Game Day Rd 16, 2014 - Richmond vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bloody know! Out of all the teams to have the wood over us it has to be them.

If they let it slip out to a big loss I'll be really annoyed. What a frustrating game.
Yeah I know...I mean sydney...They have been decent for a while...oh and Cola ;)

But the Tigers....****ing richmond

Not a good game for the "let's draft a midfielder instead of a forward" squad.

Especially seeing the difference even someone of Vickery's standard can make.

7.12 plus a plethora of failed inside 50s that we failed to turn into scores.

The indisputable difference in the end.

A shame we were so wasteful on a day when we looked very functional in most other aspects of the game.

Keep this list together and find us a tall marking target inside 50 and I am confident we are going places.

Even though the game is over and done with, I still want to throw something through the TV.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh, the kids showed what they can do and that's what Leppa wants to see.

Richmond are really ordinary and I don't think Hardwick will be in the job for much longer.

Also think Ash needs to retire, game has gone past him.

Yeah not a whole lot wrong today - two simple things, I think.

Tackles didn't stick - lots of arms on bodies rather than laying into the tackle, or holding on.

Indecision going inside 50. We really dominated some periods but couldn't hit a target or could only hit targets out wide.

Hard to blame the forwards for that, I really thought Close was quite good all game. Lots of kicks sailed over him or fell well short.

Great to see the improvement from our earlier effort against Richmond :thumbsu:

Us with no experience up forward & them then flooding back, we had very little chance unless it was all kicked from outside 50.
I think Rog has taken his move forward too strongly to heart & is over thinking what he needs to do.

Just shows us where we are at. Richmond are a fairly ordinary side and even though Cotchin and Martin got a fair bit of the ball I don't think they were that much better to Pearce and Rocky. Dissapointing day. Thought Clarke was very good on Jack and that Gardiner was BOG for us.

Yeah not a whole lot wrong today - two simple things, I think.

Tackles didn't stick - lots of arms on bodies rather than laying into the tackle, or holding on.

Indecision going inside 50. We really dominated some periods but couldn't hit a target or could only hit targets out wide.

Hard to blame the forwards for that, I really thought Close was quite good all game. Lots of kicks sailed over him or fell well short.

Great to see the improvement from our earlier effort against Richmond :thumbsu:
Yep top post James. As frustrating as today's game was, this game shows that this young side is going places. In a couple of years time we will win games like today by 40 points.

We need midfielders. They absolutely smashed us on the spread and were delivering the ball into their forward 50 with little to no pressure. this is why Vickory looked like a gun.

We really missed Redden today. I do think with him and Rich back + another year into the younger group it's a very high potential midfield in general, we do need that one more 'icing on the cake' kind of mid though.

Close tried hard and Merrett was well beaten by Rance, which happens, but our lack of forward targets really did hurt us today. I think it was part of the reason for the hesitation and sometimes poor decision making going inside 50. Not taking our chances when we did get them is just a killer for a young team too, after McGrath's misses we weren't going to come back.

Frustrating but plenty of silver linings, Gardiner had his best game for us I reckon.

Like the looks of that blonde surfy kid from Perth with the booming left foot and the tall tackling machine from country SA... Could be good midfield ins next year and won't cost us any picks.

Don't think we've got our genuine no 1 tall forward target on the list yet.

Not sure we need high draft picks to improve our spread. Just need to get some pre-seasons into our midfield group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back