. Some people have pain thresholds that are just amazing. Brereton played with broken ribs in the Geelong GF. The cyclist guy I know has broken his ribs a number of times and he says he is used to it. Go figure. If I break a nail, I don't get out of bed for weeks.

I think it was a goal, based simply on Caleb not seeming to think he touched it, but have had enough of these goal reviews announcing they have observed "conclusive" evidence when there is no such thing on display. Seriously, how could anyone make a "conclusive" call from this vision? Apparently footballs are some sort of wibbly-wobbly, banana shaped, water filled balloons - no wonder we have trouble kicking straight.View attachment 1159792

The real question is what was Caleb doing on the mark it should have been a tall.

I was not saying that it is not painful or can get you out for weeks. Some people have pain thresholds that are just amazing. Brereton played with broken ribs in the Geelong GF. The cyclist guy I know has broken his ribs a number of times and he says he is used to it. Go figure. If I break a nail, I don't get out of bed for weeks.

Iā€™m far from a hero and I played a game out with broken ribs. The next day I prayed for a quick death

I doubt very much your cyclist mate is riding that far with broken ribs as they effect your breathing quite drastically, if he can he is super human

1994 v2.0, just no finals at stake in the outcome

those with a memory will know what Iā€™m referring to.
I was there with my Uncle and Father. Uncle actually cried on the way home.

That, and the 10-goal game from Gary Whatshisname in the other finals match against the Demons really hurt.

Oh, the 97 and 98 prelims, and the 74, 76 elimination finals, and the 85 prelim ... I was there for them all. I might just go and have a Bex and lie down now :-(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back