Game Day Rd 15 v Carlton @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be my 4th time seeing us play Carlton in Melbourne (we've lost every time).

Mrw GIF
I went 20 odd games without seeing Freo win. My first? Carlton at Carrara in 2009.

I've never seen Freo win in Melbourne, even went to that disastrous 2008 game vs the Dees (which inspired probably my only really notable post on this forum). But I did see our finest hour in Geelong in the 2013 QF. When these streaks break, they break hard mate :thumbsu:

Hopefully we don’t have that slowness about us like most sides do coming off a bye. Huge game with a huge opportunity to go top 2. Cmon lads!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Any guess on the matchups?

Who goes to Cripps? Could Aish do a job there?

I think they swing Logue back to free up Ryan a bit (he isn’t that good on Silvangi)

It's just my gut feeling that we will be asleep in the first half to then claw back, Freo by 5 points.

With the Blue's shortage of defenders, there is no excuse for our tall forwards not being dominant today, especially Lobb, who should be in for a big day. Hopefully, Fyfe is ready for his statement game, never should have doubted me sort of game, and has a dominant outing as his big body will be needed around the ball today.
If history is any guide, Carlton will again come out trying intimidate us physically from before the first bounce. In this regard, we may certainly need Fyfey around the ball whilst the heat is on. If we can withstand this early onslaught then we should be able to put them to the sword. Because so many teams have tried it on us now, I don't think we are as easily intimidated as we may have been previously. Let's blow them out of Docklands!

Well I was fairly relaxed until watching that. Now I’m fired up!

Might go tell the wife that the laundry can wait just to bring in some niggle at home!
Happy to fire up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tony Armstrong and Brown commentating, yikes

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Freo by 10pts. I think we have the players who won't give up the fight even if we lose a few of the battles during the game and when the crowd is baying for free kicks.

My cat has just brought me a Freo wristband to play fetch with (yes my cat plays fetch!). It’s his second favourite after the rainbow one he likes to run around after. Given he played fetch with that one for an hour this morning, and this is a fully gay household, I’m taking the switch to the Freo as a positive omen for the game. 🌈💜

What incredible company he finds himself in.
I have done the maths....so he plays the rest of the season, including 3 finals, then plays all games next season, he should play his 400th in our first final next year :)
I think. Maths not my strong point.....But 8 games to go takes him to 374. Plus 3 finals = 377. Then 22 games next year, 399. First final the big 400 :)
Or, we rest him for a couple of games and he plays his 400th in our back to back premiership win in 2023!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back