Preview Rd 16 - Sydney Swans vs WC Eagles @ GAGF Stadium, Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Bell will make it eventually but I can sorta understand why he is still in the side. Was a good link up player in some of the passages in the 4th quarter where we tried to make that comeback. I think he was the one that delivered that great dart to Hayward (who dropped it but managed to get Buddy that goal) so they are giving him another try.

Brand taking the fall for that crazy underground handball near the 50m arc.

There never used to be a multitude of key forwards 200cm plus who could run like the wind.

Leo Barry would be the attacking half back flanker he should've been if he played today, he would get that many chopping the arms free kicks against him. (thats no disrespect to the great man, just the way the game has gone)

That’s fine but there are no such players named for WCE. You have Kennedy (196cm), Allen (194cm) and Darling (191cm).

I don’t see it as being a massive issue this week.

We have been able to cover a lack of really tall players by working for one another, peeling off and helping spoil.

The talk on the Eagles board is that their forwards are not good defensively.
Kardinia Park is narrow so potentially more congested in the forward line.
Add an expected wet day.
Perhaps COR for Brand is to launch attack from half back. COR has pace and his kicking is reasonably good.
It's always good to run in the wet.
Run it out and link up with the wingers or switch to the corridor. Create running havoc and overlap.
Slice 'em and dice 'em.
If this is correct, I like the attacking mindset.

This but replace COR with Blakey.
Suspected he would be selected to play half back and try and give us some speed out of there.

Are we the club that runs players into the ground by playing them when injured or are we the club that runs players into the ground by not playing them when they're injured? I can't keep up!

I am pleased we are managing the work loads and development of the younger players.

Hanners is the poster boy for how we buggered up by jabbing up injured players. He has played a grand total of 13 games since we off loaded him.

Buddy was stuffed under the old regime after he injured his foot while slotting 8 at the new WA dung heap ground. He was jabbed up, was clearly hindered and developed a pattern of soft tissue injuries. The new crew have him fit and firing.

Not bell fault he keeps getting picked

Midfield is bare bones this week gonna need a jpk special to keep us competitive

JPK had a shocker last week and is a shadow of the player he was.

I think he may have had 1 Clearance!

Looks like they want to see Blakey be that rebounding defender who uses his pace to get out of the 50. Needs to make good decisions though when getting out of there...

Trialling him at HB because we may lose Dawson?

Yer I know so how do we win?

More centre clearance time for Ollie and George. I have seen JMac play inside in the Ressies and do it well. He is tough as old boots and may be worth a crack. JPK's role shd be to roadblock NicNat when he grabs the ball at CCs

I am pleased we are managing the work loads and development of the younger players.

Hanners is the poster boy for how we buggered up by jabbing up injured players. He has played a grand total of 13 games since we off loaded him.

Buddy was stuffed under the old regime after he injured his foot while slotting 8 at the new WA dung heap ground. He was jabbed up, was clearly hindered and developed a pattern of soft tissue injuries. The new crew have him fit and firing.

I'm not against playing guys who might be carrying something, but it's a case by case thing and in some cases we have got it wrong.

Hanners and Buddy I'm not sure we managed so great a few years back. Rowbottom and Warner I think we've done a better job as we rested Warner before his niggle turned into a serious injury, and we rested Rowbottom before his niggle completely killed his confidence.

As for Braeden and Errol, their injuries being of a similar nature and occurring around the same time is simply coincidental. The only reason it's a talking point is because they are 'Braeden and Errol' the duo, who do everything together! They play junior footy together! They get drafted together! They debut together! And they get run into the ground by the Swans together! It's just a propagandist's dream narrative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a chat about this with a few friends & I have concluded that we have failed these kids with our programs we have put into them. We really fail at developing top young talent further & actually have turned some players into a shadow of what they were when we took them as raw talented draftees.
Stevens & Blakey the two currently failing to show any improvement on what they started as.
Campbell, Gulden & Warner have been stuffed up physically after starting so well.
It’s fair to say we have to have a really good look at whatever our system is with young guys.
It’s a fail of late. Maybe we are lacking the coaches due to the soft cap cut backs but it needs to be addressed now before other young players start wanting out or not be happy about coming to the Swans.
Is that a serious comment, I guess with your Buddy commentary its hard to tell

We'll I've decided to cast away any positive feels. Seems to me that all the fun is being had by the negative posters.

Buddy is cooked and overpriced, should've given us at least 1 premiership, since the he's also responsible for the team giving up. We have ruined the career of every kid on the list, Blakey, Rowbottom, Florent, Hayward, Stephens, and Gould would of at least been All Australians by now, and their lack of progress is an indictment on our coaching department, which also is easily the worst in the league. We have simultaneously ruined Warner, Gulden, and Campbells careers by not playing them while injured, but also letting them getting injured, despite being the least injured team in the comp, we obviously take hammers to the new kids feet and shins for fun after training. Terrible list management, despite playing really well against top teams and lacking the killer instinct against lower teams, this is obviously more a case of us being a perrenially middle of the ladder team, until we eventually lose all our SA kids (Dawson, Hewett, Stephens, Hayward, Gould) with a 3rd and 4th round, for a 2nd round pick. Our trading has been terrible because even though we identified talent, no one wanted to come to the bad Sydney side when both GWS and Brisbane looked more promising. JPK is cooked and overpriced.

Sydney won't win another game this season, fall out of the 8, and proceed go on a losing streak greater than any team prior.

West Coast by 138 points after Mills breaks both legs by accidentally hitting himself with hammers meant for Guldens feet.

The concern going into this match will be Hewett's back and whether it's too sore to play midfield all game.

The concern coming out of this match will be Hewett's back after carrying the sh*t out of our midfield all game.
I do struggle to understand how the coaching department watched Hewett thrive in mid 2019 with Kennedy out, playing career best games at 23, and decided never to expand on it.

thought the crowd limit was 25%. its not. 50%. so 19k.

be interesting to see how many we can get. reports are west coast obviously didnt exhaust their allocation so it went to sydney members.

Yeah, but surely the coaches to fall for that, that's more a posters feelings rather than longmires...

No I think it's also Horse's feeling. Hewett was made the scapegoat for the pretty ineffective JPK/Parker/Hewett trio of 2019, which played a role in delivering Horse his first ever bottom four finish.

Never mind it's since been established that Hewett actually wasn't the problem in that trio at all...

We'll I've decided to cast away any positive feels. Seems to me that all the fun is being had by the negative posters.

Buddy is cooked and overpriced, should've given us at least 1 premiership, since the he's also responsible for the team giving up. We have ruined the career of every kid on the list, Blakey, Rowbottom, Florent, Hayward, Stephens, and Gould would of at least been All Australians by now, and their lack of progress is an indictment on our coaching department, which also is easily the worst in the league. We have simultaneously ruined Warner, Gulden, and Campbells careers by not playing them while injured, but also letting them getting injured, despite being the least injured team in the comp, we obviously take hammers to the new kids feet and shins for fun after training. Terrible list management, despite playing really well against top teams and lacking the killer instinct against lower teams, this is obviously more a case of us being a perrenially middle of the ladder team, until we eventually lose all our SA kids (Dawson, Hewett, Stephens, Hayward, Gould) with a 3rd and 4th round, for a 2nd round pick. Our trading has been terrible because even though we identified talent, no one wanted to come to the bad Sydney side when both GWS and Brisbane looked more promising. JPK is cooked and overpriced.

Sydney won't win another game this season, fall out of the 8, and proceed go on a losing streak greater than any team prior.

West Coast by 138 points after Mills breaks both legs by accidentally hitting himself with hammers meant for Guldens feet.
Don't do drugs, kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back