Game Day Rd 17 Preview / Tribute

Do you agree - your Teams Sensitive Data being Publicly available to Competitors

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
cactus def.png

Round 17’s a funny old time of year.

For those whose squads have racked up more underpant stains than contested possies, enthusiasm starts to wane as attentions turn to planning for next year’s inevitable triumph.

For those still in with a chance at a personal best in overall or league triumphs, or who just aren’t prepared to be that ghost ship that wreaks havoc with the ladder in the lead-up to finals, the number of decisions to make each week gradually reduces, but it doesn’t stop us agonizing over them.

But alongside us workman-like travelers, the honest toilers, there are those destined for greater things, those whose momentum could well lead them to overall glory, to laying claim to being the numero uno in the entire country.

And this year, we’ve got one in our midst. Like some incredible finishes and charges we’ve witnessed over the years (Seymour Skinner and Barry Roundhouse spring to mind in recent times, alongside too many others to list who’ve been right at the pointy end right at the death, whether it be a toxic, a Birchy, a Sydney Kicker, a Northern Soul, MacStradbroke, CROW in Bali, the list goes on and on). No flies on the BF SC board. We're a touch looser than the average bear, but no less smart. S-M-R-T, smart.
wearethechampions.gif

This year’s man of the moment is the inimitable Cactus_ , currently sitting at the highest perch in the caper after a bold trade last week to keep his forward momentum up and land a magnificent 2,705 and open up a 150-pt lead at the top of the table over the competition. Seems to me it couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke, so let’s all get around the great man and put our positive thoughts into his squad’s players and quietly hope that the one or the other high-flying premo he doesn’t own is abducted by aliens on the run home and returned unharmed at the end of the year.

It’s destined to be a rollercoaster of emotions, but (at least so I’ve been told, I’m a nutless monkey compared to the aforementioned) he’s done a tremendous job dealing with the pressures and had the cojones to back himself in and take the risks necessary to give himself the best possible chance of crossing the finish line ahead of a top notch field.

Cactus_ is too modest to say this, but if we were him, we’d possibly be thinking…
kind of a big deal.gif

Alongside Cactus’s journey, there’s a heap still to play for for SCers of all shapes, sizes, colours and creeds with finals around the corner, final upgrades to ponder.

None of you need a numpty giving you advice, but as you toss up your options, there are a couple of things to keep in mind:
  • The fixture: Earlier in the year, the fixture did not really matter as much. At this time of year, it has to factor in more heavily. There may be some mid-priced options like a Jordan De Goey, a Harry McKay, a Tom Hawkins you could consider if you’re tight for cash, a Luke McDonald down back or a Matty Rowell in the MIDs. Have a quick look at their matchups over the upcoming weeks before you do. Sam Walsh, for example, is destined to cop an armchair ride from here on in as the oppo sends their number one tagger to try to quell Paddy Wow’s influence*.

* For the love of God and all things holy, that’s a joke, pls don’t sue me. Walsh could quite well cop tags in 2-3 of his remaining games. Good to see Dow progressing, though, genuinely.

• The value of a trade: At this time of year, sidewaysing becomes really tempting. We’ve all got that one bloke (a Daniel, a Cripps, a Bolton, a Sidey potentially) who’s let us down at the worst time. The temptation to move them on is huge. And it can work, no question. Just make sure you weigh up whether it’s worth the risk that you end up with no trades left and a gun premo MID going down with a month to go and having to try to cover him with a Dukey Newcombe or a Sharpy. Not here to talk anyone, especially experienced coaches, out of it, just be aware of the risk.

• Don’t go chasing waterfalls: Unless you’re trade and cash-rich, keep your budget in mind – not just for this week’s upgrade, but also the weeks to come, when you go shopping. A Bont, a Zorko, these types are super-tempting and if you’ve got a legitimate way and it gives you peace of mind, get it done. But if it’s going to mean having to try to run two rookies out of F6 / F7, then maybe grab a Danger, an Oliver (in the hope he’s been in a heavier training block) and hope they match the blokes on a hot streak from here on out for less cash so you can get a legit F6 in the door. We just saw with poor old CCJ that we need to expect the unexpected. He torpedoed more trade plans than I’ve had hot dinners, the poor bugger .

Waterfalls.gif

Anyway, here’s cheers to our succulent SC savant, we’ll all be crossing our fingers for you on the run home.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
The points rain soft upon your players on-field and until we meet again,
May the SC Gods hold you gently in the palm of their hands.

greatestofalltime.gif

So whether you’re already kicking back at the bar of the No Trades Saloon taking one off the wood, have had a crook year and a gearing up for a Mad Monday ending with you having a poorly drawn phallus tattooed to your forehead in the streets of Kuta or just hoping to Christ the COVID gear winds down sooner or later, keep Cactus_ in your thoughts on your way through. Happy trails, campaigners.

Di Caprio Cheers.gif

Last edited:
This will end up far too long with proper match reviews (I’m not a patch on Loosey), and I don’t know how the games will be sequenced at time of writing, but fwiw, will try and cover them all before the round starts. Here's the first three:

Port Adelaide vs Melbourne:

Battle of two heavyweights, and although Port has not hit the heights vs top teams this year, it’s also had some important injuries to deal with. One of those, Zak Butters,will likely make his return and he’s definitely one to keep an eye on if you’ve got a FWD slot to fill. Will not come cheap, though (501k, BE 140-odd, could drop to around 460-ish over a couple of weeks). Travis Boak apparently went in for scans on the hamstring. At this stage seems to be right to go, but that’d be enough to spook me, tbh.

Christian Petracca could have had an all-time season, but his delivery into FWD 50 has let him down a lot, alongside a need to develop his tank slightly. If you think he can tidy that up, he represents real value at 542k. Clarry Oliver has been strangely out of sorts over the last month (or maybe it’s just variance). Either way, at 599k and with a BE of 160, he’s one you could eye off in a week or two. Clearly has the quality. Maxy Gawn’s output is being curtailed by Dogga Jackson being a bloody good young footballer and sharing ruck duties. No reason to panic, but probably a reason to hold off on VC/C calls for the time being. Stunning Steven May is the bloke I should have kept over Shorty on form over the last couple of weeks. Multiple avenues to score, good decision maker. Not ‘value’ at 514k, but solid as the day is long and he’s been kept busier than expected.

Brisbane vs St Kilda:

Zorko the Magnificent
caused quite the stir on the weekend with his ton off minimal touches. But you can’t just ignore the 12 tackles, the goals, the goal assist and other acts. Yes, I hate the prick, too, but no qualms about his score. A floor of 100 in a game where he was just going is frightening. He’ll set you back 655k and may even rise slightly with a BE of 111 .One for those with deep pockets and complete teams.

Lachie Neale will hopefully return; for the early adopters, he hasn’t really worked out. The 156 vs North was great, but that’s about the extent of it. Win some, lose some. Zac Bailey is a cheaper alternative with DPP, a three rd avg of 122 and a comparatively affordable price tag of 500k. Jarryd Lyons’ ownership is realistically still too low. Just rocks up, belts out a 120-130 and hits the showers. 631k is about good weight for a bloke going at 121 avg and a 3-rd avg of 128. Joey Daniher won’t be a top 6 forward and will have the odd game like last week’s 58, but the role is fundamentally good and he is not a must-upgrade by any means. If he’s your F6, you might only be giving up a handful of points a week and can certainly just save the trade and run him to the death.

On the Saints’ side, there are a few options, but realistically the main bloke to focus on is Jack Steele. His 154 was a great result for those who didn’t have the VC on Parish / Danger types (which is most of us), and he was fantastic value when he dropped back to around 570k(?) a few weeks back. 655k is not cheap, so if you’re in need of more value, you may be better looking elsewhere, but he’s rock solid.

Carlton vs Geelong:

This is a game with a number of options, but there’s a few to focus in on. To keep things brief:

Sam Walsh represents real value at 554k, but have a look at his fixture first and make sure you’re comfortable with it. Has 120-upside in him, but 1-2 tags could make that hard to achieve. Jacob Weitering receives no press and he’s a touch off the topliners in DEF with a 92.5 avg, but he’s a really solid type and deserves to at least be mentioned off the back of a 3-rd avg of 113.

Patrick Cripps laboured on a bung foot on the weekend, the latest in a litany of injuries. He’s not one to consider this year, although he could still come good, but he honestly deserves ot be cut some slack for fronting up with injuries that would have had others sidelined for an extended period. It’s a worry long-tem, though, you have to worry about his longevity.

With Sam Docherty out, Nic Newman (428k, good for a 9o_Odd with some upside), Zac Williams (but * me, you’d be brave to pick him with his injury history) will set you back 457k for a 3-rd avg of 98 and a little upside, and you could also make a case for Adam Saad (468k, 101 avg over the last three).

For those low on trades and liquidity, it is worth mentioning Paddy Dow. He’s risen 100k in price over the last two weeks post-return. He’s getting CBAs, he’s actually doing well in traffic and if you want to grab a (comparatively) cheap DPP floater, at 291k, you could contemplate him. He’s still got things to work on and there are no guarantees, but he’s looked a lot better playing the role he is suited to. We’re a bit harsh on these kids sometimes, the path's not always linear.

Dow.png

The Cats have had some injuries rule out Mitch Duncan and Cam Guthrie as options (Guthrie is still getting out there but doesn’t seem right, one to hold off on and maybe grab dirt cheap). Joel Selwood deserves a mention for going 105-ish and missing no games, but the two main options to cover here are Patrick Dangerfield and Tom Stewart.

Danger rewarded those who jumped on with a 184 and looked unphased ankle-wise. He’s unfortunately risen to 533k with a BE of 32, so if you’re keen on him in the short term, this round is the time to get on. Stewie (533k) returned to form with a 107 after a disastrous score the week prior off a bad matchup on Cameron the week prior. With a BE of 148, you can wait a week.

With Jeremy Cameron out, your guess is as good as mine as to whether that helps or hurts Tom Hawkins (460k, 3-rd avg of 75, full season 92). If you’re bringing him in, it’s because you believe in his upcoming fixture and ability to deliver the odd brace of snags in the weeks to come

Last edited:
Essendon vs Adelaide:
He’s basically an afterthought given his high ownership levels, but Rory Laird’s season has been one for the ages. He and Callum Mills have shown that yes, there’s a place for defenders getting the lion’s share of kick-ins (cf. the Cumm Express), but DEF-eligible MIDs have their place, too. At 606k, he doesn’t come cheap, but given every person and their canine pal have him, it doesn’t really matter.

Reilly O’Brien hasn’t had the season we might have hoped for, but he was impacted early on due to the back issue. Tex Walker (401k, avg 93) could be a mid-priced option on the run home for those short on cash, but did pick up a stiff neck on the weekend, so he doesn’t come without risk. Ben Keays and the Seed have both had very solid years and would both have been super-solid draft selections without quite hitting the heights in classic.
rob.gif
That's it, ROB. Keep dancing and no harm will come to your family. We promise.

On the Bombers front, Zach Merrett (591k, 112 avg, 115 3-rd avg) has been a solid if unspectacular starting selection and is a good option for those with a final MID spot to fill and the big dogs already tucked away .Darcy Parish is reassuringly expensive at 690k, but you get what you pay for and a 5-rd avg of nigh-on 150 is insane. Breakout season and the midfielder the Bombers were searching for was hiding in plain sight on their list the whole time.

Jordan Ridley has gotten a greater share of kick-ins and some friendlier direct matchups, resulting in a 3.rd avg of 110. At 495k, if you think that will continue, he’s a valid option, but the DEF line is likely already full up for most.

Nick Hind (480k, 92 avg) remains a solid FWD option in a weak crop. Kyle Langford has had a couple of ‘almost’ games lately where he has had teammates miss him, the ball trickle out of bounds in front of him or been unsharp on the disposal front himself. That his CBAs have dried up is a concern. Realistically, he’s more an 80-85 type if that continues and definitely not a trade-in target.

Dyson Heppell is one not highly owned but who has been an excellent starting MID selection on the whole. Jake Stringer is like the little girl with the curl – when he’s good, he’s very, very good and when he’s bad, he’s horrible. In a rich vein of form currently. If you go him, strap yourself in and get your heart checked out beforehand, she'll be in for a workout.
stringer.gif
Hi, my name's Jake, but my friends call me The Package. I like moonlight walks along the beach, fiery discussions on the relationship between Sartre and nihilist discourse against the backdrop of modern agrararianist counterculture and covering my chest in absolutely ******* atrocious tatts.

GWS vs GCS:
The options here pretty much speak for themselves.

Touk Miller has attained SP status with an avg of 121 and a 5-rd avg of 133. At 639k, he’s exxy, but worth it. Jack Lukosious may be a cheaper DEF option at 423k and a better role of late (3-rd avg back up to 90 after a dry spell), but I’d probably go Nick Haynes, who still represents marginal value at 424k.

Josh Kelly (582k, 107 avg, 118 5-rd avg) is peaking and represents some value (and injury risk). Tim Taranto has done the job for his 450k-ish starting price, delivering a 102-avg on the year. He’s clearly more a DT option, though.

Isaac Cumming, who has been in and out of everyone’s squads over the years, has put together a tremendous season at the price. A 93-avg and 100 5-rd avg are sensational, full stop. Toby Greene will have fluctuations in his output; at 478k and a 93-avg, there’s nothing wrong with him, but Bailey Dale would be a superior option at a cheaper price (imo).

This has nothing to do with any of these players, but Oleg's first ballot HoF in the gif stakes. What a lad.

Hawthorn vs Fremantle:
Tom Mitchell
is probably the standout option here (580k, 113 5-rd avg).

On the Freo front, Luke Ryan has been putting together fantastic output, but has missed games and never really been cheap enough to have been a viable pick-up. Andrew Brayshaw (532k, 108 5-rd avg) might tempt some, but he may draw some attention in upcoming fixtures. Nat Fyfe represents incredible upside in theory at 506k, but the shoulder makes it risky. Michael Walters would be an insane value selection if he got a sniff at CBAs, but he’s been exclusively forward most of the year. Would be a gutsy throw at the stumps to go him, even at 326k. Sean Darcy must be on your radar for 2022.

Josh Treacy deserves a bit of love. He’s a burly, willing young fella holding down a KPP spot at 19, at times copping a very good defender de to injuries to other tall targets. Owners will be pushing hard for OAM honours for his services during the bye rounds. He’ll be up and down for a while yet, but he’s a goer.
treacy.gif
So who'd big Hodor swallow whole, Cahuna? Flog Zorko, mate. Serves the little runt right for getting lippy.

Sam Frost is proof of the corruption of Criminal Data; how a mover that smooth has an avg of 65 on the year – it’s a deadset farce and just shows the alarming levels of Frostism in our society. These can only be combatted by dedicating the entire Rd 18 thread to the Frostdog Millionaire. Thoughts ImissFrosty ?

Frostism.png

Don't think I'll manage the other games, sorry, anyone else keen can cover the games below, a heap of relevant players in them. I'm a bit like Tony Lockett in his ill-fated comeback attempt, except I was never much chop to begin with. Have a good round; you'll be back in safer hands next week :thumbsu:

1625509659721.png

Last edited:

WaynesWorld19 Hope OK like this, will try to do some other games later tonight my time if I can. Main thing was the cactus intro in Loosey's absence.

View attachment 1171630

For those whose squads have racked up more underpant stains than contested possies, enthusiasm starts to wane as attentions turn to planning for next year’s inevitable triumph.

For those still in with a chance at a personal best in overall or league triumphs, or who just aren’t prepared to be that ghost ship that wreaks have with the ladder in the lead-up to finals, the number of decisions to make each week gradually reduces, but it doesn’t stop us agonizing over them.

But alongside us workman-like travelers, the honest toilers, there are those destined for greater things, those whose momentum could well lead them to overall glory, to laying claim to being the numero uno in the entire country.

And this year, we’ve got one in our midst. Like some incredible finishes and charges we’ve witnessed over the years (Seymour Skinner and Barry Roundhouse spring to mind in recent times, alongside too many others to list who’ve been right at the pointy end right at the death, whether it be a toxic, a Birchy, a Sydney Kicker, a Northern Soul, MacStradbroke, CROW in Bali, the list goes on and on). No flies on the BF SC board. We're a touch looser than the average bear, but no less smart. S-M-R-T, smart.
View attachment 1171631

This year’s man of the moment is the inimitable Cactus_, currently sitting at the highest perch in the caper after a bold trade last week to keep his forward momentum up and land a magnificent 2,705 and open up a 150-pt lead at the top of the table over the competition. Seems to me it couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke, so let’s all get around the great man and put our positive thoughts into his squad’s players and quietly hope that the one or the other high-flying premo he doesn’t own is abducted by aliens on the run home and returned unharmed at the end of the year.

It’s destined to be a rollercoaster of emotions, but (at least so I’ve been told, I’m a nutless monkey compared to the aforementioned) he’s done a tremendous job dealing with the pressures and had the cojones to back himself in and take the risks necessary to give himself the best possible chance of crossing the finish line ahead of a top notch field.

Cactus_ is too modest to say this, but if we were him, we’d possibly be thinking…
View attachment 1171634

Alongside Cactus’s journey, there’s a heap still to play for for SCers of all shapes, sizes, colours and creeds with finals around the corner, final upgrades to ponder.

None of you need a numpty giving you advice, but as you toss up your options, there are a couple of things to keep in mind:
  • The fixture: Earlier in the year, the fixture did not really matter as much. At this time of year, it has to factor in more heavily. There may be some mid-priced options like a Jordan De Goey, a Harry McKay, a Tom Hawkins you could consider if you’re tight for cash, a Luke McDonald down back or a Matty Rowell in the MIDs. Have a quick look at their matchups over the upcoming weeks before you do. Sam Walsh, for example, is destined to cop an armchair ride from here on in as the oppo sends their number one tagger to try to quell Paddy Wow’s influence*.

* For the love of God and all things holy, that’s a joke, pls don’t sue me. Walsh could quite well cop tags in 2-3 of his remaining games. Good to see Dow progressing, though, genuinely.

• The value of a trade: At this time of year, sidewaysing becomes really tempting. We’ve all got hat one bloke (a Daniel, a Cripps, a Bolton, a Sidey potentially) who’s let us down at the worst time. The temptation to move them on is huge. And it can work, no question. Just make sur you weigh up whether it’s worth the risk that you end up with no trades left and a gun premo MID going down with a month to go and having to try to cover him with a Dukey Newcombe or a Sharpy. Not here to talk anyone, especially experienced coaches, out of it, just be aware of the risk.

• Don’t go chasing waterfalls: Unless you’re trade and cash-rich, keep your budget in mind – not just for this week’s upgrade, but also the weeks to come, when you go shopping. A Bont, a Zorko, these types are super-tempting and if you’ve got a legitimate way and it gives you piece of mind, get it done. But if it’s going to mean having to try to run two rookies out of F6 / F7, then maybe grab a Danger, an Oliver (in the hope he’s been in a heavier training block) and hope they match the blokes on a hot streak from here on out for less cash so you can get a legit F6 in the door. We just saw with poor old CCJ that we need to expect the unexpected. He torpedoed more trade plans than I’ve had hot dinners, the poor bugger .

View attachment 1171636

Anyway, here’s cheers to our succulent SC savant, we’ll all be crossing our fingers for you on the run home.

View attachment 1171638

So whether you’re already kicking back at the bar of the No Trades Saloon taking one off the wood, have had a crook year and a gearing up for a Mad Monday ending with you having a poorly drawn phallus tattooed to your forehead in the streets of Kuta or just hoping to Christ the COVID gear winds down sooner or later, keep Cactus_ in your thoughts on your way through. Happy trails, campaigners.

View attachment 1171637
Stayed up past my bed time to finish reading that.....

Quality work gutsroy

I loved this, and I don't want to detract from the earnest tribute to Cactus_ that I think we're all behind, but couldn't help noticing that you're going for the edgy TLC reference and wanted to note that it was kind of done first by the late, great (oh wait ... he's not one of the dead ones yet) Paul McCartney in 1980.

View attachment 1171630

For those still in with a chance at a personal best in overall or league triumphs, or who just aren’t prepared to be that ghost ship that wreaks havoc with the ladder in the lead-up to finals, the number of decisions to make each week gradually reduces, but it doesn’t stop us agonizing over them.

View attachment 1171631

This year’s man of the moment is the inimitable Cactus_ , currently sitting at the highest perch in the caper after a bold trade last week to keep his forward momentum up and land a magnificent 2,705 and open up a 150-pt lead at the top of the table over the competition. Seems to me it couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke, so let’s all get around the great man and put our positive thoughts into his squad’s players and quietly hope that the one or the other high-flying premo he doesn’t own is abducted by aliens on the run home and returned unharmed at the end of the year.

View attachment 1171634

• The value of a trade: At this time of year, sidewaysing becomes really tempting. We’ve all got that one bloke (a Daniel, a Cripps, a Bolton, a Sidey potentially) who’s let us down at the worst time. The temptation to move them on is huge. And it can work, no question. Just make sure you weigh up whether it’s worth the risk that you end up with no trades left and a gun premo MID going down with a month to go and having to try to cover him with a Dukey Newcombe or a Sharpy. Not here to talk anyone, especially experienced coaches, out of it, just be aware of the risk.

• Don’t go chasing waterfalls: Unless you’re trade and cash-rich, keep your budget in mind – not just for this week’s upgrade, but also the weeks to come, when you go shopping. A Bont, a Zorko, these types are super-tempting and if you’ve got a legitimate way and it gives you peace of mind, get it done. But if it’s going to mean having to try to run two rookies out of F6 / F7, then maybe grab a Danger, an Oliver (in the hope he’s been in a heavier training block) and hope they match the blokes on a hot streak from here on out for less cash so you can get a legit F6 in the door. We just saw with poor old CCJ that we need to expect the unexpected. He torpedoed more trade plans than I’ve had hot dinners, the poor bugger .

View attachment 1171636

View attachment 1171638

View attachment 1171637
Absolutely brilliant.

I love writing these but nobody really laughs at their own jokes so I love reading what other people put out there and having a good old chuckle at work at 3am. We really are a splendid bunch on this board :moustache:

I loved this, and I don't want to detract from the earnest tribute to Cactus_ that I think we're all behind, but couldn't help noticing that you're going for the edgy TLC reference and wanted to note that it was kind of done first by the late, great (oh wait ... he's not one of the dead ones yet) Paul McCartney in 1980.

Was actually thinking more of the scene in The Other Guys, but didn't know how many were across that, and full disclosure, didn't even know about McCartney's rendition. Good gear, fills in the gaps due to my cultural philistinism. :moustache:

View attachment 1171630

View attachment 1171631

View attachment 1171634

View attachment 1171636

View attachment 1171638

View attachment 1171637
Serious, what do some of you blokes do for a living! Outstanding write ups, in a lingo that we semi normal folk love. Keep up the good work it’s well and truly appreciated. ❤️ ❤️

Essendon vs Adelaide:
He’s basically an afterthought given his high ownership levels, but Rory Laird’s season has been one for the ages. He and Callum Mills have shown that yes, there’s a place for defenders getting the lion’s share of kick-ins (cf. the Cumm Express), but DEF-eligible MIDs have their place, too. At 606k, he doesn’t come cheap, but given every person and their canine pal have him, it doesn’t really matter.

Reilly O’Brien hasn’t had the season we might have hoped for, but he was impacted early on due to the back issue. Tex Walker (401k, avg 93) could be a mid-priced option on the run home for those short on cash, but did pick up a stiff neck on the weekend, so he doesn’t come without risk. Ben Keays and the Seed have both had very solid years and would both have been super-solid draft selections without quite hitting the heights in classic.
View attachment 1171680
That's it, ROB. Keep dancing and no harm will come to your family. We promise.

On the Bombers front, Zach Merrett (591k, 112 avg, 115 3-rd avg) has been a solid if unspectacular starting selection and is a good option for those with a final MID spot to fill and the big dogs already tucked away .Darcy Parish is reassuringly expensive at 690k, but you get what you pay for and a 5-rd avg of nigh-on 150 is insane. Breakout season and the midfielder the Bombers were searching for was hiding in plain sight on their list the whole time.

Jordan Ridley has gotten a greater share of kick-ins and some friendlier direct matchups, resulting in a 3.rd avg of 110. At 495k, if you think that will continue, he’s a valid option, but the DEF line is likely already full up for most.

Nick Hind (480k, 92 avg) remains a solid FWD option in a weak crop. Kyle Langford has had a couple of ‘almost’ games lately where he has had teammates miss him, the ball trickle out of bounds in front of him or been unsharp on the disposal front himself. That his CBAs have dried up is a concern. Realistically, he’s more an 80-85 type if that continues and definitely not a trade-in target.

Dyson Heppell is one not highly owned but who has been an excellent starting MID selection on the whole. Jake Stringer is like the little girl with the curl – when he’s good, he’s very, very good and when he’s bad, he’s horrible. In a rich vein of form currently. If you go him, strap yourself in and get your heart checked out beforehand, she'll be in for a workout.
View attachment 1171681
Hi, my name's Jake, but my friends call me The Package. I like moonlight walks along the beach, fiery discussions on the relationship between Sartre and nihilist discourse against the backdrop of modern agrararianist counterculture and covering my chest in absolutely ******* atrocious tatts.

GWS vs GCS:
The options here pretty much speak for themselves.

Touk Miller has attained SP status with an avg of 121 and a 5-rd avg of 133. At 639k, he’s exxy, but worth it. Jack Lukosious may be a cheaper DEF option at 423k and a better role of late (3-rd avg back up to 90 after a dry spell), but I’d probably go Nick Haynes, who still represents marginal value at 424k.

Josh Kelly (582k, 107 avg, 118 5-rd avg) is peaking and represents some value (and injury risk). Tim Taranto has done the job for his 450k-ish starting price, delivering a 102-avg on the year. He’s clearly more a DT option, though.

Isaac Cumming, who has been in and out of everyone’s squads over the years, has put together a tremendous season at the price. A 93-avg and 100 5-rd avg are sensational, full stop. Toby Greene will have fluctuations in his output; at 478k and a 93-avg, there’s nothing wrong with him, but Bailey Dale would be a superior option at a cheaper price (imo).

This has nothing to do with any of these players, but Oleg's first ballot HoF in the gif stakes. What a lad.

Hawthorn vs Fremantle:
Tom Mitchell
is probably the standout option here (580k, 113 5-rd avg).

On the Freo front, Luke Ryan has been putting together fantastic output, but has missed games and never really been cheap enough to have been a viable pick-up. Andrew Brayshaw (532k, 108 5-rd avg) might tempt some, but he may draw some attention in upcoming fixtures. Nat Fyfe represents incredible upside in theory at 506k, but the shoulder makes it risky. Michael Walters would be an insane value selection if he got a sniff at CBAs, but he’s been exclusively forward most of the year. Would be a gutsy throw at the stumps to go him, even at 326k. Sean Darcy must be on your radar for 2022.

Josh Treacy deserves a bit of love. He’s a burly, willing young fella holding down a KPP spot at 19, at times copping a very good defender de to injuries to other tall targets. Owners will be pushing hard for OAM honours for his services during the bye rounds. He’ll be up and down for a while yet, but he’s a goer.
View attachment 1171685
So who'd big Hodor swallow whole, Cahuna? Flog Zorko, mate. Serves the little runt right for getting lippy.

Sam Frost is proof of the corruption of Criminal Data; how a mover that smooth has an avg of 65 on the year – it’s a deadset farce and just shows the alarming levels of Frostism in our society. These can only be combatted by dedicating the entire Rd 18 thread to the Frostdog Millionaire. Thoughts ImissFrosty ?

View attachment 1171684

Don't think I'll manage the other games, sorry, anyone else keen can cover the games below, a heap of relevant players in them. I'm a bit like Tony Lockett in his ill-fated comeback attempt, except I was never much chop to begin with. Have a good round; you'll be back in safer hands next week :thumbsu:

View attachment 1171686

Brilliant!
We need frosty memorial round, frostism is running wild atm, we gotta raise awareness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WaynesWorld19 Hope OK like this, will try to do some other games later tonight my time if I can. Main thing was the cactus intro in Loosey's absence.
Mmmm ......understating one's achievements ....very subtle, but I like it ;)

Just so people don't get a mistaken impression, where that index skews the data to an extent is that it's based on strict logic. A player is either a premo, a keeper, or a 'cash cow'.
In the majority of cases, that's fine, but let's say you've got a Caleb Daniel. He has an average of 88, which is below the 90 minimum cutoff for a keeper (premos are 100+ down back, pretty sure).
So he counts as zero points in the premo/keeper analysis, which is not ideal depending on what you're using the index for.
Potentially overstates gap in total output.
Alternative would be to take the highest n on-field scorers per line based on average, that would be a truer indicator of firepower week to week.
You've got Daniel, your mate has Short, your sides are otherwise identical, he ends up looking 92 pts better on paper (Short at 92 makes the cut for a keeper, Daniel with 88 dips out, but they're actually only 4 pts apart.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back