Preview Rd 18 2017 Sydney v St Kilda @ SCG - Saturday 22 July (preview on page 8, post #191)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus he's actually done well this year, not as if he's come in and been terrible. Kicked some goals, competed in the ruck. Not the worst inclusion, and he's clearly our best like for like replacement for Reid. People forget when Sinclair played for West Coast he was basically a forward who pinch hit in the ruck as they had Nic Nat, etc. He will do fine. Dawson you could make a case for but as I said earlier in the week I'm glad they didn't- he isn't a forward, he's a mid who can drift forward.

His ruck work has been very good.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No im not, you stated he was clunking marks, kicking goals and winning the ruck. Very well to do it in the ressies but he certainly hasn't been doing it in the AFL. He was dropped. Clearly one ruckman is better than two because Sinclair simply doesn't get noticed! That's how good he's going. The only way he could get back is with Reid out and once Sam and Tippett return...he'll be back where he belongs clunking marks, kicking goals and winning taps in the amateur league of the NEAFL!
Well I think he was doing those things at AFL level. Not saying he was dominant but I just don't think you're giving him due credit for his lift in form this year.

Let's see how he goes on Saturday night.

Well I think he was doing those things at AFL level. Not saying he was dominant but I just don't think you're giving him due credit for his lift in form this year.

Let's see how he goes on Saturday night.
Yes, your opinion is different to mine and there's nothing wrong with that! No point going round and round in circles but it will be interesting to see how his AFL career pans out, especially tomorrow!

The way things are going this year, with all the doom and gloomers and their predictions, we'll win the flag, Tippett will kick 6 in the Grand Final, Sinclair will take a dozen marks and dominate the hit outs, and BJ will just pip Towers for the Norm Smith.

Stop writing off players, people, you're almost always wrong.

Robinson is a very good two way player. Can shut down players, find his own ball too and is good all around. Very handy player.
He has a pretty boring name though.

He has a pretty boring name though.

His mum was far from boring......

Anne-Bancroft-Mrs-Robinson-balcka-nd-white-pic.jpg

Robinson is a very good two way player. Can shut down players, find his own ball too and is good all around. Very handy player.
Reckon Dan is a cracker of a player & often underrated.

Injury has impacted him the last few years & without all those injuries I reckon he would have been a lock in the seniors (ala Hewy/Lloyd) all 2016 & 17. Before he did his shoulder I thought he was playing some really great footy for us and had come out of pre-season as the clear bolter along with Paps IMO.

Very similar path (excluding the injuries) to your Hewys & Lloydy's of the side. Initially not thought of as overly amazing "talent" but do their time in NEAFL and build their game. Fly under the radar as nothing more than good solid depth & the first to be called to be dropped each week... get a few games here and there then suddenly they are delivering consistently without much fuss or comment. It won't be until he tears a few games apart that the media will notice him & thus those on the board will suddenly jump on board as if they've been his biggest supporter since day dot... Until then, he'll keep copping it for being "slow" or something and the first dropped when in actual fact (IMO) he's a pretty safe option each week who has great potential to become an important component of our midfield.

I just hope he can remain injury free for a while now *fingers crossed*

Reckon Dan is a cracker of a player & often underrated.

Injury has impacted him the last few years & without all those injuries I reckon he would have been a lock in the seniors (ala Hewy/Lloyd) all 2016 & 17. Before he did his shoulder I thought he was playing some really great footy for us and had come out of pre-season as the clear bolter along with Paps IMO.

Very similar path (excluding the injuries) to your Hewys & Lloydy's of the side. Initially not thought of as overly amazing "talent" but do their time in NEAFL and build their game. Fly under the radar as nothing more than good solid depth & the first to be called to be dropped each week... get a few games here and there then suddenly they are delivering consistently without much fuss or comment. It won't be until he tears a few games apart that the media will notice him & thus those on the board will suddenly jump on board as if they've been his biggest supporter since day dot... Until then, he'll keep copping it for being "slow" or something and the first dropped when in actual fact (IMO) he's a pretty safe option each week who has great potential to become an important component of our midfield.

I just hope he can remain injury free for a while now *fingers crossed*

I think he is not going to make it past 50 games, but if he does will happily eat humble pie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I ask why not mate?

Tries his guts out, dont question his heart or approach

Just dont see the skills to succeed long term at this level, whats his position?

He is a cheap list option, so he has tha and will give you a more than a B Jack, perhaps even a Rose etc, but yeah dont see it thats all. Just a view, think florent and hayward look better for instance and come next year would both be picked ahead of him for a start

Tries his guts out, dont question his heart or approach

Just dont see the skills to succeed long term at this level, whats his position?

He is a cheap list option, so he has tha and will give you a more than a B Jack, perhaps even a Rose etc, but yeah dont see it thats all. Just a view, think florent and hayward look better for instance and come next year would both be picked ahead of him for a start
Tagging players seems to be back in vogue thanks to JJ so Robinson does a pretty good job of that. He could be this generation's Craig Bird for us. If he's depth then that's great because he's a really reliable player if we can hang onto him.

Tagging players seems to be back in vogue thanks to JJ so Robinson does a pretty good job of that. He could be this generation's Craig Bird for us. If he's depth then that's great because he's a really reliable player if we can hang onto him.

Future Brownlow medallist?

Craig bird was never a tagger really though

They tried at the end a bit

Robinson could be a Simon Phillips

Craig bird was never a tagger really though

They tried at the end a bit

Robinson could be a Simon Phillips

Robbo is already a far superior player to Phillips. Robbo is quality. He has a huge fitness base. He is a very clean handler of the ball. He is genuine quality. Genuine quality. If his shoulders can hold up, he'll be a fixture in the Swans side for a number of years and an important fixture at that.

They play different roles though. Hayward is that pressure forward/marking target type player, so of course you're going to notice his 1v1 capabilities and his pressure acts inside 50. Florent has been all over the place. At times he's been a small forward, other times he's been a outside midfielder, and he's even played a little as an inside mid. So he's not had the chance to sort of thrive in any major role yet unlike Hayward. You could compile an impressive highlights reel of both of them and they'd be equally as impressive but neither are impacting games enough to be part of our best 22. That was more where I was going with the stats

Fair call. I agree with that, and it's actually why I think Hayward is best 22. We currently have a role for him and he's proven he can do it. I would rather have him out there than Towers or Robinson - and I think both of them have been solid. Florent genuinely doesn't look like he has a role at the moment, which is why I wouldn't have him in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back