Unofficial Preview Rd 15: Changes Vs the Hawks - Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Hogan a real conundrum. His body is clearly shot and hard to see any way he justifies a contract extension.

However he does tend to seduce by slotting a few before inevitably breaking down again. Think he's fighting with HH for that spot. Not sure who else he replaces.

He had a broken preseason.
Think he gets a contract extension on his current payments. Not exactly like they are cap breaking.
He definitely has the talent should we get his injuries felt with.

Hogan a real conundrum. His body is clearly shot and hard to see any way he justifies a contract extension.

However he does tend to seduce by slotting a few before inevitably breaking down again. Think he's fighting with HH for that spot. Not sure who else he replaces.
Though he has a great tank and Leon plays him as a combo high HF and leading FF, his repeated injuries mean he should probably settle down full time as a FF. In a sense his work rate is too high, he roams up to half back sometimes and runs himself ragged. Would be great if his body held up, but history suggests it probably wont. Leave the running to TOJ and HH. From what we have seen, he has great leading patterns, is a strong mark and an accurate goal kicker inside 50 (who is more conventional and disciplined, without the unnecessary flare of bananas and random misses which can at times plague the other two) - all fantastic traits for a FF. That being said, if he remains fit, Riccardi may start to ponder a move elsewhere given they are similar players vying for essentially the same position with Briggs also looking to play a 3rd tall role.

Leon very bullish about players returning on 360 tonight .... could have Cogs, Jesse and Sam Taylor back next week ... also spoke of cogs as forward/mid

Leon’s comment on Cogs’ positional role definitely caught my attention too.

Given the mids are humming, Cogs could come in and put a very high quality shift on a HF flank.

We need more out of our fwd line and he could provide it immediately.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Leon’s comment on Cogs’ positional role definitely caught my attention too.

Given the mids are humming, Cogs could come in and put a very high quality shift on a HF flank.

We need more out of our fwd line and he could provide it immediately.

I'm not sure Cogs is as silky and crafty as Kelly but Cogs should play in the HF role that Kelly played start of the season to ease him back in.

We've had most of our mids rotate into HF throughout games - Taranto and Green in particular. So it's going to be a tight squeeze for midfield time for everyone once Cogs is back.

I'm not sure Cogs is as silky and crafty as Kelly but Cogs should play in the HF role that Kelly played start of the season to ease him back in.

We've had most of our mids rotate into HF throughout games - Taranto and Green in particular. So it's going to be a tight squeeze for midfield time for everyone once Cogs is back.

I would imagine Cogs nudges Lloyd out of the team in a week or two.

With Daniels having already nudged out Hill by that time.

TBH, that would be harsh on Lloyd but we need something big from Cogs - and I expect he will deliver.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He definitely had a broken pre-season. Had quite a major quad injury.

TO be honest he is too good to not play AFL. It not like he is keeping someone out or cloggin up space. Im happy with him on the list and playing. Clearly two games in 13 isn't enough but if he plays we are a much better forward line

Hi lads,
Hearing that Jelly wasn't on the plane to Melb. Anyone got any inside info on him being out? My SC team would be very grateful

Indeed, can see two or three players bound to be gone and the possibility of one or two not resigning .... Hogan’s low-risk high-reward contract is the least of our concerns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back