Review Rd 16 vs Sydney at SCG- Sat, 4.40pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Another crucial game for any hopes of finals or even just getting our most wins in a season. We've already won the same amount of games we won last year so that's a positive.

Hanley will surely miss, can't go off two weeks in a row. Ah Chee should be fine. Matera, KK might be back Hall could be a little longer. Rischa played his first full match in the NEAFL but i reckon he'll need one more.

Davis, Lonergan and Lemmens are potentially the first to go but dropping three in a win is unlikely. MacPherson was great in the reserves not sure if he comes back though.

For the Swans Mills might miss after that awful hit. Zac Jones could cop a week. We're going to need all the help we can get. We've never beaten the Swans, this is probably our best chance.

Need to play a full 4 quarters if we are any chance. If we do that then we can get over the top of them with our speed.
The SCG really does not suit our play style of switching. I think they will just bully us through the middle in the contested footy.
Buddy vs May (or does Leslie/Thompson take him?) will be a great battle.

Sorry for the intrusion. I agree with the previous poster that your speed, run and carry could really worry us. Should be a good contest.

Need to play a full 4 quarters if we are any chance. If we do that then we can get over the top of them with our speed.
The SCG really does not suit our play style of switching. I think they will just bully us through the middle in the contested footy.
May gets buddy cause buddy is more of a threat on the ground then in the air. Maysie is the most mobile of our tall defenders

Not much room for speed at the SCG - Lyons, Ablett, Lonergan have to match inside game of Kennedy Parker and Hannebery if we are to win....

It's not impossible this week .
We're due for an away upset and if we carry a decent team in there's a chance.
Lynch would have to bag a few but at the SCG mids and half forwards always do well because of the ground size.

Sorry for the intrusion. I agree with the previous poster that your speed, run and carry could really worry us. Should be a good contest.
No intrusion at all mate, Feel free to stick around for the week*

Praying to Ablett that it's not another wet weather Sydney game, We get roasted every single time.

Hoping that if Rory plays he can replicate his performance during a NAB Cup game vs the Hawks where he bent Buddy over and made him humble.

*Provided you aren't a trolling dick of course :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Hallahan needs to come in. Has been killing it at NEAFL and contested footy is a must.

Its the first time in a while the reserves are putting genuine pressure on the seniors , we have 3 boys by all reports coming in in Matera , KK and Hall , you would think those 3 will come straight back in.

Interesting to see a few comments about the size of the SCG. Wouldn't have thought it'd make too much difference this week though. Metricon is 6 metres longer, SCG is 2 metres wider. It's not a drastic difference like playing at a tight ground - e.g. Geelong, Homebush, Subiaco.

We have just come off a win, we were up by 7 or 8 goals at one stage so the talent is starting to shine through...
We have KK, Matera and Hall (don't agree, but probably will) to come in...
Rischa seems to be ticking all the boxes (is he ready?, probably give him one more in the magoos), Darcy was unfairly dropped and then responds with 30+ possies and a lazy 4 sausages..Hallahan was best on for about the third game in a row (will he get one more chance? I'm betting he would go better than touk), Bowes and Brodie probably deserve another chance after a nice block of consistent form, and then there is Joyce who may have just been managed and Mckenzie and Scrim...
So who comes out? Davis was ok but ok is not going to cut it, Lemmons may never be dropped because he tries soooo hard, pity he can't handball, kick or mark (where's Joe the cameraman to let the MC know what's what.)
Hanley will probably miss with injury... The MC really have their work cut out for them this week...
Thomo can do the job on Buddy because he is surprisingly quick. The Swans dropped Sincers for last week so we probably don't need the three talls down back...
I'd bring in Matera, KK and Hallahan for Lemmons Davis and Touk... Not sure about Leslie/Thomo, maybe name Joyce as an emergency and bring him in for one of them if the weather is bad or the Swannies look like reverting to their twin ruck strategy.
Rischa and Mcpherson miss out this week because it's Sydney in Sydney..

My only issue with Hallahan is he is a shittier, slower less versatile version of Lyons so he doesn't add anything extra really but I wouldn't be against him coming in.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Agree on the Hallahan for Touk.... he has been average and isnt much quicker than Hallahan. Sydney arent that quick in the midfield. Hallahan has a bit better inside game than Touk at the moment. Hallahan, Ablett, Lyons, Swallow, Lonergan is a pretty tough midfield.

I not to worried about Buddy up forward i think one of May or Rory will have him covered... Im more worried that someone like Papely, Rohan, or Heeney will bob up and kick a lazy 4 or 5.

After watching the reserves match on Saturday if we made only one change I'd bring in Hallahan.
Inside mid is always our biggest weakness.
Would rather Macpherson. More upside and has more versatility to rotate up forward during the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back