Autopsy Rd 16 Blues pull off comeback victory from 7 goals down

Who played well in Round 16 vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Your post is a projection of your own state as a supporter. Arrow is caught up in the moment of defeating the 15th side by 5 points instead of focussing on rectifying the weak mental state that inhibits carlton becoming a premiership side

No Michael I live in reality where the last 20 years mean nothing

Nor a single win or loss. Nor claiming the side is closer to a spoon or a top 4 side

Start of the year, I only suggested we were a mid table side, that's how it has played out, despite the poor losses or great wins

Your post is a projection of your own state as a supporter. Arrow is caught up in the moment of defeating the 15th side by 5 points instead of focussing on rectifying the weak mental state that inhibits carlton becoming a premiership side
Buddy, even if that were the best thing to focus on, Arr0w (and presumably you) aren't in a position to fix that by posting on big footy. Just enjoy the win, it's more fun.

Walsh is just amazing.
Serious question - as it stands right now would you prefer to have Walsh or Smith?
Walsh is the no.1 pick for me ... now let me quantify that. On pure talent alone he probably isn’t. He is our Joel Selwood (yes I know over used) but he reminds me so much of the guy without the bs ducking!
He is a young man with an extremely rare quality ... WILL. He wills himself to be the best, if he sees a challenge, he wills himself even further. And he drags everyone in the team with him .... on game day, at training ... he is just a bloody professional and is exactly what this team needed. He is our no.1 for the draft 1000 times over.

Just th3 perfect pick for us at the perfect time.

Match made in heaven.

Love the kid.

Future captain .... thank god we finally have a few of them! After years with nothing!

Very similar things that used to be said about Daisy when he came across, ill back McGovern in to get the same result that Daisy did, he also had a couple of nice handballs in the last to put us into space.
I never criticised Daisy .... when he crossed the line he gave 100% ... wasn’t his fault we were willing to pay a truckload for him when his ankle was shot for close to two years .... he then comes back and gets cleaned up and does his shoulder for a year. Just bad luck and a bit of MM screwing us for his adopted sun.
once he got over his injury problems he played very well, personally I would not of minded seeing him on the list still this year.
Compar3 that to McFingerlicking and it’s chalk and cheese. Since he has come over on huge coin he has had maybe a 3-4 week period of decent footy and the rest complete apathy.

Does anyone know if they have put The Lizard back together again yet?

Poor bloke got broken in half last night. Belted by Cripps. Belted by Setters.....and then Levi fell on him and pounded him into the turf.

After the 4th hit or so The Lizard was in so much pain all he could do was laugh a wry laugh.
Weirdest body in the AFL .... but for whatever reason I like him.

This is the first time we've had the pleasure of watching his set shot action (his first was that quick pick up and snap off the pack).
Must say, it's a simple, no fuss action. Love it! Had a look of confidence and a steely resolve with is run-up too.
Cotrell is a meat and potatoes footballer with great endurance, absolute mongrel and extreme passion. Every team needs one .... he is some of the glue that binds a team. He is not the discipline but takes that aspect from others such as welters and Walsh ..... he will be an important, unheralded, worthy cog in this team going forward.

Cotrell is a meat and potatoes footballer with great endurance, absolute mongrel and extreme passion. Every team needs one .... he is some of the glue that binds a team. He is not the discipline but takes that aspect from others such as welters and Walsh ..... he will be an important, unheralded, worthy cog in this team going forward.

Ed Curnow‘s apprentice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two things I know about Cottrell

1) what happened last night will really help him believe that he can make it
2) if he doesn't make it wont be through any lack of effort.

You may have to elaborate on what you see for your point to have any real relevance.
I've learned to be a lot more restrained in recent years for many a reason, but you can see that this group is getting closer together.

The issues that are currently presenting aren't particularly difficult to turn around.
We're closer to knowing who we are and what will make us better than for many years..even years we were playing finals.

Not to say we're going to be premiers next year but on my viewing some good building blocks have been laid and it's up to us, as for what we do from here on in.
Maybe..just maybe...we may have got something right
That is a fair point just not getting too high beating the 15th side. When we win a crunch game that propels us into the finals-I will be the first to say we are on the move. Maybe that will be the Brisbane game

The most pleasing thing about last night, was that the win was off the back of huge performances from Walsh, Weitering, SPS, Plowman, Willo & TDK.. In the past if we had a gutsy win it was Murphy or Ed having a big last quarter or Cripps willing us across the line. Our reliance on the older players is no longer there and will make the transition away from them much easier to manage... In all honesty Murphy could find himself out of the best 22 next year, especially if we bring in a Zac Williams or Josh Kelly type player.

Newnes in the 3rd as well

Spent my 35 dollars at Metricon for a first tier front row on the 50 arc...as a local.....did not disappoint

The Blues looked slow early....Swans Young team were always going to run out of steam after first quarter run of straight shooting,however the recovery by Blues was defended vigorously by Swans until final siren.

Samo was back to his best after a slow start....he positions well,he was efficient as well building his confidence as game went on

Weitering looks confident controlling large areas in defence...he has it all...looks Elite...he's elite

Sam Walsh was just everywhere ,elite runner,mark,play read,will contest high balls running back blind .....he is only very slight in build still- was getting contacted.......he works unbelievably hard.......astonishing ......truly

Cripps stepped it up as game went on......good

Casboult made a lot of heavy contact increasingly through game...big bumps,big fly's,heavy tackles....De Konig as well was noteably physical with the Swans ....both ..good

Plowman...was solid,gets best forwards,(papley)covers ground well

Setterfield .....good.....runs back a lot in defence....was working hard as inside mid..not dominant however was engaged...he will improve to where he wants to be....he seems happy with the Blues

I agree with this about Levi. His better games are when he is the second ruck.

Getting hands on the footy. Carey was the same. Not rating the Boult at that level but Carey if he was quiet forward Pagan would throw him to centre half back get him touching the footy and then throw him back forward

Very similar things that used to be said about Daisy when he came across, ill back McGovern in to get the same result that Daisy did, he also had a couple of nice handballs in the last to put us into space.
Daisy came with a premiership, gut-running, goal kicking winger. No comparison.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Spent my 35 dollars at Metricon for a first tier front row on the 50 arc...as a local.....did not disappoint

The Blues looked slow early....Swans Young team were always going to run out of steam after first quarter run of straight shooting,however the recovery by Blues was defended vigorously by Swans until final siren.

Samo was back to his best after a slow start....he positions well,he was efficient as well building his confidence as game went on

Weitering looks confident controlling large areas in defence...he has it all...looks Elite...he's elite

Sam Walsh was just everywhere ,elite runner,mark,play read,will contest high balls running back blind .....he is only very slight in build still- was getting contacted.......he works unbelievably hard.......astonishing ......truly

Cripps stepped it up as game went on......good

Casboult made a lot of heavy contact increasingly through game...big bumps,big fly's,heavy tackles....De Konig as well was noteably physical with the Swans ....both ..good

Plowman...was solid,gets best forwards,(papley)covers ground well

Setterfield .....good.....runs back a lot in defence....was working hard as inside mid..not dominant however was engaged...he will improve to where he wants to be....he seems happy with the Blues
Props for ponying up for the club and the experience. Nice wrap up.

Back