Preview Rd 16 - Sydney Swans vs WC Eagles @ GAGF Stadium, Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another underwhelming 8 disposal effort by Bell must surely see him replaced by Stephens or Blakey.

No further changes. Today’s effort was good & the players deserve the chance to show the same intensity against WC.

Assuming Warner's ready, I would say

Warner for Rowbottom.

Wicks for Bell.

Brand gets another go because Kennedy-Darling-Allen.

We'll win this.
Warner is in Sydney. We're not seeing him for a while, a month at least.

This Eagles team will be vastly different to what we would of expected a week ago.

They have a ton more firepower upforward than Port.

They also get back Luke Shuey (hamstring), Jeremy McGovern (knee), Tim Kelly (knee), Brad Sheppard (concussion) and Petruccelle following lay-offs.

Sydney just went into a two week hard lockdown. No one is going anywhere.

Oh yeah, I totally blanked on that. I wish all the Sydneysiders on here the best :rainbow:

As for Warner, I find it strange we wouldn't have taken him down to Melbourne just in case given he was only expected to be a few weeks away at the very most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats fine but something needs to give with him should results dont really matter its still a development focus first season.

I mean I want him to be more involved but he had 3 shots at goal, and most weeks he'd kick 2 of them. If he ended with 2.1 rather than 0.3 we'd all be singing a different tune.

Oh yeah, I totally blanked on that. I wish all the Sydneysiders on here the best :rainbow:

As for Warner, I find it strange we wouldn't have taken him down to Melbourne just in case given he was only expected to be a few weeks away at the very most.
Not sure, but is clear we brought pretty much every player who was not injured. Which seems to lead to he either missed the 4pm sms and didn't make the plane or they felt he was going to miss at least 2 weeks of football.

Not sure, but is clear we brought pretty much every player who was not injured. Which seems to lead to he either missed the 4pm sms and didn't make the plane or they felt he was going to miss at least 2 weeks of football.

I would say the fact we didn't bring any injured players to Melbourne would indicate that the club had no idea where we would be training and what access to rehab facilities we would have once we arrived and therefore wanted to keep our rehabbing players back in Sydney at the club so we could maintain their rehab over the period in the hub (which was to be no longer than 3 weeks) knowing what facilities they had access to so their return from injury wasn't disrupted.

Now that we look like being away for at least a month (maybe even longer) the club will have to work towards gaining travel exemptions for those members of the team that are close to a return from injury.

Seem to remember Heeney tweaking an ankle or something towards the end of the Carlton game and he hasn’t been the same since - playing injured again? Sure seems like it when you see such a sudden drop in form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back