Look behind you!
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings, Oakland Raiders
The Krak is back!
PQkgdq6.gif

tY5RVbI.gif

When he turns on the after burners to run down an unsuspecting ball carrier he is one of the fastest guys going around.

Still remember him doing the number on Jobe Watson years back and saving a game for us.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Also, don't you love the way Polley casually slips it back outside 50, because he just knows The Krak can seal the deal?

It came down more to Polec not having a right leg. He emerged from traffic close to goal and found himself in space on his right, realised he doesn't have a right, and sent it back outside 50 to Krak who slotted it. In most instances being so one-sided can become an issue, but guys like Polec have the ability to find time and space anywhere. Wangeneen was the same.

We just look so much better with him in the side.

**** he's a good kick. Surprise, surprise that good kicks improve us.

Watching the doggies v roos game, poor disposal killed the dogs run and carry game time and time again. surprise surprise, we suffer the same issue and suffer more often.

it was also noticeable the roos had much bigger bodies and worried the doggies out of the contest and created pressure on the disposal.

Perhaps we can learn from the Krak and our peers

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Has a big fan club on here, but he's not really up to it in my opinion. Doesn't execute his oft-vaunted skills and not overly quick - at least one of which is essential trait for a half back flanker who need to provide the impetus for us to break through the opposition defence. Defesive work leaves a lot to be desired as well. For all the complaints about O'Shea I think he's the better option of the two.

Ken - Give Krak 4 quarters in the front half!

He'll kick a bag full.

a more natural forward than defender. definitely in our 22 but needs to find another gear

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My take for Krak is simple. The last two pre-seasons (for different reasons), he's been unable to do fair parts of it and has subsequently been tanked too often in games. I wouldn't be upgrading him to the main list and would make it clear, get through a full pre-season so you can run out games or 2017 is your last year on the list. A fit Krak is best 18 without hesitation. A half-fit Krak is borderline 22 with our full list and if we have a full list (or at least those in positions he can play), playing a half-fit Krak sends the sort of double standards message we as a club need to stop putting out.

His spot on this list is safe, but his kicking (like most of this list) has gone downhill compared to last season.

Hopefully the whole club cleans this up in the summer.

LeoMessi

Premiership Player
Feb 22, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
FC Barcelona
I like him because with his kicks, he always tries to find a target and not like so many in the list, just kick it forward in hope. He seems to be aware where his teammates are and what his move will be before even getting the ball which I like. And he's got the kicking skills to execute that. How many times did we see the ball getting back in our defensive 50 in a hurry because of these rushed kicks which we can't execute. At least Krak is better then most in that position with kicking. And he might not be overly fast but he has that initial burst of speed which is good

Would like to see him on a modified preseason program to work on his fitness levels and possibly play that defensive forward role that Neade has been playing. He also a good contested mark for his size and a good kick for goal. He needs to be played in forward 50.

This is what he can do. We are crying out for a forward who can take a grab and do it at ground level also. We saw him do it against Melbourne, it's no fluke.

Remember when he went forward for the Magpies in our last GF appearance?

with the emergence of DBJ and Pittard down back we can afford to release Krak forward. I would think a Krak up forward would be far more potent than a Monfries but let's see what 2017 delivers

Sliding doors: Krakouer doesn't sign with GC.

I'm not sure we'd have fared much better as a club in 2011/12, but I reckon he could've had a very good career.

Back