Review Rd 16. SUNS vs Brisbane @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Just by coincidence I've sat in front of the box and seen your last 2 games.

Very impressive hit out against the Hawks and, more importantly showed last week that it was not a 1 week thing. Always good to see a side ravaged by injury get themselves back up and running.

With 2 gallops under the belt now, I would expect to see a nearer full strength Suns absolutely smoke the Lions this week at home.

Leigh Matthews best sniper of all time.
Neville Bruns & Suns should merge.

Im thinking Mitch Robinson, although it could be his last chance to face off against the whiner Rockliff in a lions guernsey so he might see it as a final hurrah.

Why? Who do you think? :rolleyes:

It'll be whoever he can snipe first with their head over the ball - but I don't think he will be going anywhere near Mitch Robinson if the rumors are true.

It'll be whoever he can snipe first with their head over the ball - but I don't think he will be going anywhere near Mitch Robinson if the rumors are true.
Robinson got white line fever again ?. Also please enlighten me as to who Steven May has hit when there head has been over the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it is well deserved but Lonegran now can't get a game in front of Shaw and Davis you have to be kidding me. I hope it is still because of the fever because he is best 22 with a full list. Hope we are not carrying too many skinny outsiders.
From what Rocket said it seems the illness took alot of energy out of Lonergan and needs a run in the 2s. I agree though that against the Doggies we need some bigger bodies, Shaw was alright last week but surely not permanent

Yes it is well deserved but Lonegran now can't get a game in front of Shaw and Davis you have to be kidding me. I hope it is still because of the fever because he is best 22 with a full list. Hope we are not carrying too many skinny outsiders.
Can't change a team too much after a win. Happy for Lonergan to be cherry ripe for the Dogs.

From what Rocket said it seems the illness took alot of energy out of Lonergan and needs a run in the 2s. I agree though that against the Doggies we need some bigger bodies, Shaw was alright last week but surely not permanent
If he really had glandular fever I'm very surprised he was even considered. Knocked me out for a good four to six weeks as a teenager followed by post-viral fatigue syndrome (now more commonly known as chronic fatigue syndrome) which took me a couple of years to recover from.
Hope Maysie smashes someone again. Will be worth the admission to see the four peat. Feeling like we should win but Brizzo always seem to treat these games like their GF. We need to be on and not just think we need to show up like round 4. Looking forward to seeing Snoop back in, and also young Reuben William for the Lions. Hope both do well.

Snoops back! YES!

direct replacement for Rosa playing on the wing/half-forward? Or will we start him off deeper forward to get back into it?
Either way hopefully he can light up Metricon with his pace again.

If he really had glandular fever I'm very surprised he was even considered. Knocked me out for a good four to six weeks as a teenager followed by post-viral fatigue syndrome (now more commonly known as chronic fatigue syndrome) which took me a couple of years to recover from.
Hope Maysie smashes someone again. Will be worth the admission to see the four peat. Feeling like we should win but Brizzo always seem to treat these games like their GF. We need to be on and not just think we need to show up like round 4. Looking forward to seeing Snoop back in, and also young Reuben William for the Lions. Hope both do well.
Hello Alistair.?

Getting physical is gr8 and part of the game.. dirty, low tactics aren't IMO #thug culture Lions.

Edit, pushing this sentence down so it is not mistaken as referring to the #

If Maysie does hit some1 I want him to mean it, oh and also for it to b 'legal'.. ;)

Last edited:
Hello Alistair.?

Getting physical is gr8 and part of the game.. dirty, low tactics aren't IMO #thug culture Lions. If Maysie does hit some1 I want him to mean it, oh and also for it to b 'legal'.. ;)
Funny you mention Lynchie or Captain Snooze as he was known back then. I really admired how he fought through that and remember writing to him about it at the time. Maysie's hits weren't thuggish IMO, just the timing was slightly off. both Rockliff and Martin's movements helped contribute to the hits being high.

Funny you mention Lynchie or Captain Snooze as he was known back then. I really admired how he fought through that and remember writing to him about it at the time. Maysie's hits weren't thuggish IMO, just the timing was slightly off. both Rockliff and Martin's movements helped contribute to the hits being high.
My thug reference is not in any way related to Steve May, it is aimed squarely at the Lions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back