Autopsy Rd 14 - Cats beat Dogs after the siren. The this is gonna be good thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

After kicking 6 in the 2's Schache deserves another try (cant believe I wrote that ;)), last chance Josh!
Mainly to give Astro a week to recover. Perths always a hard ask, especially with our currrent injury list and their umpiring advantage there. Rest the semi-injured, give the almost theres another week, bring in the fringe players and accept what comes of that. Its west coast in Perth, pencil in a L and move on.

Re Friday, anywhere else we win, with half our team out injured. Pussies dont scare me now. If theyre flag favourites the bookies are going bust
He gave another away (passed to Jamarra in the goal square). Led really well, looked confident. BOG for mine.

The difficulty with Josh Schache playing this week at the expense of Naughton is

What would Josh have to do to keep his place in the side given Naughton would be certainty to return if he missed this week?

There’s a chance even if he kicked 5 he would still make way for Naughton, if he has an ordinary game he will be dropped anyway.

Feel like Josh is on a hiding to nothing in these scenarios

Last edited:
Josh deserves his spot after 6 goals and 13 marks even if Naughton plays Hannan should be dropped. Do I expect him to perform against WCE defence no but you must reward players on your list if the perform well in twos and drop players who do not perform in the ones. It is why Lipinski keeps coming back. At least if he can find the ball he is a good finisher.

My take:

I think the raking of his knuckles into Duryea's face was intentional. Not much in it but he definitely brings the hand back with force. He seemed frustrated. Stepping on Duryea's leg I honestly believe was a genuine accident. He was looking at the umpire and while doing so the leg moved. He had no way of knowing the leg was in that position when he stepped there. I can understand Duryea thinking it was intentional though after having his face raked.

The Bailey Dale one was just cowardly and pathetic. To slam a players head into the ground while your team mate is laying on him is just inexcusable. Bailey has no ability to protect himself in that position. I don't necessarily think it deserves a suspension but it doesnt do his reputation any favours. I'd like to see Bevo play that footage to the players next time we face Geelong.

That game goes to show why Dunkley is so damn vital to this side. When libba is off we need Dunkley as the main extractor on the inside. Geelong punished us too often with clearances when Libba was off.
If we can get Dunkley, Treloar & Martin back without losing anyone important, there’s no team that will beat us. None.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tell you what Mate, I like reading comments about players on here but when the same negative comments are continually repeated it doesn't anyone any good. I get the fact that one poster doesn't think any of Lipinkski, Hannan and Scott are any good. To keep going on and on with it just to try to prove to everyone how much he knows about the game, is making this forum unreadable. And you are right, I don't like him. The reason is, for someone who has never done anything himself, the lack of respect he shows to some of the players is disgusting.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons.. they are vexations to the spirit. Ignore!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back