Autopsy Rd 16 Blues lose a harsh one by 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair suck of the sav Burger, he's not an AFL experienced defender. I'd like to know where our other defenders were and why there wasn't someone there supporting Sheehan to receive the handball and provide an outlet.

ASOS will sort things out down there - will certainly benefit Sheehan. Remember how good Sheehan's cameo was a long time ago now - not ready to give up on him just yet!

And there were so many other forgettable moments from a number of players.
Murphy's turn over in the last. Weitering getting outpointed over & over again by McDonald. A couple of turnovers from Lamb. White's 50m penalty. Both Thomas & Docherty failing to take the initiative & manufacture a goal in that final forward thrust late in the game.

We are already up to a dozen players who all had 'moments' during the game. I'm sure if I watched the game again, I could just about name the whole 22 (Jones excepted of course) who screwed up at what might be considered pivotal moments of the game.

I know it is a lot easier to single out the usual suspects when we lose a game, but many of our losses this season have been on the back of numerous players having skill errors, brain farts & general stuff ups.
That's what happens when you are a side full of youth and embarking on a list rebuild
Skill errors, brain fades, overwhelmed at times, reliance on the senior players, skill errors,fitness base down, learning game plans and gaining experience and more.
It will happen less and less with more experience until we become a serious contender.
As much as I hate losing we have been really competitive bar the Port Game and you can see how far the CFC has come so far, beyond most people expectations.
The talent is coming through, showing lots as kids are getting games and slowly learning how to play under BB, and contributing.
The senior guys playing consistently good leading the way,
The entire cultural change and now even starting to become a destination club.
All sign are positive and if we have to lose through mistakes, hopefully they are learning from them.
I'm liking what I'm seeing to date, and I'm enjoying watching the growth of the side under BB and in due time the emergence of a seriously good list that will be vying for number 17.
Sit back and enjoy the ride. GO BLUES

So i just watched the game for the first time as i've been overseas...and firstly i gotta say Kerridge was an absolute beast...one of his best games for us.

Yeah there were those 2 errors people keep mentioning at the end of the 2nd quarter, but they weren't as bad as i imagined when i saw comments on here at the time like '**** Kerridge', 'Kerridge should never play for Carlton ever again' etc etc...

The first fumble was poor but he was actually very clean with his pick ups and by hand the entire game bar that incident...some really crisp handballs throughout the game and a nice one handed pick up in the 3rd.

The second error with the missed handball again was poor but plenty of players made turnovers on both teams...that one just got highlighted more because it cost a goal and came straight after his previous mistake, but if it didn't lead to a goal people wouldn't even give it a second thought and it shouldn't have been a goal since we had a 3 v 1 in defence.

All in all he had a very good game and was important with his running power, being able to be used in link up play and also he put on great defensive pressure. As others have said, he's similar to Curnow & Carrazzo and if he can tidy up his skills and fumbling like they were able to, he'll have a good career with us.

So i just watched the game for the first time as i've been overseas...and firstly i gotta say Kerridge was an absolute beast...one of his best games for us.

Yeah there were those 2 errors people keep mentioning at the end of the 2nd quarter, but they weren't as bad as i imagined when i saw comments on here at the time like '**** Kerridge', 'Kerridge should never play for Carlton ever again' etc etc...

The first fumble was poor but he was actually very clean with his pick ups and by hand the entire game bar that incident...some really crisp handballs throughout the game and a nice one handed pick up in the 3rd.

The second error with the missed handball again was poor but plenty of players made turnovers on both teams...that one just got highlighted more because it cost a goal and came straight after his previous mistake, but if it didn't lead to a goal people wouldn't even give it a second thought and it shouldn't have been a goal since we had a 3 v 1 in defence.

All in all he had a very good game and was important with his running power, being able to be used in link up play and also he put on great defensive pressure. As others have said, he's similar to Curnow & Carrazzo and if he can tidy up his skills and fumbling like they were able to, he'll have a good career with us.

I think given the tightness of the game and the emotion attached to the carlton spectator at the time of the two fumbles , that these two events have been magnified by us all. Often when you go back and watch a game after knowing the result, you can watch it a lot more dispassionately . It is then that you can view the match more objectively, which is why IMO you didnt see the enormity of the turnovers. I agree though that his game was surprisingly good and should be judged in a balanced way. Thankfully that is exactly what will have happened during the week with the debriefing sessions where I am confident, Sam's game will get due recognition from BB and Co

I think given the tightness of the game and the emotion attached to the carlton spectator at the time of the two fumbles , that these two events have been magnified by us all. Often when you go back and watch a game after knowing the result, you can watch it a lot more dispassionately . It is then that you can view the match more objectively, which is why IMO you didnt see the enormity of the turnovers. I agree though that his game was surprisingly good and should be judged in a balanced way. Thankfully that is exactly what will have happened during the week with the debriefing sessions where I am confident, Sam's game will get due recognition from BB and Co

Yep my thoughts exactly...i was able to watch the game without emotion and in a more analytical way.

Things is, so many players made similar mistakes like turnovers from Murphy, Gibbs, Lamb & Simmo for example...but in most of those cases luckily for them it didn't cost us a goal so it doesn't really get remembered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back