Review Rd 16. SUNS vs Brisbane @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, so one win would be the Big Mac?

Is the other win a better draft pick for the Lions?
I'm sitting with mates who don't live here, so they'll give me their ticket after the game as well.

The other win is more Big Macs

P.S. Are you guys going to do that pizza promotion as well?

A little apprehensive about this game. We are going in big favourites but think it may be a lot closer than that. Reasons being:

- Brisbane get themselves up for this
- With what May did last time they are going to come out hard early
- Both teams have only won 1 of their last 11 games
- Last week's game of uncontested football is not a good lead up for this game
- Brisbane's strength is their hard mids in Rockliff, Robinson and the outside run of Hanley and Rich (if Rocket has been paying attention these are the 2 that he needs to put some time into with Sexton and Miller respectively)
- If it's a hard contested style we have left Hallahan and Lonergan in the 2s

If we can get 50/50 share of the midfield ball we should win comfortably with our forward targets.

Thinking the $4.75 on Brisbane is worth a dabble, especially after seeing Swans win at $3

EDIT: Couldn't do it - took Brisbane at the 34.5 point line though

Last edited:
I think Brissy will come out a lot harder than the Saints dis last week , but he boys are up and about and should get job done . A few have been playing through injury that a lot dont know about , Aaron Hall been playing through injections in his knee but said last week was first week in while without them and it showed on field . Gaz did zero training last week , but is back into it so watch for a big game from the little champ.

I'm sitting with mates who don't live here, so they'll give me their ticket after the game as well.

The other win is more Big Macs

P.S. Are you guys going to do that pizza promotion as well?
nah that one got canned. all the stores are franchises, so some stores decided not to play along with the deal. some random out of ingredients. pretty poorly run system overall.

A little apprehensive about this game. We are going in big favourites but think it may be a lot closer than that. Reasons being:

- Brisbane get themselves up for this
- With what May did last time they are going to come out hard early
- Both teams have only won 1 of their last 11 games
- Last week's game of uncontested football is not a good lead up for this game
- Brisbane's strength is their hard mids in Rockliff, Robinson and the outside run of Hanley and Rich (if Rocket has been paying attention these are the 2 that he needs to put some time into with Sexton and Miller respectively)
- If it's a hard contested style we have left Hallahan and Lonergan in the 2s

If we can get 50/50 share of the midfield ball we should win comfortably with our forward targets.

Thinking the $4.75 on Brisbane is worth a dabble, especially after seeing Swans win at $3

EDIT: Couldn't do it - took Brisbane at the 34.5 point line though
Brisbane's mids are so out of form. Some people saying Hanley should have got dropped. Really Brisbane's only strength is their midfield so if we can control that we should be good.

nah that one got canned. all the stores are franchises, so some stores decided not to play along with the deal. some random out of ingredients. pretty poorly run system overall.
That happened to me last year, after the Q-clash I went to the crust in Southport (I lived down the road at the time), asked for a pizza they said they "ran out of dough" and to "come back tomorrow" so I had to go all the way to Runaway bay for the free pizza. I came back the following day and still "out of dough" and they would do the promotion in Robina on Tuesday...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what a cluster* of a game so far

bodies flying left right and centre

amazing to watch, but the injury toll at the end of the fourth quarter is going to be catastrophic for both sides

Remove this Banner Ad

Back