Game Day Rd 15: West Coast Eagles Vs. Hawthorn Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Never seen a FF infringed more that in this game, ever. At one point he was in a 3 on 1 and got arm chopped, held and pulled down by each of the three Hawks defenders and no call. Getting to a point where the club has to have a chat with the umpiring department, he's been scragged like absolute crazy this year and has had **** all for it

He was very smart though, just ran interference for the others. Obviously knew he wasn't going to get anything from the Umps, especially after that first quarter. Frawley put his foot and knee into his back about 15 times as well, learn't that from the Stratton School of being a complete campaigner

On three occasions today I saw a tall lead and the pass kicked IMO deliberarely high over his head for a 2nd leading player taking the mark. Looked like a set play using the main lead as a decoy.

Very clever stuff.

Last edited:
Could be a ripper this - on paper we should win and yet got no idea what to expect in the wet vs Clarko.

Going back through this thread this post stood out.

You just cant turn up and win by 100+ willy nilly. Especially away and Vs a Clarko/Sam Mitchell coached side in horrible conditions.

A hard Earned win needs a good cold beer

Also... we win the close ones... if we are 2 goals down in the last we'll either come back and win by 1-2 or capitulate and lose by our old mate 40+

Go Eagles

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok final edit

Ok so 1992 Saturday arvo lunch time slot out at Waverley in Wet, miserable conditions Hawthorn lead West Coast at Qtr time. Eagles fight back and kick 11 goals for the game with Sumich kicking 5. Eagles win the flag.

In 2006 at the MCG Eagles trail at quarter time and at 3 quarter time by 5 points. They fight back and win a close game by 10 points with Lynch kicking 5 goals. They went onto win the flag ( the game was also in the wet!!!! )

Today the Eagles trail Hawthorn at the MCG During the Saturday arvo lunch time slot like the above games. They trail at 3qtr time by 5 points like in 2006, and end up beating the Hawks for the first time there since the above game. They finished with 11 goals ( like in 1992 ) and once again their KPP Player in Darling kicks 5 goals.

Beat Hawthorn in Melbourne for the first time last year although it was at Marvel. Went on to win the flag ( half time goal tally of 6 like today )

Also in 1992, 2006 and 2019 the games they played against the Hawks they played in a grand final the year before! 2018 they won it

Premiers this year?
You are my new favourite 😂

What a wet slog in the Melbourne bog!
For all Hawks domination at times, Eagles kicked a goal as it was needed throughout the game!
Wished I could see Clarko's face at the end-smashing a phone etc?
That one's for you Sam!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the game now.

Jack Darling would be the best player in the game if he could 'switch on' as it were every week.

The guy is a freak, one on one just so strong, quick as hell for his size and has some wonderful footy smarts.

Basically Carey MkII unfortunately doesn't seem to be hold the consistency that the King did.

Serious question. Did anyone else notice how many times Ryan was flat on the ground off the ball around packs without any umpire decision. Does this mean is feigning for free kicks or being monstered off the ball as fair game?

Well home now settled in to watch the replay, can’t wait. I gotta say that was like a final, such an intense atmosphere and those last few minutes were insane haha...32,000 sounded like 62,000.

Love this club so much.

What I don't get is if everybody played so badly as described over the last few hundred posts, is how we won.
My view was it was a great win in trying circumstances.
I believe that you can test the mettle of a team by how they respond when the chips are down.
Well done WC, chalk up another win.
This.
A win away at the G, against the Hawks, in the rain.
Gaff nearly broke his legs when Hardwick slid in at about 5mins to go to collect the footy, feet first. It was 'brave', apparently.
Yeah this was very ordinary. Did booooo

Serious question. Did anyone else notice how many times Ryan was flat on the ground off the ball around packs without any umpire decision. Does this mean is feigning for free kicks or being monstered off the ball as fair game?

Some of the times I saw it he faked it. Theres no need to start doing that crap.

Ala Darling a few years back. Just embarassing.

And just to close off the free to air disgrace we've now had the "pleasure" of watching port v the bulldogs live with full player interviews and song along with a full half hour post match show.

Compared to the eagles delayed telecast that was cut as fast as some dickhead from 7 could press the dump button after the siren. Channel 7 are pricks

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back