Game Day Rd 15 vs North Melbourne at Metricon - Sat, 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

At one point I think I remember the scoreboard said 13-6 to 6-13.
We were very lucky North Melbourne were wasteful of their own opportunities.

When the siren sounded and the song played the members around me were a lot more subdued than usual.

Enjoyed my victory beers last night but it wasn't much of a win.

can i just say how bloody good was it to see david swallow fully fit and firing!! that period around the middle of the game where he had about 3 shots on goal in about 1 minute was like he had the ball on a string!

also, jarryd lyons could be one of our most imporant recruits. took him a while to get going, but his last month has been superb.

can i just say how bloody good was it to see david swallow fully fit and firing!! that period around the middle of the game where he had about 3 shots on goal in about 1 minute was like he had the ball on a string!

also, jarryd lyons could be one of our most imporant recruits. took him a while to get going, but his last month has been superb.

Lyons ranked top 10 in the AFL for contested possessions and clearances

A few of the cast and crew from the new Aquaman movie that's being filmed on the goast coast.
Only know two of them haha Dolph Lundgren (Ivan Drago Rocky 4) and Amber heard (the dog smuggler) image.jpeg

It was bloody great to see.
Never thought I'd see swallow get those burst away from the centre bounce clearance with speed again like he did a few time in the last quarter. Brought a tear to my eye haha looks like he's got some of his speed back

A few of the cast and crew from the new Aquaman movie that's being filmed on the goast coast.
Only know two of them haha Dolph Lundgren (Ivan Drago Rocky 4) and Amber heard (the dog smuggler) View attachment 388270
Jason Momoa is also at the front of that picture.

It's Ludi Lin's second Suns game. He was at the West Coast game a month ago with Willem Dafoe and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II. Metricon Stadium is starting to become a hotspot for Hollywood celebs:

jC2ROsD.jpg

I actually had a good chat to David's dad in the changerooms after the game. Really nice guy and echoed the sentiments of all Suns fans about how good it is to see Davey up and about again.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'll take a premiership coaches opinion over an armchair quarterbacks and a handful of drunk footy fans any day :)
Well I don't drink so that must make me an armchair quarterback
I'd rate my knowledge of the Suns football team light years above Roos'
I'd challenge him to name 20 Suns players excluding May Ablett and Lynch
Are you quoting the same Roos who believes we made a mistake in letting Weller and Zac Smith go??
Give me a break:thumbsdown:

Only know two of them haha Dolph Lundgren (Ivan Drago Rocky 4) and Amber heard (the dog smuggler) View attachment 388270
Patrick Wilson was at a game a few weeks ago too. Good to see them all out and about enjoy the Indigenous game!

Are you quoting the same Roos who believes we made a mistake in letting Weller and Zac Smith go??
He admitted on Triple M he doesn't watch much of us at all

Weller? Absolutely, We let Mav go during the period of having to cull like 10 players a year to get our list down to standard size and hindsight being 20/20 we made the wrong call, He's been great for the Saints.

Smith? Good first year but dropped off dramatically (Injuries from memory didn't help) plus we've got Witts now and as previously mentioned - Witts is love, Witts is life.

Is it wrong of me to think Jason Momoa was Roman Reigns?

Jason Momoa is also at the front of that picture.

It's Ludi Lin's second Suns game. He was at the West Coast game a month ago with Willem Dafoe and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II. Metricon Stadium is starting to become a hotspot for Hollywood celebs:

jC2ROsD.jpg
Not that I ever want to compare ourselves with the Lakers but Matchu, Could we get going a similar thing to them with having stars at courtside? I mean it would piss off the Victorians but they don't give a toss about our little "plastic franchise" so this would be a nice one finger salute to the VFL Old Boys club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets be honest though, Mav is 10 times better than Mitch..
Why would you compare those two comply different players. Saints supporters have woken up to Weller grossly overrated. Is becoming new whipping boy.
A more accurate comparison would be with McPherson long term. Or Lemmens and yes l would definitely take him over Lemmens.
Has no tank is lucky to last 2 minutes on the ball and is a selfish big head.

Why would you compare those two comply different players. Saints supporters have woken up to Weller grossly overrated. Is becoming new whipping boy.
A more accurate comparison would be with McPherson long term. Or Lemmens and yes l would definitely take him over Lemmens.
Has no tank is lucky to last 2 minutes on the ball and is a selfish big head.
They are both inside mid / extractors..
Weller has been playing as a half forward which isnt his position, similar to what happened when he played up here.
Play him as purely an inside mid and the comparison is there.

Lets be honest though, Mav is 10 times better than Mitch..

Odd comparsion , we have'nt seen the best of Mitch due to being mostly injured , Mav had a really good run with us but is so limited in what he could do and no one was kicking and screaming when he left . Good on him for finding a postition at St.Kilda but if he was still here he would be grouped with Hall and Lemmens as whipping boys.

They are both inside mid / extractors..
Weller has been playing as a half forward which isnt his position, similar to what happened when he played up here.
Play him as purely an inside mid and the comparison is there.
Weller has played half forward his entire AFL career.

Weller has played half forward his entire AFL career.
Might wanna check again.
Probably played majority tagging roles.
Played a fair few games at HB as well and few games at HF
He generally did that as he was a bigger body compared to most of the kids we played.

Lemmens reminds me of Patrenko, former Adelaide player. Quick, strong, can lay a tackle, but not AFL level competence when he has the ball.

That chance he had at goal from about 10m out at an angle in the (?last) quarter that he still managed to * up was unacceptable. What good is someone who tries hard when it hurts us on the scoreboard?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back