Preview Rd 14 - The Best Team of the Last 3 Years vs The West Coast Bradbury's

Remove this Banner Ad

They think you're joking about his leap being higher than NicNat. Little do they know.
Why try and intimidate us? None of us on this board nor you are even playing. It's all out of ours and your hands pal. You sound like you have little man's syndrome with all your posts.

All we can do is discuss the game. Trying to make us worried won't change anything that will happen tomorrow. I'm sure both sides are more than capable of handling the pressure of a regular season game win or lose because they've both won much bigger games than this. Our mob has done it twice as much as yours in the last 3 years.

Relax dude.

Why try and intimidate us? None of us on this board nor you are even playing. It's all out of ours and your hands pal. You sound like you have little man's syndrome with all your posts.

All we can do is discuss the game. Trying to make us worried won't change anything that will happen tomorrow. I'm sure both sides are more than capable of handling the pressure of a regular season game win or lose because they've both won much bigger games than this. Our mob has done it twice as much as yours in the last 3 years.

Relax dude.

It's all good Shaks has no idea how high a leap our 2.04 meter giant has in Soldo. I wish their new kid the best of luck like I do ours

I love how West Coast fans love saying they saved the VFL etc etc all the while the elephant in the room is they completely destroyed their own hundred years old competition the WAFL to "save" the VFL. Great call.

If you put all your eggs in one basket yeh you get an awesome shiny product with lots of backslapping and success pretty much every year, but the cost has been very high indeed.

It's sad to drive past the old East's or South's grounds every day and see peeling paint, crumbling concrete and a couple of hundred diehards with their backs to the wind.

But hey, Eagles right. Flying high.
The Wafl is still alive and helps to feed the next level. I won't deny that a lot of us stopped following it as passionately when the Eagles were formed.
To beat the Vic clubs at their own game on their own ground provided too good an entertainment.
A bit like beating England at Lords.
Hey

Relax dude.
I'm relaxed dude. It says a lot about one's insecurity that they think I'm trying to intimidate them with a debutant.
I think we all know it's in the players hands.
Looking forward to the game.

The Wafl is still alive and helps to feed the next level. I won't deny that a lot of us stopped following it as passionately when the Eagles were formed.
To beat the Vic clubs at their own game on their own ground provided too good an entertainment.
Hey
Really curious and no barbs intended, are you old enough to have followed one of the WAFL teams passionately?

As a die hard Richmond supporter, followed them through the lowest of times, I think I'd find it really difficult letting them go to support a team called East Coast or Melbourne that ultimately belongs in say a South Australian league.

I know Fitzroy supporters that have found losing their team to Brisbane challenging to deal with.

Really curious and no barbs intended, are you old enough to have followed one of the WAFL teams passionately?

As a die hard Richmond supporter, followed them through the lowest of times, I think I'd find it really difficult letting them go to support a team called East Coast or Melbourne that ultimately belongs in say a South Australian league.

I know Fitzroy supporters that have found losing their team to Brisbane challenging to deal with.
Yes I followed East Perth as a kid and still do. The Eagles were formed in 1987.
There's no conflict and no need to leave one to support the other because they are in two separate leagues.

Yes I followed East Perth as a kid and still do. The Eagles were formed in 1987.
There's no conflict and no need to leave one to support the other because they are in two separate leagues.
Thanks mate.

I think the closest I've been to this sort of thing is when the Melbourne Tigers in the NBL changed their long standing identification. However, I haven't really followed bball since 90s so it wasnt hardly anything of much distinction but I do remember feeling strange and a bit sad the Melbourne Tigers weren't going to continue.

I'm relaxed dude. It says a lot about one's insecurity that they think I'm trying to intimidate them with a debutant.
I think we all know it's in the players hands.
Looking forward to the game.
Rivalry between the best teams will always be found amongst their supporters. There's no doubt Richmond are a top team. Their record of the last three years speaks for itself. Do I hate them? You bet I do.
Do I respect them and admire their football? Yes.
Richmond V Westcoast was one of the games I wanted to see live at Optus this year. Maybe next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey
This whole state v state thing bores and annoys me. It screams chip on the shoulder and insecurity - both ways.

We're all Australian. I much prefer team v team rivalries where it's about football clubs rather than tearing mean little strips off each other because of where you live, where you work or even where you were born, things we often have no control over.

Half your players are Victorians including your skipper and a bunch of our best players are from WA. Alex Rance anyone ? It's why they call it a National Draft.

Maybe people feel better about themselves or vindicated hating another state in their own country but frankly I hate hearing my own clubs' fans bagging Western Australia (my home) and West Aussies crapping on Victoria (where I grew up) when most of them either haven't been to the other side of the country or wouldn't know the first thing about it.

It's only football. The stupid irony is that ALL clubs have fans in ALL states. You know, the ones that the players walk all the way down to the other end of the ground after an away win to say thanks for the support. The players get it.

How do you think interstate fans feel when their own club's fans take a crap on where they live ? How do you think your own club's players from other states feel when you piss all over where they're from ?

It's just nonsense. Bag the clubs, (they all thrive on the hate) don't bag the state. Unless you can tell the future you might live there one day and you'll look and feel like a dick.

That goes for everybody.

This whole state v state thing bores and annoys me. It screams chip on the shoulder and insecurity - both ways.

We're all Australian. I much prefer team v team rivalries where it's about football clubs rather than tearing mean little strips off each other because of where you live, where you work or even where you were born, things we often have no control over.

Half your players are Victorians including your skipper and a bunch of our best players are from WA. Alex Rance anyone ? It's why they call it a National Draft.

Maybe people feel better about themselves or vindicated hating another state in their own country but frankly I hate hearing my own clubs' fans bagging Western Australia (my home) and West Aussies crapping on Victoria (where I grew up) when most of them either haven't been to the other side of the country or wouldn't know the first thing about it.

It's only football. The stupid irony is that ALL clubs have fans in ALL states. You know, the ones that the players walk all the way down to the other end of the ground after an away win to say thanks for the support. The players get it.

How do you think interstate fans feel when their own club's fans take a crap on where they live ? How do you think your own club's players from other states feel when you piss all over where they're from ?

It's just nonsense. Bag the clubs, (they all thrive on the hate) don't bag the state. Unless you can tell the future you might live there one day and you'll look andYET feel like a dick.

That goes for everybody.

The state v state stuff is just mainly banter YOT.

But apart from that some of us have family history in this country before it was a country, and was a collection of British colonies, each administered separately until 1901. The remnants of this can be seen in the modern states. I think it is expected of inhabitants of the various states to uphold the long held tradition of insulting rival states. In modern times sport gives a perfect context for this. As you rightly point out, it is clear our club and supporters don’t systematically discriminate against players from rival states, and neither does any club in the competition.

Footy is tribal. It is fine to insult other states. And in the case of WA, well right now it is even more acceptable.

In the case of the Eagles in particular, I cannot get my head around wtf this club actually is.

It was started life as a publicly listed company, Indian Pacific Ltd. So you know, it is sort of like 100,000 absolute idiots signing up to watch Westfield or BHP go about its business, but on a much less successful scale.

But then it was bought out by the West Australian Football Commission. Which also owns Fremantle. So in reality, West Coast Eagles is Fremantle Dockers and Fremantle Dockers is West Coast Eagles. They are both owned in the same interests. I can’t get my head around that. Would be sort of like Edward McGuire’s media company owning Collingwood FC and Richmond FC, and us pretending to be rivals. It just doesn’t add up. An individual supporting either of them is sort of akin to somebody supporting Melbourne Bitter over Victoria Bitter or vice versa, and hating the other one. It is all just sort of mixed up made up stuff. Like, someone just sort of went to Companies House and came out of there with a piece of paper and said I reckon I can get tens of thousands of stupid Western Australians to pay money to follow this company. And they did! That couldn’t happen in Victoria, people are not that dumb here.

So when Shaks sees his footy team run out on the ground at Metricon tonight, what I will see is 22 employees of the Indian Pacific Ltd Company. They have no soul. So when I wrote earlier footy is tribal, in WA it is more diatribal.

It's just nonsense. Bag the clubs, (they all thrive on the hate) don't bag the state. Unless you can tell the future you might live there one day and you'll look and feel like a dick.

That goes for everybody.

Agree. I totally don’t understand the state bashing.

*SA being the exception. That place is terrible, and I can say that because I grew up there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back