AFL Toast Rd 17, 2018 - 44 point win against Gold Coast!

Remove this Banner Ad

Putrid; but we’d have lost that game in recent years so I’ll take it.

McNiece needs to take a leaf from Guelfi’s book and step up or he’ll blow his opportunity.

I’ll admit Baggins has been a whipping boy of mine over the years, but he is playing his role in the side reinvented as a forward.

What I really liked about the game was how comfortable I felt even at half that we'd have enough desperation to win this.

I wouldn't worry too much about our inefficiency up forward. We're missing a lot of class. A fit Daniher, Fantasia and an in form Stewart would fix that.

You happy with the way we played?

God no, but I'd like to think I've got my head screwed on well enough to realise that being severely undermanned and coming up with a comfortable night win on the gold coast where things tend to get dewy and slippery and essentially one big fat recipe for an upset is something we just take and move on.

Thrilled with that win. Didn't play our best, interstate, against a team with nothing to lose, it was the quintessential danger game.

Also, I can't praise Heppell enough. He's really lifted the past couple of months and the team has benefitted as a result - he and Bellchambers have tremendous chemistry in the centre.

Honestly we’re not going to make up 20% on the Hawks, Roos, etc. so percentage is not going to matter unless we’re level on wins with Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back