Review Rd 17. SUNS vs Bulldogs @ Cairns 7.25

Remove this Banner Ad

Have a soft spot for Gold Coast (like Eade, Harbrow, Gaz) and they've slowly become my 2nd team.

Tough part of the season especially when you have an uncanny amount of injuries, the rest of the year is trying to who stays on the list and turn ok players into consistent best 22 players.

I agree with a post above the one thing it looks like you guys have is a talented spine in progress. Actually think May and Thompson have gone a little backwards this season but if they can learn to play the percentages a spine of Lynch, Wright, Thompson and May is something to look forward to. The big challenge for Eade is to find bottom 5-10 best 22 players who are consistent and can perform their role (hard with a young losing team but it will come) the quicker Eade can find these players the more your stars will excel. How do you guys rate Nicholls? Hearing dogs are interested.

Also stated you need 4-5 mids minimum to get 25 touches a game.
I doubt we'd ever had 4 players get 25 touches.
Expect Clayton to pick up more ball magnets like Fiorini and Prestia etc
30plus touches a game in the TAC please.
The more we can use the silky Bowes on the outside the better.

I like the sound of this. Bring some players in who are good old-fashioned footballers, rather than the next big thing athlete, x-factor, potential game breaker type. Like what the bulldogs have done with the likes of Daniel, Hunter, Wallis, Dunkley, etc. Players who can get the ball and have a footy brain.

Hopefully will be a good head-start with Bowes and Scheer and hopefully one or two more.

I like the sound of this. Bring some players in who are good old-fashioned footballers, rather than the next big thing athlete, x-factor, potential game breaker type. Like what the bulldogs have done with the likes of Daniel, Hunter, Wallis, Dunkley, etc. Players who can get the ball and have a footy brain.

Hopefully will be a good head-start with Bowes and Scheer and hopefully one or two more.

Exactly the type of players I was suggesting in my above post. The last 2-3 seasons we've really picked players in the 30-60 range who we know can play footy no matter the lack of speed/height. These high half forwards/rotating mids were all very good last night (Wallis, Stevens, Daniel, Dunkley, Jong)

Even O'Meara only averages less than 22 possessions a game. Other than Gaz and Dion, we've never had any ball magnets. Our problems seem to be hanging onto the ball as much as getting it. We've turn it over like nobody else over the last 5 1/2 years.

Very true.

But to turn it over first you must have it.
Which is an issue ATM.

The more you have it the more pressure is on the opposition.
I'd rather have the ball more then not have it.
The more we pump it into our 50 the more chance Wright and lynch have of kicking a massive score.

Can always work on skills.

Can't teach kids to find the ball 30 times a game.
Pretty much born with it

Steven May totally destroyed the Package.
Matt Shaw run and ball use is excellent.
Can someone tell Tom Nicholls to jump and use his arms in the ruck contest.
Suns need a new list manager.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back