Autopsy Rd 17 2019 St Kilda 8 9 57 defeated by Geelong 12 12 84

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I just add that the umpiring was woeful. Why does Leigh Fisher umpire our games so often? Seriously it's ridiculous. How can an ex player umpire? Tonight we were destroyed by the umpiring. My favourite was when Ratugilea got a soft free, missed, ball kicked out and our player was clearly pushed in the back, no free, comes back in and he kicks a goal. Countless others though.

The umpiring tonight was unbearable. That's the advantage you get at a real home ground I guess.

Richo appears to agree

I think it's time for JB to get more centre square minutes..

Dominant around the ball when it's on his wing, need him in there fulltime

Marshall, Steele, Dunstan & Gresh is our future starting midfield. Billings can give them a chop out but much prefer him out in space. Ross is a conundrum.

Richo appears to agree

Good for him for putting it out there.
Pity the umps aren’t called out more often, we’ve had some terrible umpiring against us.
Obviously knows he’s got nothing to lose.

Marshall, Steele, Dunstan & Gresh is our future starting midfield. Billings can give them a chop out but much prefer him out in space. Ross is a conundrum.

I think I’d prefer Billings starting in the middle and Gresh starting up forward giving chop outs personally.

Ross needs to slow down and not throw the ball on his boot every time he touches it basically and he’d be alright.

The whole Acres GOAT nickname usage goes from being based on his ‘potential’ to being used as sarcasm/irony instantly.

For me the dial slipped to sarcasm this year.
Whenever I see him called GOAT, I just think of the Survivor definition of GOAT which is someone who did nothing and is carried to the end by someone else. Seems more appropriate in that context.

Gallant performance with some positives to take out.

Marshall is a star.

Hunter and Coff showing signs finally. Hunter in particular. Coffield has some defensive concentration to work on but that will come.

Steele did a good job on Kelly.

Gresh looked like a mid which was pleasing.

Wilkie, sav, Brown defend really well, as did Carlisle aside from a couple of lapses.

I couple passengers today in Acres and Paton, although Paton improved later in the game.

Bring Hannerbery and white in for acres and Paton. Looked like we missed Parker a bit forward with only two talls and acres being ordinary. But can’t see him coming in for one of Lonie, hind or long as they pressure well and looked dangerous enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Acres needs a spell.. shocking month of footy
He'll probably get a permanent rest at the end of the season. One of our few tradable commodities, but the last month has done some serious damage to his brand.

I was a big fan, but frankly I'm over him. Three years ago he looked like he could've been anything. Looks disinterested and continues to disappoint. Maybe a return home would spark him up. Part of a deal to lure Brad Hill to us? Could be win win for all concerned.

Acres and Sinclair need to go for mine. I dunno what exactly their roles are but for players of 69 and 79 games experience they should really be starting to play consistent footy. Both however can be complete passengers, if they turned it on more often we’d be much better for it. Whether it’s a coaching thing, confidence or both they could use some midfield minutes in the VFL racking up the footy.

Went far better than expected. Marshall is a ruck who can go forward, not a forward who can ruck. Absolute highlight of the season watching him come on. Clark looking sharper with every game, and Coffield looking more comfortable. It's great to see some green shoots...amongst the general disappointment. Dunstan, Long, & Steele looked good today. Another good game by Bruce too. He must be pipping Membrey for goals by now. On that note, it was a shame Membrey couldn't get going. Lonie, hopefully better for the run. Richo handled himself well in his press conference. Kind of gave to respect that. There's just a few out there looking despondent or uninterested. Pity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back