Review Rd 16. SUNS vs Brisbane @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Well we finally get a win and could have another. The Lions are having a tough time of it but would be setting themselves for this game after the Steven May bump and winning last time. We really should win this well. At home again we need our midfielders firing again and hopefully some better goal kicking.

Not many changes need to be made
In: Lonergan (if not fit then Hallahan)
Out: Rosa (hamstring)

Nobody else will be fit and nobody else is really pushing for selection. Joyce has been good but i don't know how much longer he should be in the team?

Well we finally get a win and could have another. The Lions are having a tough time of it but would be setting themselves for this game after the Steven May bump and winning last time. We really should win this well. At home again we need our midfielders firing again and hopefully some better goal kicking.

Not many changes need to be made
In: Lonergan (if not fit then Hallahan)
Out: Rosa (hamstring)

Nobody else will be fit and nobody else is really pushing for selection. Joyce has been good but i don't know how much longer he should be in the team?

Joyce stays till Saad returns.. Schoenfeld to take Rosa's spot (first game against a weaker side - good experience).
If Currie still unfit no other changes. Definitely think Currie will take #1 ruck spot. Nicholls was beaten in so many tests of strength at weekend he cannot possibly hold his place as our best ruckman going forward.

Some of Nichols tap work was great tbh. Set up 2 goals alone with it. One of his better games for us.

Only change I would make would be Lonergan for Rosa.
Sorry to disagree re Nicholls.. saw him lose many contested marking contests - gifting Hickey a goal from 20m in one - and others were weak efforts. I admit his follow up work is good but he doesn't win hitouts or set up play - he is essentially another follower - how many other ruckmen score clearances ? We have midfielders for that surely...

No need to apologise. Yeah no doubt he has some defciencies in his game, just his tap work is starting to look good, he did some amazing hit outs in that 3rd quarter. He still needs to figure out how to not jump early, but as far as pure ruckwork, that was one of his best games.

I liked our pace on the weekend against a running team. Prefer to bring in another running player to replace Rosa.

With Gaz winning some hard contests again and Rischa playing well in the middle, I would be OK to leave out Hallahan and give Lonergan more time with his glandular fever. Don't mess around with the glandular.

I really like the concept of debuting the Schone on the wing against the Lions, at home.

If not the Schone then Hallahan. If not Hallahan then Garlett who we need to get more games into.

Always harder to find any changes after a solid win (havent said that in a while). Rosa obviously out, but other than that, I can't see anyone who really deserves it. I think Joyce will get 1 or 2 more games before getting rested.

On the other hand, there are a number who put their hands up for inclusion. Garlett, Schoenfield, Leslie, Hallahan, even Jaeger in a few weeks. I think Garlett or Hallahan come in depending on whether Rocket wants extra run or contested ball-winning.

No doubt though Rocket will see things a bit differently, or we'll get a couple of players pull up sore or something through the week.

Always harder to find any changes after a solid win (havent said that in a while). Rosa obviously out, but other than that, I can't see anyone who really deserves it. I think Joyce will get 1 or 2 more games before getting rested.

On the other hand, there are a number who put their hands up for inclusion. Garlett, Schoenfield, Leslie, Hallahan, even Jaeger in a few weeks. I think Garlett or Hallahan come in depending on whether Rocket wants extra run or contested ball-winning.

No doubt though Rocket will see things a bit differently, or we'll get a couple of players pull up sore or something through the week.
I really hope Leslie gets a game soon, he was really good in the game he played in the seniors this year and plays well in the 2s most weeks.
But bring in schoenfield, reward for effort. I would like Garlett in as well but don't know who we would drop for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Matera and Shaw were as good as they've been for a long time
Like Malceski these guys aren't really capable of dragging the team along in chains when we're down, but if the team is functioning they can be very vey good cogs in the machine

Two words - sell high!

Might even be able to get someone to take Shaw's contract with a year to go if he can play another couple games like that.

That was the most uncontested game we have ever played in perfect conditions - not exactly a finals like cauldron and they are not exactly the players I want to be counting on when the whips are cracking.

well last weeks win over the st kilda mob was fun. They were quiet a hostile crowd. a few agro young dudes on mid strenght beer. lol@them. the atmosphere up the northern end was great. we are finally getting some mojo up there and are now giving it to the visiting teams cheer squad. if you want some fun and dont mind cheering come on up. suns by 30

Hey Suns - Who do you think May will target for his usual Q-Clash snipe?

Im thinking Mitch Robinson, although it could be his last chance to face off against the whiner Rockliff in a lions guernsey so he might see it as a final hurrah.

Why? Who do you think? :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back