Autopsy Rd 17 2019 St Kilda 8 9 57 defeated by Geelong 12 12 84

Remove this Banner Ad

We looked promising at half time but we faded - eventually failing to score our stock standard 10 goals and change.
We did hold Geelong to a reasonable score - so there's that, but they shut us down after half time. Dispiriting.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Marshall was awesome. As was Clark. Liked Billings, Dunstan, Wilkie and Coff (despite the howler against Danger when he should have spoiled).

Thought Sinclair was bog ordinary. He lacks intensity. That play in the backline where he sold a player up s**t creek and cost us a goal. Not up to it. McKenzie was woeful aswell. Newnes and his kicking... oh boy.

It was a gutsy effort but the second half, after kicking 2 behinds to start it... pretty disappointing. It's just a mess at the moment. Feel for Richo, he really wants it, poor bloke.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
So do you want a ruck because we have another tall forward. Anyone wanting to stop Marshall rucking 80% has more rocks in their head
I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume the anesthetics are still affecting you.

If they're not - then stop making things up - I said forward/ruckman and said nothing about about Marshall.

PS - We've had your preferred forward set up all year (two "talls" and then smalls) - how's that working in your eyes?

Clearly so well that we can afford to move our only viable tall into the ruck every quarter - remind me again what our highest score for the year is again?

Stopped watching quarter time, did something else fritted past snippets of quarters ducking in front of heating.

Don't give one iota that we were leading at half time, the only things that changed were defensively and there was no chance whatsoever that we have anything sufficient enough to outscore paraplegics.

I feel I accomplished something by not watching us play a full match, which is more than I'm sure 70% of those whom wore shorty shorts this evening.

Geary Is GOAT

Premiership Player
May 4, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
So sick of us choking after half time. Missed two really gettable goals to start the third and then just faded.

Same story as against Richmond.

Lots of positive though; midfield worked well in particular Dunstan and Steele. Bruce looked amazing until he got hurt. Hunter also fantastic looks like he's coming of age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gosaints12

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ferrari
I thought we played a good game tonight. Clark, Bruce, Coff, Roma, Steele, Dunstan all had really good games. I thought they just over ran us in the second half. We kicked 2.6 after half time. 4.4 would have made it interesting. Good job boys well done.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 5, 2016
Everywhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
We are sick of honourable losses, poor losses and floggings.
We are sick of watching a team that cant kick more than 9 or 10 goals a game.
We are sick of poorly skilled players.
We are sick of watching our players often trying really hard but playing just dumb football.
We are sick of our team/club being treated with contempt by the opposition and umpires.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume the anesthetics are still affecting you.

If they're not - then stop making things up - I said forward/ruckman and said nothing about about Marshall.

PS - We've had your preferred forward set up all year (two "talls" and then smalls) - how's that working in your eyes?

Clearly so well that we can afford to move our only viable tall into the ruck every quarter - remind me again what our highest score for the year is again?
I have never ever said it should be 2 talls. I’ve said if you have 3 talls they must be good players. Pretty sure injury has effected us more than not playing 3 talls. Next year batting injury we will have Marshall rucking and king membery and Bruce as marking players. Surely we don’t need another tall who is a regular senior player? Yes or no?

Indie Rock

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Game was good first half, meh second half. Typical of us at the moment really, game just petered out and got away from us.

Final score was way better than everyone expected. Wasn’t overly impressed with Geelong at all, they looked below par.

Lots to like from the team.

Marshall brilliant again.

Clark was great, looking better each week.

Liked the campaigner side of Steele’s game.

Bruce in amongst the goals again. Can’t wait to get Max King in there beside him.

Few absent players again, Acres prob the biggest culprit.

Looking forward to another coach having a crack with this list and hopefully taking the club forward.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Some encouraging signs

Hunter playing like I saw him in the under 18's, class and poise, has got used to the speed of seniors and is a beautiful user of the football.
Worth every bit of pick 7.

Coff, getting better, like Clark getting the feel of the game at this level.

Marshall, wow how did everyone miss this kid. I hoped he could be a serviceable ruckman but he continues to grow and is arguably our best midfielder.

Dunstan and Steele are in desperate need of some class inside.
Gres a bit down this year but is an excellent player.
Billings, keeps racking up the possessions and has developed.

Wilkie has been excellent this year.

We put Hanners Webster and Gears in the team and we may win a couple more this year.

All in all a bit disappointed but relieved the result wasn"t a flogging.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Can I just add that the umpiring was woeful. Why does Leigh Fisher umpire our games so often? Seriously it's ridiculous. How can an ex player umpire? Tonight we were destroyed by the umpiring. My favourite was when Ratugilea got a soft free, missed, ball kicked out and our player was clearly pushed in the back, no free, comes back in and he kicks a goal. Countless others though.

The umpiring tonight was unbearable. That's the advantage you get at a real home ground I guess.

bennymc7

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Throw Hunter in the guts for a game and see what happens..

Dunstan, Marshall, Wilkie, Steele, Billings all good tonight

Too many passengers..

Hind and Sinclair invisible, would bring Parker back in after a spell and Hanners as well

borderbarry

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2006
Wodonga
AFL Club
St Kilda
Enjoyed the game of some of the youngsters. Marshall and Clarke in particular. Long and Coff and Paton show a bit but need to get more involved. overall it was not disappointiing

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Stopped watching quarter time, did something else fritted past snippets of quarters ducking in front of heating.

Don't give one iota that we were leading at half time, the only things that changed were defensively and there was no chance whatsoever that we have anything sufficient enough to outscore paraplegics.

I feel I accomplished something by not watching us play a full match, which is more than I'm sure 70% of those whom wore shorty shorts this evening.
That is a very disgusting post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back