Autopsy Rd 16 2017: Swans vs. Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

If cunningham is fit next week we need the speed.
I would put florent out for cunningham. he was a bit wasteful today I can see him becoming a good player but he is not quite there yet.

JPK for robinson.

Naismith will get smashed next week so just create a strategy around it haha.

No way of thinking about finals, still have to win 5 more games out of 8 just to make it and we will be against GWS, a saints outfit smashing richmond right now looking to finish the season in the 8, hawthorn also fighting for 8 spot since they cannot even drop one game and then geelong at home.

Anyone watching the Richmond Saints Game? GWS drew again, Geelong playing the Lions, Dogs lost, Adelaide won, we should be way up the ladder and we should be recognised as the team to beat for the flag. Unfortunately we don't have the ladder advantage this year but maybe thats what it will take to get over the line I had 14 VB's

Bit of a training run and percentage booster in the end. Some takeaways...

Good:
- Gohan is in career best form and was unstoppable as a deep forward. He was too explosive on the lead, strong overhead and powerful in a marking contest for any opponent the Suns put on him. 5 goals, setting up a couple others to go with his usual pressure is the complete game for a forward
- Lewis Melican was an absolute rock in defense, you'd never know that he's a 10 gamer watching him play, the way reads the ball and shows so much poise. Even snuck forward and kicked his first goal which was a great moment.
- Great to see Deano get some reward for effort. His intensity and workrate was fantastic and pulls off some brilliant plays once his confidence is up.
- Our structure held up well after quarter time really suffocated the Suns' offense, forced them to the boundary consistently and they weren't able to get any fast transition. The defense easily picked off long bombs to our numbers.
- Managed to win easily while some usual stars were down; no Kennedy, Hanners quiet, Newman/Reid off their usual output - suggests improvement in depth
- Hewett continues to steadily build on his game and Kieren Jack is working his way back into form

Bad:
- The first quarter I thought we were a bit lethargic and dumb with our decision making and Gold Coast's effort around the ball was good, hence they beat us in contested possessions and clearances early. Some poor turnovers gifted them goals.
- Hannebery couldn't get his game going, possibly still limited by some injury or fitness issue
- Our set shot goal kicking still isn't great - recall Reid missing a sitter as did Jack, cannot afford to miss opportunities from 15-25m out.
- Naismith was disappointing, lowered his colours to Witts today both in the ruck and around the ground

Good to continue the winning run, but don't think the game really told us too much we didn't already know. GWS pose a real test next week, we'll need a four quarter effort and an even team performance. Our bottom 6 will be challenged and it should tell us a fair bit on how far we could go this year. Their recent form has been very shaky and haven't managed a consistent 4 quarter performance, it'll be our best chance to break the recent bogey.

Hanners lazy, parker is no Jpk
Robinson not up to afl standard yet
Florent too young
Jones a bit off

But really even team effort, towers and rohan well done

Naismith fought it out
Lloyd usual self
Mills good

Suns are poor but good win
Yeah our highest tackling player was lazy. .... Nearly as lazy as your analysis.

On CPH1607 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the reserves & seniors:

- Florent is no where near AFL level, despite the fact he can do some good things. Does not have the strength or stamina to compete long enough, or put it repeat efforts
- Aliir is still on the comeback from injury, he's at least 3-4 weeks from AFL selection
- Sinclair is ready to slow straight back in
- Towers won't get dropped
- Expect Robinson & Florent out next week, suicide if the Swans go in with Naismith & Reid as the ruck.
- Edwards is pretty close and should get a go soon
- Good depth in Laidler & Marsh if they're called upon

Yeah our highest tackling player was lazy. .... Nearly as lazy as your analysis.

Well as is pointed out about he who shall not be named, its easy to rack up tackles in the middle

He was bloody awful today. 15 touches, a few clangers, handballs to flat footed guys

From the reserves & seniors:

- Florent is no where near AFL level, despite the fact he can do some good things. Does not have the strength or stamina to compete long enough, or put it repeat efforts
- Aliir is still on the comeback from injury, he's at least 3-4 weeks from AFL selection
- Sinclair is ready to slow straight back in
- Towers won't get dropped
- Expect Robinson & Florent out next week, suicide if the Swans go in with Naismith & Reid as the ruck.
- Edwards is pretty close and should get a go soon
- Good depth in Laidler & Marsh if they're called upon

Edwards wont play imo
Neither will sinclair, we are better with one ruck

Marsh is unlucky to be chopped and changed, but no real spot for him currently, but next in if theres a lack of form

Edwards wont play imo
Neither will sinclair, we are better with one ruck

Marsh is unlucky to be chopped and changed, but no real spot for him currently, but next in if theres a lack of form
He's a class well above NEAFL and his midfield work was fantastic today. It'll be interesting to see what the club do with him, but since they've promoted him, there's no reason why he shouldn't get a crack soon enough.

Well as is pointed out about he who shall not be named, its easy to rack up tackles in the middle

He was bloody awful today. 15 touches, a few clangers, handballs to flat footed guys
I think he was poor as well, but lazy is off the mark. Still im delighted that with no jpk and hanners form pretty poor we are hitting form

He's a class well above NEAFL and his midfield work was fantastic today. It'll be interesting to see what the club do with him, but since they've promoted him, there's no reason why he shouldn't get a crack soon enough.

They demoted him back, read it on a blog i think :p

I think he was poor as well, but lazy is off the mark. Still im delighted that with no jpk and hanners form pretty poor we are hitting form

Ok yeah thats a fair point, I apologise

I find the quick dicky handballs to make it someone else a bit careless, looked in cruise control by his lofty standards

Great game.

Will need to rest Naismith sooner or later if running solo or the injury history may catch up. Everyone's fav ruck in the two's has probably put his best foot forward.

Robinson or florent should make way for rose at this stage
Rose is not AFL standard

Confident Gary Rohan is great Gary Rohan.

Towers had a pretty good game but I'm not falling for his trickery like the coaching staff do. Needs to play like this next week.

Robinson started okay but yeah just not there yet.

Forgot Florent was even playing during the game. Has potential but needs a year.

Otherwise good win.

#keepthedreamalive

Remove this Banner Ad

Back