Game Day Rd 17, 2014 - Brisbane Lions vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Golby miss really killed us tonight. I wonder what happened this year to make him lose all his confidence.
He never even sets himself for the shot. Like he never expects to kick it. Coaches?

Very frustrating game.

It just didn't feel like we got going at all at any stage. West Coast was almost equally as shit.

Game was there to be won in the last but we couldn't get the job done and got a bit unlucky at the same time.

Not sure if our forward set up was part of the game plan, but it was atrocious all night and to me it looked like Leppa got out-coached.

Why did we have a congested forward line for most of the night with everyone waiting 70m from the ball for kicks over the top rather than having Merrett and others lead up the ground to be link men and clear out the congestion?

God I can't imagine that Lions team with Rocky in it losing that match. He is clearly now the heart and soul of our team - his effort lifts those around him like Browny's used to. You could clearly tell that was lacking out there tonight.

That Golby miss really killed us tonight. I wonder what happened this year to make him lose all his confidence.

It was poor but I thought it was a very solid game back in the side for the most part. Our finishing is so frustrating in general.

so close tonight

still loving the effort

just lacking a bit of class
Yep.
Thanks for sharing
We have some awesome kids, happy with the effort.
Next year we will be better ,hopefully the injuries and Rockys tummy punches will lessen.
Ni night all.

God I can't imagine that Lions team with Rocky in it losing that match. He is clearly now the heart and soul of our team - his effort lifts those around him like Browny's used to. You could clearly tell that was lacking out there tonight.
Yeah, but he needs to exercise some control. He should have been out there and has only himself to blame.

When our senior players can't stand up what chance does our young brigade stand? Credit to patful who played well as did stef.

Merrett and Adcock (adcocks 4th was a million times better than the first 3) played awful. The kicks into the fifty weren't flash, but his leads were very, very sub par.
Adcock didn't lead by example which is a captains best tool.

Love our young guys. They're stars in the making.

We really missed Rocky tonight.
Redden too.
Richy and Leuy and Stakes and last years Moloney too
Our young guys are very special though.

Raines tagging Shuey out of the game would have been handy too.

I thought Zorko did alright in the midfield tonight. Hopefully with more time in there this season he can improve.

Fair suck. McStay was robbed. Didn't cost us the game but three f……. umpires can't see that was a mark?
I hope we have some "mothers" at the club like some other clubs do......just to nurture him and make him (and others) feel like they are home in a homely environment.
You just want to look after him hey, such a special ,special player.
He is ours ,how lucky are we:)

Thought Harwood and Golby were great. Close was impressive early but for a guy who is meant to have elite endurance he does go missing in the second half.
He needs to kick goals
Big strong lad,I have faith this time next year we will be calling him Browny Junior.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Harwood and Golby were great. Close was impressive early but for a guy who is meant to have elite endurance he does go missing in the second half.

He did some very decent things up the ground in the second half. You need to remember he's 19 and was still our best leading forward. Ash edged him in the end as a forward but that's how it should be when you're 19. Give him another preseason and more than like 5 games experience

He needs to kick goals
Big strong lad,I have faith this time next year we will be calling him Browny Junior.
Yes, reckon he will be a long term forward for us, just very frustrating waiting for him and others to mature

Did a fair whack of ruck work in the 2nd half. Gotta take it out of him.

He needs to kick goals
He could have kicked 3. Pretty decent for a guy in his 9th game(not sure). Just needs to work on his goalkicking, which is strange as he usually converts.

He is definitly improving tho, l remember one bit where he was at the wing with his opponent. He not only brought the ball down to ground but he won it and kept it going forward.
He is also starting to makr more in the f50.

Yeah, but he needs to exercise some control. He should have been out there and has only himself to blame.

Nah I can't cop that.

He has received two of the softest suspensions in the history of the game. That we didn't fight them, especially the last one, just shows how weak we have become as a Club.

In any case, give me Rocky's effort and at times reckless competitiveness any day of the ****ing weak over some of the soft shit others in the team serve up.

Redden too.
Richy and Leuy and Stakes and last years Moloney too
Our young guys are very special though.

Yes...this year has turned into a bit of a shambles with Browny's retirement and our injuries...it is all about the coming years and we just have to suck up the rest of this season.

Wins over the Suns and Melbourne would be nice but the other games are tough asks...I will be very surprised if we don't take the best KPF that we can get our hands on in the draft and annoyed if we don't,as good a prospect as Petracca is.

I didn't mind Close in the ruck at first but given Merrett's last couple of weeks and how admirably he's performed in there in the past I'd be leaning towards letting him take 2nd ruck duties again next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back