Autopsy Rd 16 Blues keep their season alive with 16 point win over Dockers

Who played well in Round 16 vs the Dockers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This x100.

We looks unstoppable chaining handballs in the first and last. The problem is 1-dimensional play out of the d-goal square. It’s like we do it to force a contest up wing/HBF to go to the boundary. Oppo twigged on it quick, with loose players out the back, got the ball, went lateral to the centre and then their overlap structure was set while our blokes are trying to make up ground. Happens too often. At least if the centre is an option, you keep oppo guessing at what we’re going to do. Only then does the boundary ball work because oppo has to protect all sorts of space, allowing us to leverage our one-on-one match ups and at least going to a 50/50 on the ground if it does. IMO.
At least two times we had a bloke on his own about 55m - 60m from goal straight out with Freo players covering boundry side.

Both times went to the boundry where we were outnumbered, either there or at the second kick which went to a 3 on 1 (2nd time).

Both times resulted in a goal to Freo.

9:30 to go in the first zero physicality

Newman had the ball in our defensive 50. SPS nowhere to be seen.

7 to go in the third…amazing physicality

Ball was heading deep inside the Dockers' forward 50 to a one on one contest between Jones and Treacy. Again, SPS nowhere to be seen.

And the start of the 4th…should have taken the mark or crunched the bloke coming back with the flight…instead goes arms only.

OK, this one I actually found. SPS had been moving with his back to the ball and likely only saw the ball late. Fyfe beat him in the 1 on 1 and he was in the better position.

Huge stretch to suggest SPS 'squibbed' the contest.

he played 2/3rds of the game wing and midfield and was in at plenty of bounces.

He attended 4 centre bounces out of 24.

sure!

9:30 to go in the first zero physicality

7 to go in the third…amazing physicality

And the start of the 4th…should have taken the mark or crunched the bloke coming back with the flight…instead goes arms only.

he played 2/3rds of the game wing and midfield and was in at plenty of bounces.

he’s a ripper human and a great happy human, which is great. I’m not having a go at him, I’m having a go at our coaches and mc for poor development and low standards by giving him games, when he’s got so much to work on.

but he plays bruise free footy, and has for 4+ years….it’s an indictment on our development that we haven’t trained that out of him, or made him earn games in the twos to get his physicality to the needed level.

If he’s going to be only soft and outside, then he should have been in the twos building a tank like isaac smith or gaff or Brad hill type players….he’d be bottom 1/4 in fitness at the club

Newman had the ball in our defensive 50. SPS nowhere to be seen.

Ball was heading deep inside the Dockers' forward 50 to a one on one contest between Jones and Treacy. Again, SPS nowhere to be seen.

OK, this one I actually found. SPS had been moving with his back to the ball and likely only saw the ball late. Fyfe beat him in the 1 on 1 and he was in the better position.

Huge stretch to suggest SPS 'squibbed' the contest.

He attended 4 centre bounces out of 24.
First one was actually 9.12 left in first quarter. Ball flicks his hand after a kick misses Levi. Advantages Fyfe but Levi blocks him and willo wins ball to launch attack.

To say that it was someone "squibbing" is just ridiculous. Ludicrous posting.

What’s the vibe with Stocker in the team? After the siren I can see him waiting for Cripps embrace and when it does come I feel like Cripps kinda avoids eye contact and doesn’t really acknowledge him in the way he does other teammates. Maybe I’m just paranoid

May I just join the band of “Liam Stocker I love you”s????

He’s just def an afl player. Def. he doesn’t fumble. Doesn’t have ‘SPS vacuum hands’ but is clean and doesn’t fumble balls he shouldn’t. His kicking is elite. I don’t care what he’s doing so far- he’s just been a little rushed as most played are early in their careers. He’s good overhead. Very good. His agility has improved a lot. He actually plays on his man.

He CAN play the Luke Hodge role. Mainly back….go in the Center when we need him. Just a gun.

This aged well cookie monster

But, then you follow it up with this

Yet not a single post in this thread. Nothing you liked about the win?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle kept us in the game with their poor goal kicking. Lucky to take the win but it keeps our season alive.
Hey Numbnuts.

You wouldn’t change your club from Freo to Carlton for nefarious purposes … would you?

No Chief changed it for me
That doesn’t explain why. Let me introduce you to the Mods in here … on second thoughts, they will find you soon enough.

Friendly warning not to bring the SFA type posting in here, we will miss your stupidity over there when you are in Banhammer Prison with no prospect of parole.

Stay on topic mate.

I think we can beat Geelong, we have a lot of fight and the top 8 is very weak at the moment, would love to see us steal a place.
Freo are no chance, might as well concede the season

Your transparency is very transparent. Been on this board for a decade longer than you have been on BF, reckon I have more understanding of how to behave in here than a Freo supporter.

Please don’t ruin this board for some cheap laughs or brownie points in the other forum, it is childish and an annoyance that no one else deserves.

Run along and tell everyone how clever and funny you are and if you stay out, I promise not to shatter that illusion for you.
Apt post is apt :thumbsu:

What’s the vibe with Stocker in the team? After the siren I can see him waiting for Cripps embrace and when it does come I feel like Cripps kinda avoids eye contact and doesn’t really acknowledge him in the way he does other teammates. Maybe I’m just paranoid

I haven’t seen that footage but when Cripps was interviewed a minute after the siren he did praise Stocker and he only mentioned maybe 3 players

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back