Game Day Rd 15 v Carlton @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive game today.
Marvel - dry deck and historically the ground suits our style.
Hopefully no hangover from the bye.

Good in’s structure wise, Tabs and Lobb should monster their backs, Fyfe to get down and dirty against Cripps - finding some added touch and split his time forward, really hoping that Henry can make a really good fist of it today.
Fremantle kick over 120 points, keep Carlton to under 65.
Lobb with 3, Tabs gets 3, Fyfe with 5…
Henry with a goal of the year nomination as he streams down the wing from half back, 4 bounces, handball give and receive and banana from 35m on the boundary.

Freo by 55 points in a game that sets the back half of the season up.

GO FREO!!!

The named team can beat Carlton if they turn up and are switched on.

Switta, Acres and Walters are decent sized outs in our front half, hopefully we can cover them. Henry in makes me uneasy.

The teams that go deep into finals win these sorts of games.

3rd vs 5th. We’re off the bye, they’re dropping like flies. Weather not an issue. Equal parts confident and triggered.

Let’s get this.

This is our most important game of the season so far. There will be other big games in the rest of the year but this is a real chance to cement ourselves into a top four position.

I think it's a real 50/50 game. Our best chance is to restrict Carltons scoring and going on our season so far we are a good chance to do that. Fingers crossed we can be in front at the final siren.

Win this and we go a game clear in second. If we win AND Richmond win all of a sudden we will be two wins and percentage ahead of 5th and in a really good position to launch a premiership tilt.

I'm backing the boys to win on the back of another dominant third quarter. Tabs to kick 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will be my 4th time seeing us play Carlton in Melbourne (we've lost every time).

Mrw GIF

well, this feels primed for the boys laying an egg (6 goal loss), narrow loss where we let ourselves down (2-3 goal loss), or a semi comfortable win (3 goals). Fingers crossed the boys deliver today, bad flashbacks already

Oi you are the missing link! Get your ass back home before the game begins.

Not to freak you all out but the funniest thing is I flew to Perth to see us play Collingwood and we all know what happened there...

The last win I can remember seeing was when Nyhuis kicked 4 against North. Good times

Last edited:
Have dusted off the woollen long sleeves green guernsey for this. Plus side is it looks cool (to me at least) and is very warm. Downside is it greatly exaggerates the portly nature of my guts... Worth it, go Freo (not confident but still boisterous)
Even bigger upside is you just made someone laugh and inadvertently spread good-natured positivity, thus making the world a better place albeit fleetingly, or on a small scale. Bravo! ** pulls in portly guts**

Now, let's do this boyssssssssss!! :D

If we keep Curnow & McKay to less than 4 goals between them we should win comfortably. Bloody tough ask though...

It's just my gut feeling that we will be asleep in the first half to then claw back, Freo by 5 points.

With the Blue's shortage of defenders, there is no excuse for our tall forwards not being dominant today, especially Lobb, who should be in for a big day. Hopefully, Fyfe is ready for his statement game, never should have doubted me sort of game, and has a dominant outing as his big body will be needed around the ball today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back