Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
danj said:
...he who shall not be named.
If it wasn’t for the enjoyment that everyone is getting from throwing rotting fruit at the guy in the stocks, that is about right.

And fair enough too. After all, he was responsible for 9/11, the Rwandan genocide and the collapse of the Greek economy.

If it wasn’t for the enjoyment that everyone is getting from throwing rotting fruit at the guy in the stocks, that is about right.

And fair enough too. After all, he was responsible for 9/11, the Rwandan genocide and the collapse of the Greek economy.

The last time Angela Merkel went on holidays to Greece the border guard asked her "occupation?" And she replied "no just visiting"

Pretty sure the Greeks were responsible for their own economy 😀

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Newton's law on inertia
An object will stay still or keep moving at the same speed and in a straight line, unless it is acted upon by an external unbalanced force.

The squibs will be sore.

But what you say is true.
This hardness will have casualties. This is where our debth will be tested and management of players crucial to the long-term sustainability of this type of attack on player and ball.
With the lvl of intensity we have been playing, its been on my mind how we will keep people fresh - some of the guys must pull up sore??

Turner did look like he was taking an ice bath on the side lines and I'm sure the young guys, maybe not Zurhaar who seems like an anvil, must be sore but I've never played footy let alone at that pace and style.

If its true about Hosie, it'll be interesting, hes looked great at times in the VFL. He finds space and leads very directly and easily.

On Pixel 3 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wood also took a few decent knocks while marking (including one towards the end of the game that looked to daze him a bit), Hosie could also be a bit of cover for him as well. Similar size and profile of player I would think.

Jun 1, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's probably a good thing we are playing Sunday, giving the players extra day rest.
Wood also took a few decent knocks while marking (including one towards the end of the game that looked to daze him a bit), Hosie could also be a bit of cover for him as well. Similar size and profile of player I would think.
In terms of leading and marking at VFL level, Hosie does resemble more like Wood than Turner. Hosie is still a level below them I think; I think he gets about 10 or so possessions a game at VFL, Wood and Turner gets around 15 at AFL.

SlyCunnington

Team Captain
Jun 20, 2010
Downtown
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Hosie is still a level below them I think; I think he gets about 10 or so possessions a game at VFL, Wood and Turner gets around 15 at AFL.

Probably goes without saying at this point. Still, I think they have a specific role in mind as cover, the club would still have an eye on longshot finals given our form unless we have a couple of losses in the next few weeks.

My observation of St Kilda is that they are somewhat similar to us in terms of the way they are trying to play. They play a contested style with plenty of pressure being applied, but lack the polish a bit. Except that our best is better, simple as that. If they bring their A game and we are in cruise mode, I have no doubt that we can drop this one. As we saw against the Swans, one bad quarter was enough for us to lose the game.

Last edited:
My observation of St Kilda is that they are somewhat similar to us in terms of the way they are trying to play. They play a contested style with plenty of pressure being applied, but lack the polish a bit. Except that our best is better, simple as that. If we they bring their A game and we are in cruise mode, I have no doubt that we can drop this one. As we saw against the Swans, one bad quarter was enough for us to lose the game.

They panicked and got flustered trying to grab that important win against Richmond IMO, the final scoreline flattered Richmond immensely for mine, Saints missed something like 7-8 shots on goal in that final quarter. A number of them in the first 10 mins or so and many very gettable. Team should well and truly be focused this week to put the foot down on them hard. I have faith.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My observation of St Kilda is that they are somewhat similar to us in terms of the way they are trying to play. They play a contested style with plenty of pressure being applied, but lack the polish a bit. Except that our best is better, simple as that. If we they bring their A game and we are in cruise mode, I have no doubt that we can drop this one. As we saw against the Swans, one bad quarter was enough for us to lose the game.
100%

They tend to bring their games down to a bit of a scrap, dragging their opponents down to their level. Never the most skillful side to watch. Hopefully they wilt like the pies and the Tigers, but they have a couple hard nuts that will be looking forward to a scrap

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Feb 4, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets!
We should smash the Saints this week.
anything less than a 5 goal win and I'll be disappointed.
marks inside 50 and kick straight...could be our biggest win for a while.

was at the game on the weekend....what a great feeling to visibly see the pies fans just gobsmacked..shattered and leaving in the 3rd qtr.
if we play half as well as last week, that will easily get us over the line vs the Saints.
..not saying we can take them lightly, but we are in some great form and some of our younger guys a starting to look like they belong at the level.

Go Roos!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Fish Sticks

All Australian
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Attachments

• 6914E527-7396-4D70-BCE6-413979BFD19A.jpeg
    6914E527-7396-4D70-BCE6-413979BFD19A.jpeg
    21.5 KB · Views: 104
Status
Not open for further replies.