Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching cats dons.
Gee GHZAMAD is a paddock.
Grass looks to be at least 22mm long

Long studs.

*except you wicks

Ah betting ads focusing on our game, we are going to get destroyed by umps to drag WCE over the line

Crazy how much the betting influences the games' results

Looks like they want to see Blakey be that rebounding defender who uses his pace to get out of the 50. Needs to make good decisions though when getting out of there...

He's getting a bit of a Gary Rohan whiff about him. Not defining a position for himself and now the selection committee are putting him in odd positions in the hope he nails one of them

We'll I've decided to cast away any positive feels. Seems to me that all the fun is being had by the negative posters.

Buddy is cooked and overpriced, should've given us at least 1 premiership, since the he's also responsible for the team giving up. We have ruined the career of every kid on the list, Blakey, Rowbottom, Florent, Hayward, Stephens, and Gould would of at least been All Australians by now, and their lack of progress is an indictment on our coaching department, which also is easily the worst in the league. We have simultaneously ruined Warner, Gulden, and Campbells careers by not playing them while injured, but also letting them getting injured, despite being the least injured team in the comp, we obviously take hammers to the new kids feet and shins for fun after training. Terrible list management, despite playing really well against top teams and lacking the killer instinct against lower teams, this is obviously more a case of us being a perrenially middle of the ladder team, until we eventually lose all our SA kids (Dawson, Hewett, Stephens, Hayward, Gould) with a 3rd and 4th round, for a 2nd round pick. Our trading has been terrible because even though we identified talent, no one wanted to come to the bad Sydney side when both GWS and Brisbane looked more promising. JPK is cooked and overpriced.

Sydney won't win another game this season, fall out of the 8, and proceed go on a losing streak greater than any team prior.

West Coast by 138 points after Mills breaks both legs by accidentally hitting himself with hammers meant for Guldens feet.

Dropping out of the 8 means a better pick for us at draft time. Also means better compo picks when Parker and Hewett go... silver lining and all that jazz....

He's getting a bit of a Gary Rohan whiff about him. Not defining a position for himself and now the selection committee are putting him in odd positions in the hope he nails one of them

plse stop. The name Grohan brings back few good memories. I don't think Blakey is a self entitled w***er.

I had a chat about this with a few friends & I have concluded that we have failed these kids with our programs we have put into them. We really fail at developing top young talent further & actually have turned some players into a shadow of what they were when we took them as raw talented draftees.
Stevens & Blakey the two currently failing to show any improvement on what they started as.
Campbell, Gulden & Warner have been stuffed up physically after starting so well.
It’s fair to say we have to have a really good look at whatever our system is with young guys.
It’s a fail of late. Maybe we are lacking the coaches due to the soft cap cut backs but it needs to be addressed now before other young players start wanting out or not be happy about coming to the Swans.
Coaches aside maybe it just comes down to training load. What use is an arduous pre season + midweek sessions if come the weekend everyone's sore. Why couldn't Rowbottom, warner etc be given a few Wednesdays off so that they actually feel fresh come Saturday. Give them training off instead of games. I'm pretty sure 1 Wednesday off here and there isn't going to be a detriment to a professional footballers game day. If anything they might be invigorated.

Coaches aside maybe it just comes down to training load. What use is an arduous pre season + midweek sessions if come the weekend everyone's sore. Why couldn't Rowbottom, warner etc be given a few Wednesdays off so that they actually feel fresh come Saturday. Give them training off instead of games. I'm pretty sure 1 Wednesday off here and there isn't going to be a detriment to a professional footballers game day. If anything they might be invigorated.
We played Port off a two week break. Rowbottom only played 60% or so game time again. He has an obvious issue. Get him right or finish his season off if he needs surgery.

We played Port off a two week break. Rowbottom only played 60% or so game time again. He has an obvious issue. Get him right or finish his season off if he needs surgery.
Every player we’ve “managed” due to an undefined “niggle” has ended up on the sidelines for an extended period.

Rowbottom will be back in mid 2023.

But that’s ok - we have Bell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the Essendon kids labour last night. Cox looked in pain from the start and Perkins was less than robust.
Against big seasoned bodies, a 4 quarter effort from such players is no chance of happening. That first quarter when fresh showed what talent they have.
Stringer showed his true colours against the seasoned team.

Maybe they are learning and adjusting the way they handle young players. Rowbottom rested this week, McDonald was rested for a few weeks and maybe in previous years they would have kept playing Warner or brought him back early.

I am guessing you can't precisely predict these things. The younger players do have lighter loads in preseason training. And the guys coming back from injury do go through a staggered process before joining the main group. Eg during preseason Mcinerney took a while to get back to the main group. But has been ok so far. And I am sure there were other players with injury concerns in preseason that were handled ok.

Anyway I am delighted with how the younger players are being managed and the general fitness regime.

Relatively few of our injuries have been calves and hammies when compared with previous seasons. Most have been collision or possibly hard grounds (shins and the like).

I was a stringent critic of the former fella and to their credit Gardiner and Harley addressed this.

Anyway I am delighted with how the younger players are being managed and the general fitness regime.

Relatively few of our injuries have been calves and hammies when compared with previous seasons. Most have been collision or possibly hard grounds (shins and the like).

I was a stringent critic of the former fella and to their credit Gardiner and Harley addressed this.
Fair enough. But isn't the number of 'stress reactions' and other innocuous injuries which stretch from one week rest to 6 weeks, a concern?

I don't think Bell will make it eventually but I can sorta understand why he is still in the side. Was a good link up player in some of the passages in the 4th quarter where we tried to make that comeback. I think he was the one that delivered that great dart to Hayward (who dropped it but managed to get Buddy that goal) so they are giving him another try.

Brand taking the fall for that crazy underground handball near the 50m arc.

Bell has played 16 games and averages 8 possessions and 2.7 tackles

Ridiculous that he keeps getting selected, not AFL standard

Against big seasoned bodies, a 4 quarter effort from such players is no chance of happening. That first quarter when fresh showed what talent they have.
Stringer showed his true colours against the seasoned team.

stringer's true colours ... white, as in flag

I think you're actually very wrong on this one zyzz. A seasoned player can get away with missing a few training sessions here and there but still be able to get up for game day. A kid doesn't have that luxury. To be able to play a whole game and compete and contribute at a decent level, they need every single bit of training they can get. That's why Horse so often emphasizes "full training" when referring to players coming back from injury. It's common sense that if they're so sore they have to miss a training session, then they're obviously gonna find the going even tougher in an actual match situation.

plse stop. The name Grohan brings back few good memories. I don't think Blakey is a self entitled w***er.
I had a soft spot for Rohan until his affair with that physio last year. What a ********.

Guess Geelong will do that to people ;)

I reckon there's a fair chance this game decides whether or not we make finals. Or maybe not. Ricmond falling off a cliff is a big help.

though if GWS wins this that spells trouble. melbourne play them into form right in time for the derby

though if GWS wins this that spells trouble. melbourne play them into form right in time for the derby
They're the only team I can see leapfrogging us.

Richmond have made it hard for themselves, particularly with matches against Brisbane and Geelong coming up. They also have GWS in Sydney and Freo in Perth to come. Freo's probably a bigger worry, but we should hopefully account for them at home (despite our iffy performances at the SCG, we have a good record against them there for the better part of the last decade), which would also make it tough for them with games against Brisbane, Geelong, and West Coast.

Plenty to play out, but IMO the game against Fremantle looms as one that will ultimately decide whether or not we play finals. I think GWS will finish 7th and we'll finish 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back