Autopsy Rd 16 V Collingwood. Metricon, Saturday 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Overall I can't fault the effort from most of the guys though after quarter time. Two guys down, one our Captain and the other our best mid. They hung on but just got overrun. Hopefully we don't see any soft tissue injuries next week because of the greater load the rest of the players had today.

I know that Aaron Hall's mum used to come on here, but I'm sorry - he epitomises every single bad trait a footballer can have.

- embarrassingly soft/weak/pathetic/spineless
- incredibly selfish (goal hungry)
- cannot hit a target by hand or foot, from 50 metres away to a 1.5 metre handball
- doesn't work back defensively
- has terrible game sense (handball to teammate under the pump)
- bad decision maker

I know you've gotta play players to increase their trade value, but bugger me... it hurts my soul to watch this fraud play in our jumper.

Last edited:
I know that Aaron Hall's mum used to come on here, but I'm sorry - he epitomises every single bad trait a footballer can have.

- cannot hit a target by hand or for, from 50 metres away to a 1.5 metre handball
- bad decision maker

I know you've gotta play players to increase their trade value, but bugger me... it hurts my soul to watch this fraud play in our jumper.
110% spot on.

I can't watch this s**t, I've been one of the most faithful eade backers and team supporters since day one but enough is enough. we keep turning this s**t out week after week and I'm sick of it. It's honestly draining the fun out of my weekends having to watch this s**t. How the **** have none of our players apart from our big boys in lynch may improved in the 3 years that Rocket has been coaching. It's a disgrace

You just answered your own question. Eade is the reason they havent improved. I havent been keen on Eade since he was announced coach. We need someone without a proven record of mediocrity.

and, no s**t, I watched a seconds game today and any one of the players would be better than Hall.

You'll smack us good and proper. We were never crash hot playing at Metricon even before we were completely terrible.

Should be good to watch the Witts v Grundy show though.
Shows what I know....

Although I did say last year that Witts would be a steal for you guys. He had the better of Grundy today imo. He's everything I hoped he would be for us. Will be the best tap ruckman in the league sooner rather than later.

Witts was fantastic. The only ruckman in the comp that could really come close to Witts is Grundy, and statwise they were 42 HOs each, but I felt that Witts was a little bit more effective.

Incredible pick up and a brilliant player.

We don't deserve a player like Lyons, tough as nails!

We tried hard but just didn't have the 'bounce' go our way tonight...a few deflections and smothers by the Pies that just landed directly in their players laps, but then again they seemed to always have numbers at the contest.

Saad and Harbrow a bit off tonight, conditions probably didnt help.

Sexton 4 disposals and 0 tackles. Not good enough, dosent matter if he is played out of position or not.

Hall was appalling - rather play with one less bloke than watch him pretend to tackle and chase.

Witts was fantastic. The only ruckman in the comp that could really come close to Witts is Grundy, and statwise they were 42 HOs each, but I felt that Witts was a little bit more effective.

Incredible pick up and a brilliant player.
He definitely had Grundy's measure in hits to advantage. If Grundy gave us that kind of service he'd be pushing for All Australian. I think Kruezer or Ryder will get it this year though.

Sexton, McKenzie, Hall and Lemmens have to be dropped sureky

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I've been a massive Sexton fan for ages, but something has changed in his recently. No idea what's happened, but he's been a total spud recently.

McKenzie - delist
Hall - trade
Sexton - drop to NEAFL for a bit IMO

- cannot hit a target by hand or for, from 50 metres away to a 1.5 metre handball
- bad decision maker

Sorry got to pull you up here darkwingduck.
I'm not a Hall fan - but he did team things today. 6 kicks 15 handballs - he actually tried to bring others into the game - not play it only himself.
Had only one shot at goal inside fifty which he nailed ...
Not sure you watched the game - but he wasn't our worst (Sexton, Lemmens, Bowes ) ?

Bowes doesn't play well in defence. If we can't find a spot for him mid or forward then don't play him, it's pretty simple.
TMac is coming back into the side after almost a year off so you can understand some mistakes but that was very poor from him tonight - several times things he did directly resulted in a goal or a shot on for Collingwood.
Defend Lemmens a lot and think there are plenty worse than him. We need role players in the team and he brings a defensive edge either forward or back that is valuable to the team. He's also still young so has time to improve on his weaknesses like disposal efficiency. In saying that, he needs a spell in the 2's for a few weeks.
Sexton needs a spell also. 4 disposals 0 tackles says it all really. Out of position or not, that is poor.
May and Lyons may genuinely have been game changers in this match. Will never know for sure but would think it may almost have gone our way even with those two on the field. Big losses.
Rocket's likely gone, whether people like him or not. Seems like this was his last opportunity this week tbh and with a loss, there goes our season and his job. Time to play some kids.

Changes:

Lemmens > Joyce

May > Leslie (if not injured)
otherwise
May > brooksby (unfortunately)

TMac > Scrimshaw

Lyons > Fiorini/Macpherson

Bowes > Brodie/Macpherson

Sexton > KK

Eade > Barker/Dew/Clarkson/Roos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A combination of poor decision making, poor umpiring and poor tackling led to the loss i feel. The problem is our next generation isn't ready for full midfield. Brodie, Bowes, Scrimshaw, Ainsworth are all going to be guns but aren't ready meaning we are stuck with Hall, Lemmens and Sexton like what we saw tonight. Without Lyons our midfield never was going to win hopefully he's ok.

But is Bowes going to be a gun?
Not actually sure what he is good at. Seems measured.. or is that just getting confused with slow.

Hate to be pessimistic but a sign of a particular area of skill would be great!

Sorry got to pull you up here darkwingduck.
I'm not a Hall fan - but he did team things today. 6 kicks 15 handballs - he actually tried to bring others into the game - not play it only himself.
Had only one shot at goal inside fifty which he nailed ...
Not sure you watched the game - but he wasn't our worst (Sexton, Lemmens, Bowes ) ?
nah mate. mostly handballs to players with s bloke breathing down their neck when he should've taken it himself. bad game sense.
I watch all the games and yes, again, he was our worst.

Bowes meds to play in the middle or twos.
Secco is a really really good 25th man on your list.
lemmens gives toughness that we surely lack, and it's naturally suited to the back pocket

Fundamentally to my eye we simply look shorter and skinnier than our opponents

If the opposition try to just bash us off the footy then we lose

We can discuss positives and negatives of the players, the game plan, skills etc but I feel in gut reaction we are plainly too little.

So depressing. We are still years away from the excitement and experience of playing a semi final.

Hall was on of our worst watching him live is terrible. Zero defensive effort, only time he attempts to tackle is if the player runs straight at him.
Tmac shouldn't play defence. Can't believe Leslie was dropped for him. He just has no idea how to defend. And when your defence has Lemmens, Sexton and Tmac in it, it's going to be tough.
Bowes needs some time in the midfield or defence, if no room for him there play him in reserves.
Ablett was the only player all night to show some poise and skill in the wet, he was a level above.
Pies were not that good, there game plan seemed to be get numbers to the contest and go long down the line?
Way to many turnovers in the first quarter that led to direct goals, as soon as we were 4 goals down and it started raining with two men down we were never going to win.
At least we didn't get blown off the park, but against a top 8 team I think we would have

McKenzie was atrocious. I understand that he had to take Reid because of May being injured but he just can't defend 1 on 1. He cost us about 4 or 5 goals which is unacceptable. I honestly don't know what he brings to the team other than a long kick.

McKenzie was atrocious. I understand that he had to take Reid because of May being injured but he just can't defend 1 on 1. He cost us about 4 or 5 goals which is unacceptable. I honestly don't know what he brings to the team other than a long kick.
He does not bring anything.

Hall was on of our worst watching him live is terrible. Zero defensive effort, only time he attempts to tackle is if the player runs straight at him.
Tmac shouldn't play defence. Can't believe Leslie was dropped for him. He just has no idea how to defend. And when your defence has Lemmens, Sexton and Tmac in it, it's going to be tough.
Bowes needs some time in the midfield or defence, if no room for him there play him in reserves.
Ablett was the only player all night to show some poise and skill in the wet, he was a level above.
Pies were not that good, there game plan seemed to be get numbers to the contest and go long down the line?
Way to many turnovers in the first quarter that led to direct goals, as soon as we were 4 goals down and it started raining with two men down we were never going to win.
At least we didn't get blown off the park, but against a top 8 team I think we would have
Spot on absolutely correct about Hall. Watched him very closely just to make sure that l'm just not scapegoating him. He's actually worse than l thought. The fact that he was dropped last year for the same issues and still gets a game now and the issues have actually regressed shows what a rabble our Football Dept is. Same with playing McKenzie over Leslie. And giving Lemmens the worst 15 games in a row at AFL level l've ever seen.
It is so obvious the football dept needs a complete clean out. They are just going through the motions. I've never seen a Football Dept more clearly and obviously in need of a complete clean out.
That team is so much better than last years team. Full midfield (with Lyons and Barlow added) one of the best tap ruckman in the AFL. Yet Eade and Co have actually managed to take them backwards it's unbelievable!

That team is so much better than last years team. Full midfield (with Lyons and Barlow added) one of the best tap ruckman in the AFL. Yet Eade and Co have actually managed to take them backwards it's unbelievable!
I think were most teams have a bottom 2-4 players (top 4 teams only have 1 or 2), we have a good 6-8 players not up to standard. No matter how hard we tried yesterday, and just when we looked like getting on a role, 1 of these players would do a simple turn over which the pies would then turn around and goal. Must be so frustrating for our better players.

I was hoping our lack of depth would not be as much of a factor this season with our top ten draft picks, 4 mature age recruits, and with JC's help an improved run with injuries... nope, our lack of depth is still very much the elephant in the room.

I reckon the elephant in the room along the same lines with a lack of depth is that so many players on our list have not got better under eade despite getting older and more experienced.

I refer to hall Mackenzie KK shaw lonergan hallahan lynch matera shaw grant sexton lemmens Nicholls

They are others I've forgotten, some of these guys have actually got worse, and they have all been around for quite a while.

Our player development is terrible and we need a cleanout. Rocket may be a good bloke but he has to go.

Why is it the swans can develop players ( often rookies and pick 57's in the neafl and then they come in a do well?

And we get high draft picks that show a bit in their first year or 2 and then get worse?

I reckon the elephant in the room along the same lines with a lack of depth is that so many players on our list have not got better under eade despite getting older and more experienced.

I refer to hall Mackenzie KK shaw lonergan hallahan lynch matera shaw grant sexton lemmens Nicholls

They are others I've forgotten, some of these guys have actually got worse, and they have all been around for quite a while.

Our player development is terrible and we need a cleanout. Rocket may be a good bloke but he has to go.

Why is it the swans can develop players ( often rookies and pick 57's in the neafl and then they come in a do well?

And we get high draft picks that show a bit in their first year or 2 and then get worse?
Totally agree. The reason is Eade is so addicted to covering behind excuses he now accepts mediocrity and continually excuses it.

Lynch kicked 66 goals and become captain under Eade, Matera was playing his best season before getting injured. Sexton wasn't near best 22 before Rocket, Hall although very up and down was terrible under Mckenna as a half forward. Players have definitely stagnated some just injured but there for sure has been players that have benefited from him coming to the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back