2nds Rd 15 Sat 16th July Geelong Vs Werribee @Simonds 12:00pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey willo.

Let's hear about all the running patterns you observed. :)

Menengola 48 disposals and couldn't even land 6 tackles.
Calling Patrick Bateman.
Hard to accrue tackle stats when you're in hospital with leather poisoning ;)

Is McLachan number 65? I see he was named 3rd best...
I'd have the same 3, 2, and 1 as the listed order from the club but I'd have Lang best on with Menegola close behind. Lang was more damaging with the ball and he was best on comfortably when the game was still a contest (the 1st quarter and a half)
Menegola just doesn't stop though.. he is kicking the s**t out of the door to play seniors.

Bewsy did a few nice things... is a bull at the contest and was pretty tidy disposal wise. Ball wasn't there much though.

One thing is noticed is the ability of the AFL listed/quality players to stand up in a tackle and still use the ball at that level. I reckon I saw Selwood, Lang, Menegola and Luxford all get tackled and all be able to still get the ball out clear into space or to a target.

Hayball looked dangerous, to be honest he should have kicked another one as he strolled out onto his left and just pushed a kick wide at one point.

Lucey is the most improved player on our list, is actually learning to be a smart ruckman.. some of his ruck work was fantastic.

Luxford and HS are just good consistent players at this level, they deliver week in week out nowadays

I liked Buzza's aggression, I also liked seeing him barking instructions at players where to set up with a ball up further up the field.

Did Delaney play?
He did, hadn't done much of anything and was wrestling his opponent on the wing in a pack as a ball was coming in... Bews came flying into the pack and absolutely laid it out spoiling the ball

Delaney was very slow to get up, went straight off and I didn't see him again

Yeah McLachlan is 65.
Looks ok.

He did, hadn't done much of anything and was wrestling his opponent on the wing in a pack as a ball was coming in... Bews came flying into the pack and absolutely laid it out spoiling the ball

Delaney was very slow to get up, went straight off and I didn't see him again
That's no good, he's had such a terrible run of injuries, I just want him to be able to play out the rest of the season in the VFL. So hopefully it's nothing serious.

If he can stay fit, I'd like to see Delaney on our list again next year. At the worst he provides depth, and with a full pre-season and some fitness, he might then be good enough to be considered as a replacement for some of our aging talks in defence.

That's no good, he's had such a terrible run of injuries, I just want him to be able to play out the rest of the season in the VFL. So hopefully it's nothing serious.

If he can stay fit, I'd like to see Delaney on our list again next year. At the worst he provides depth, and with a full pre-season and some fitness, he might then be good enough to be considered as a replacement for some of our aging talks in defence.

Now where have we heard that before?

Full Time: Bendigo Bank Cats 25.15.165 def. Werribee Tigers 8.7.55
#PJVFL

Goals: Hayball 4, Lang 4, Atkins 3, Menegola 2, Luxford 2, Horlin-Smith 2, Vardy 2, Parsons, McLachlan, Lucey, Clark, Buzza, Spiteri

Best: Menegola, Lang, McLachlan, Hayball, Parsons, Atkins
#PJVFL

Disposals: Menegola 48, Lang 34, Tsitas 27, Parsons 27, Selwood 26 #PJVFL

Tackles: Atkins 7, Tsitas 6, Buzza 6, Clark 5 #PJVFL

Marks: Tsitas 7, Lang 6, Menegola 5, McLachlan 4, Selwood 4 #PJVFL

Handball Receives: Menegola 22, Lang 18, Sexton 13, Selwood 12, Tsitas 12 #PJVFL

Clearances: Menegola 11, Lang 11, Horlin-Smith 9, Parsons 9 #PJVFL
Menagola and Lang must be in contention for next week

Menagola and Lang must be in contention for next week
Lang does this at VFL level a lot, but was missing last week.
Gregson would be in ahead of him perhaps having travelled to WA. Or maybe not.
Menegola looked very composed and ready to play, but Werribee were as on the nose as that place used to smell like.
Trust me, one night, 40 years ago, my car broke down and had to spend the night on the Maltby bypass and it was horrendous.

Lang does this at VFL level a lot, but was missing last week.
Gregson would be in ahead of him perhaps having travelled to WA. Or maybe not.
Menegola looked very composed and ready to play, but Werribee were as on the nose as that place used to smell like.
Trust me, one night, 40 years ago, my car broke down and had to spend the night on the Maltby bypass and it was horrendous.
Ha ha ha.

I can remember every time we approached that area my dad would say "put the windows up kids".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course it was a risk recruiting him injured, but not a huge one as a rookie. And I still think Geelong has to be creative in their drafting, given the lack of early draft picks. Given Delaney's potential upside as a tall defender, I think he's worth the punt.
As he is a rookie, possibly correct.

If Menegola can bring something to the senior team late in the year our recruiting last year is looking like a vintage haul.

Dangerfield, Henderson, Zac Smith and Ruggles - big ticks.

Menegola and Parsons - highly promising.

Scott Selwood - yet to judge but in terms of filling a hole in the side, he is the ideal player we need right now.
I would add Gardner to that list

If Menegola can bring something to the senior team late in the year our recruiting last year is looking like a vintage haul.

Dangerfield, Henderson, Zac Smith and Ruggles - big ticks.

Menegola and Parsons - highly promising.

Scott Selwood - yet to judge but in terms of filling a hole in the side, he is the ideal player we need right now.
And some longer term key position players in Gardner and Buzza. Some very nice work by the Wells team.

Full Time: Bendigo Bank Cats 25.15.165 def. Werribee Tigers 8.7.55
#PJVFL

Goals: Hayball 4, Lang 4, Atkins 3, Menegola 2, Luxford 2, Horlin-Smith 2, Vardy 2, Parsons, McLachlan, Lucey, Clark, Buzza, Spiteri

Best: Menegola, Lang, McLachlan, Hayball, Parsons, Atkins
#PJVFL

Disposals: Menegola 48, Lang 34, Tsitas 27, Parsons 27, Selwood 26 #PJVFL

Tackles: Atkins 7, Tsitas 6, Buzza 6, Clark 5 #PJVFL

Marks: Tsitas 7, Lang 6, Menegola 5, McLachlan 4, Selwood 4 #PJVFL

Handball Receives: Menegola 22, Lang 18, Sexton 13, Selwood 12, Tsitas 12 #PJVFL

Clearances: Menegola 11, Lang 11, Horlin-Smith 9, Parsons 9 #PJVFL
Menangola 48 possessions!!!! :eek:

Menegola 48 possies and 2 goals, Lang 34/4. Surely they're in the side at the expense of Murdoch and Blicavs next week? Even at VFL level in a 110 point win they are very impressive stats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back