Preview Rd 16 Changes/Preview v the Aints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine profile for a player, but s**t for a defender. Wing would suit him much better, but he isn't getting a look in there any time soon either. He's genuinely surplus to our needs at the moment and I think should definitely be considered as a trade option. Decent to good physical attributes, obviously good leadership and gameplan understanding, very experienced. I think he could slot into a fair few different teams best 22's right now. Odd situation for a leader of the club to be in to be honest.

He is only one injury away from having a run on the wing for us I reckon.

Shaw was a proper defender when he played down back and claims to be a defensive coach. I doubt he'll pick JMac on the back line if he has any other possible option. He could turn Jmac into a good defensive wingman tho. He was okay at that job himself.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Ahern debuts for the first time this year....................so naturally this leads us in to bagging Jamie MacMillan.

Some of you folks are genuinely ****ed in the head.

Richardson did say that they had to rebuild his body basically. After at date with Jed, Jack and Co, I reckon they’d need to bring in Oscar Goldman.

How much did they pay for Hannerbury? Not enough to rebuild him...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WesternRoo

Club Legend
Apr 4, 2007
Wattleup Stadium
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Club Oz Cougars
MacMillan for mine was always a tall winger/7th defender type.
Not back pocket.
He isn’t agile enough to play on the smalls and despite being a good size doesn’t play tall really.
His generally reliable rebounding has evaded him also.
I can’t see him displacing Pittard, Atley or McDonald, but is handy enough depth.

dus

Premiership Player
May 14, 2002
Poker Table
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Ahern debuts for the first time this year....................so naturally this leads us in to bagging Jamie MacMillan.

Some of you folks are genuinely ****ed in the head.
Not bagging him, just happy he is not playing.

As you have in the past with Dumont et al.

I wonder if Jmac's strongest asset was his ability to understand and communicate a very complex defensive structure, and now that it's been simplified his selection is no longer as essential?

I think it has more to do with a settled back 6 and that were OK with who is on the wings.

I think he's in competition with Frog and Polec. Well with Frog.

Agree mate, but I don't believe for a second he'd come back with 2 VFL games under the previous regime. No matter how well we were going.

He was the onfield personification of Brad.

It's going to take a bit to shake that out.

If Brad lands a senior gig somewhere I expect JMac will have his locker cleared out by the end of Brad's first presser.

I actually think he'd go OK on a wing. He probably has the most unlearning to do to get there.

JMac gets to play in the Majak game. He will probably get more media attention than if he was in the firsts.
If Arden St had a stand it'd more than likely be in front of more people as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back