Preview Rd 15 Preview - Richmond vs St Kilda @ MCG Friday 25th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also assumes that Champion Data's ranking system is accurate. And for a system that ranks Mason Cox as elite, it's not something I'd be putting too much faith in.

Yeah, but that wasn't the argument

It also assumes that Champion Data's ranking system is accurate. And for a system that ranks Mason Cox as elite, it's not something I'd be putting too much faith in.

CHAMPION DATA LIST RATINGS – MIDFIELDERS (2020)

1. Brisbane Lions

2. North Melbourne

3. Collingwood

4. West Coast Eagles

5. Geelong

6. Western Bulldogs

7. Richmond

8. Hawthorn

9. Melbourne

10. Port Adelaide

11. Essendon

12. GWS Giants

13. St Kilda

14. Gold Coast Suns

15. Fremantle

16. Sydney Swans

17. Adelaide

18. Carlton

They do exactly what he was complaining about in the article

We are 7th once you take into account strength of outs and their replacements, the only thing it doesn't account for is the fact most of our injuries were to midfielders.

It actually highlights the quality of our depth. They have weighted us based on our depth being better then others so when they come in they judge the impact is not as great, hence the lower rating.

CHAMPION DATA LIST RATINGS – MIDFIELDERS (2020)

1. Brisbane Lions

2. North Melbourne

3. Collingwood

4. West Coast Eagles

5. Geelong

6. Western Bulldogs

7. Richmond

8. Hawthorn

9. Melbourne

10. Port Adelaide

11. Essendon

12. GWS Giants

13. St Kilda

14. Gold Coast Suns

15. Fremantle

16. Sydney Swans

17. Adelaide

18. Carlton
the flog that runs CD is a huge norf nuffie

They do exactly what he was complaining about in the article

We are 7th once you take into account strength of outs and their replacements, the only thing it doesn't account for is the fact most of our injuries were to midfielders.

Think it was 8th...but yeah, they do try to allow for the importance of a player, and how much of a downgrade his replacement is.

Mind you, CD tend to under rate our players generally as they don't rack up/pad the stats, so they still probably under rate the effect of our injuries.

Last edited:
Training report courtesy of Caesar from PRE:

Astbury in rehab with Nank and Lynch at main training today and these guys did no kicking or participate in any drills whatsoever so counts Dave out for mine.

Dion good to go.

Pickett was training in the A team vest Rioli Caddy and Hugo in the B team vest so I reckon one will make way for Prestia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Training report courtesy of Caesar from PRE:

Astbury in rehab with Nank and Lynch at main training today and these guys did no kicking or participate in any drills whatsoever so counts Dave out for mine.

Dion good to go.

Pickett was training in the A team vest Rioli Caddy and Hugo in the B team vest so I reckon one will make way for Prestia.
wonder who the 2nd change will be then if rioli&caddy were in the b team vest. unless they just needed an extra for numbers

From my observations, St Kilda are so much better when they play both Rowan Marshall and Patrick Ryder. Almost a completely different side when they do and neither of them played against us the last time.

Therefore, I think that this one to be a close one given our ordinary form recently. If we want some percentage, then we actually need to play well on Friday unlike the last time where we basically cruised to an 86-point margin because of how terrible St Kilda were.

Anyways, St Kilda’s a bit suspect in their backline from what I saw of them so I am really looking forward to seeing what Riewoldt, Chol, Bolton, Dusty and CCJ will do when they’re in the forward line

Going into the match with Chol and Pickett vs Ryder and Marshall is a massive risk, especially considering our backline is tiny atm.

I know he didn't set the world on fire on the VFL, but I'd be debuting Miller this week to cover us in defense and back up Chol in the ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back