Autopsy Rd 14 vs St Kilda @ Etihad Stadium, Sunday 25th

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly
High turnover of players in 7 years
Yet Ashcroft, Clayton, Lovell, Solomon, Blight, Cockrane etc etc are still there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Take shots at the rest if you will, but let's leave the coch out of this.
He only joined us last year and has been a great addition. He and Evans to make things happen.

Honestly I don't think Sexton, Lonergan, Lemmens, Shaw, Hallahan, Brooksby and the like would be on any list of a team in the 8. They've all been here years and none are going to the next level. It's only 12 months ago we still had Russell, Stanley and Tape on the list after 6 years.
It has to be a rebuild.
pretty good point you make. it kills me (especially Secco, cuz I love him and think there's actually some sort of special player in there somewhere) but they are all the definition of lost cloggers. add the rest of em to that list too.
our best 8 players + our young prospects are as good as any. problem is, and always has been, that big key core mid-age chunk of the list. the 100-200 game players who are bloody handy but not demanding top dollar.

If hawks beat magpies next week and we lose to north we are 2nd bottom , if you where to say at the start of the year come rd15 with a good injury list we would be in this situation I wouldn't believe you.

I heard a commentator (maybe BDixon) say today this probably isn't a great draft year coming up too. So picks 2 and 20 might not be that exciting.

Yeah come on lots of soldiers out very young side still, no need to rebuild we already have the young players just need them to develop

This is the problem for the next 8 weeks imo , we are out of finals contention imo but have a coach still fighting for his job , and in today's game it was ah Chee fiorini darcys getting us back into the game , but eade isn't going to add Brodie Bowes and scrim , his going for experience ala shaw , lonergan etc .

While we are wrapping players

Sean Lemmens I've noticed is a clear whipping boy in here (just like William Zillman on the Titans forum).

Can I say one thing as an old NRL lad-Sean Lemmens is the one and only player in the team that can tackle like a man and hammer someone. So I have a bit of time for him.

We desperately need to find a way to instil some confidence into this group, but is Rocket capable of that when there is nothing to play for except pride? Too many blokes out there are just completely shot mentally, and it is resulting in switches straight to the opposition, missing 5m handballs, fumbling picking the ball up, and not going for the slightly riskier option. What we saw against the Bulldogs in pre-season, as well as the Hawks and Cats was a team that backed itself in, moved the ball beautifully and once on top thrived on the down hill skiing. We are capable of so much, yet so many players continually let themselves down, and it is all upstairs.

Hopefully a new coach coming in at the end of the year can bring a bit of belief and confidence and get these guys back to playing their natural game and playing on instincts.

We desperately need to find a way to instil some confidence into this group, but is Rocket capable of that when there is nothing to play for except pride? Too many blokes out there are just completely shot mentally, and it is resulting in switches straight to the opposition, missing 5m handballs, fumbling picking the ball up, and not going for the slightly riskier option. What we saw against the Bulldogs in pre-season, as well as the Hawks and Cats was a team that backed itself in, moved the ball beautifully and once on top thrived on the down hill skiing. We are capable of so much, yet so many players continually let themselves down, and it is all upstairs.

Hopefully a new coach coming in at the end of the year can bring a bit of belief and confidence and get these guys back to playing their natural game and playing on instincts.

The place might well have been a mess and incohesive off the field under McKenna,however, I loved the way we took the game on and the clear confidence that we had,especially the kids, back in those days. We were much better to watch and I was way prouder to be a Suns supporter then.

That's why I say again rather then let Rocket fight for his job and squeeze the orange dry, bone him now, put in Solomon as caretaker (who was a hard mnongrel footballer) and give him these instructions "Dean-get them to play with hardness like how you played and play the kids".

That's me for tonight. Early start. Over and Out.

With 7 outs we were never going to win sadly. Really liked the way Ah Chee played, even off the ball his leading was great need him playing every week. Fiorini was good as well. Rising star nom? He's gotta play midfield every week. DMac was okay, just hope he finds his feet at the level, he's never going to have the height to compete with others.

Thompson, Leslie and May didn't work. None of them played bad it just wasn't working. Riewoldt was able to get clear of Thompson too often and there were lots of mismatches elsewhere. I hope we don't do the same vs North next week. Not sure the type of players we can bring in that will help the team. Lonergan is the biggest disappointment for me, just doesn't really add much. Shaw was okay for parts but he's just not consistent. Brodie, Scheer, Bowes are still too inexperienced to be played. Would have been 50 point loss with them. Wish we had 22 Jarryd Lyons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also today's game had to be one of our youngest and most inexperienced sides for the year. I'm expecting a big effort for Gaz's 300th next week, it's a must win game fro this football club, even though we are out if the finals race. Haven't loss 3 in a row at any time thi season also. Consistently losing two then coming out with a tough win and then winning the next. I expect to win this, and changes have to be made. Out: Shaw, Lonergan, Sexton In: Ablett, Rosa and Hall. KK probably comes in but the forward line of North is also very big but not as mobile as St Kilda's, with Waite, Daw and Brown as well as Wood. KK i reckon might come in for MacPherson, Lemmens or Joyce to give height. Also last time we played North, Ben Brown ran riot as well as Wood dominating, but we had no KK, May or Thompson. Confident this week, but who knows from our team

Also today's game had to be one of our youngest and most inexperienced sides for the year. I'm expecting a big effort for Gaz's 300th next week, it's a must win game fro this football club, even though we are out if the finals race. Haven't loss 3 in a row at any time thi season also. Consistently losing two then coming out with a tough win and then winning the next. I expect to win this, and changes have to be made. Out: Shaw, Lonergan, Sexton In: Ablett, Rosa and Hall. KK probably comes in but the forward line of North is also very big but not as mobile as St Kilda's, with Waite, Daw and Brown as well as Wood. KK i reckon might come in for MacPherson, Lemmens or Joyce to give height. Also last time we played North, Ben Brown ran riot as well as Wood dominating, but we had no KK, May or Thompson. Confident this week, but who knows from our team
Rocket said Hall will miss and Matera will play.

Only saw the third quarter so looking forward to seeing the rest of the game. Rapt with Fiorini's numbers!

From what I saw Martin looked ineffective and lacked involvement and confidence again - something not quite right there.

Ainsworth is going to be a total star. Limited touches but is extremely skilful and hard at it to boot.

Hey guys! Could someone send me a copy of this week's AFL Record with the Gaz 300th cover on it? I can't get it here in Canada but, if someone could send me a copy, I'll gladly pay you for it!

PM me if you can!

Yeah,spelling was never me thing,im still on the champagne!!!
R we going to sack Rocket!!!! Lol
Oooooh when the saints !!!! Go marching innnnnnn !!! Oh when the saints go marching in !!! Oooh ooh , Lol
Get me another drink!!! Lol

Marching on like Roo-ey blowing another goal from the the goal square. The flashback to the 2010 Grand Final was 'pleasing'.
Marching on like the Saints kicking for goal. Some very 'pleasing' shanks in front of goal. Good luck beating a decent team with mentally weak kicking like that.

Plenty of negatives, again.
  • We are still too easy to score against. Teams go through phases of the game where they can easily move the ball from half-back to a dangerous scoring position. Then other phases where we good at it. Our midfield defence is just not good enough.
  • Tackle numbers for our main midfielders and wings = 3,1,3,5,2,0,5,1. (Witts had 6, Swallow and Lonergan had the 5's). No wonder we got beat by 20 tackles.
  • Disposal under pressure a worry but disposal not under pressure, when we should be going at 90%? Horrendous.
  • Sexton getting worse.
  • Swallow trying but not getting anywhere. The same for Lynch.

Some positives from the game.
  • Lyons and Harbrow keep on keeping on. Harbrow gives a few others hope since he used to shank the ball all the time and now he never does.
  • Ah Chee coming on well, a strong overhead mark. Very quick hands as well.
  • Martin does not get the ball enough, but covers the ground and does something with it when he gets it (which puts him in front of 15 other players on the team).
  • Ainsworth gets to where the ball is, which is a good start for a half forward.
  • Fiorini is a midfielder, can find the ball.

Go saints
Had ta get on and have a look!!!Great win !! We are marching forward! Bring on September,the big Roomisters back.The only consistent thing going on here tonight is the suns posters bagging and s**t canning there team again after another lose.he he
Those limitless gmail accounts sure produce some outstanding troll talent
StKilda is a nothing side representing no-one nowhere
We will be around kicking butt when StKilda is a memory or playing on the Tasmanian West Coast
1/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back