Review Rd 15. SUNS vs St Kilda @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree we need the run, especially to catch the Saint when we turn it over time and time again

Simple, just have someone floating around 15-25m forward of Malceski at all times.

Agree we need the run, especially to catch the Saint when we turn it over time and time again

To be fair Gaz did say throughout the week that we have identified turnovers as a problem, so maybe this is genuinely how we are going to overcome it. Why waste money on development and kicking coaches when we can just practice running after other players we gave the ball to, all summer and pick all the running players.:p

To be fair Gaz did say throughout the week that we have identified turnovers as a problem, so maybe this is genuinely how we are going to overcome it. Why waste money on development and kicking coaches when we can just practice running after other players we gave the ball to, all summer and pick all the running players.:p
Wasn't that Bluely coaching philosophy :/

First game in a while that I think we have almost a 50/50 shot in winning. At Metricon we are a 5 goal better team, with Gaz up and running that also makes a massive difference.

Random Thoughts:

No Arma for the Saints will be a plus.
Need to shut down Jack Steven
Our defence will be tested
We should be able to stretch their defence if it is a fine day with Lynch, Day and Wright up front.
Need a big game from the 2nd tier midfielders
Sorry but Armitage is named in the 18 and there's no mids named in the emergencies for a sneaky switch either.
This is definitely a 50/50 game and I wouldn't be at all surprised if you win this.
By the way did you see the photo on the AFL site with Gary Ablett manhandling Mav Weller? Mav has been awesome for us this year in the forwards and I hope this photo fires him up for the game.
Anyway good luck for Saturday :thumbsu:

Sorry but Armitage is named in the 18 and there's no mids named in the emergencies for a sneaky switch either.
This is definitely a 50/50 game and I wouldn't be at all surprised if you win this.
By the way did you see the photo on the AFL site with Gary Ablett manhandling Mav Weller? Mav has been awesome for us this year in the forwards and I hope this photo fires him up for the game.
Anyway good luck for Saturday :thumbsu:
Yeah wrote that right earlier in the week when you lads were fearing the worst with him, good to see him playing, massive fan of him, being a local lad.

Hopefully the Suns will be able to get the win, we have been fairly competitive last two games and should be going from strength to strength regaining form (2016 is over unfortunately) but I want to see more attention brought to other forwards than Lynch, can't be too dependent on targeting him, makes it all too predictable, being ranked 16th for inside 50's.
The Suns defensively have recorded 68% kicking efficiency in the defensive half, average around 247 effective disposals per game this season and retained possession from just 43% of kicks into the forward 50.
The one similarity I want to point out of these stats in the last paragraph is that the Suns are ranked LAST in all of them,which shows the need to keep calm under pressure, it seems the stats show kicking is a major problem when choosing a target or presenting oneself. Add on the stat that the Suns have lost the uncontested mark stat against the Saints in the past 7 games, by an average count of 29 per game.
What needs to be worked on is the link up play between defense and midfield and the ability to lock down play in the forward half of the field, apply pressure, maintain and retain the ball, but also be able to finish games stronger than the opponent, which was our bane in the last two games against the Tigers and the Hawks.
Rant over, Go Suns!

Hopefully the Suns will be able to get the win, we have been fairly competitive last two games and should be going from strength to strength regaining form (2016 is over unfortunately) but I want to see more attention brought to other forwards than Lynch, can't be too dependent on targeting him, makes it all too predictable, being ranked 16th for inside 50's.
The Suns defensively have recorded 68% kicking efficiency in the defensive half, average around 247 effective disposals per game this season and retained possession from just 43% of kicks into the forward 50.
The one similarity I want to point out of these stats in the last paragraph is that the Suns are ranked LAST in all of them,which shows the need to keep calm under pressure, it seems the stats show kicking is a major problem when choosing a target or presenting oneself. Add on the stat that the Suns have lost the uncontested mark stat against the Saints in the past 7 games, by an average count of 29 per game.
What needs to be worked on is the link up play between defense and midfield and the ability to lock down play in the forward half of the field, apply pressure, maintain and retain the ball, but also be able to finish games stronger than the opponent, which was our bane in the last two games against the Tigers and the Hawks.
Rant over, Go Suns!
Our uncontested ball movement looked shocking against hawthorn. We need KK to start hitting targets out of the back line, (have given up on Mal). Hopefully JJoyce starts finding some rebounding skills and moves the ball out of the backline well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good was that, physical fast ball movement, good bumps! Hope we play more footy like that over the year

IS Rosa injured?

Saw him grab his hammy after going back to spoil that St Kilda kick in.
Only had 41% game time in the first quarter?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back