Preview Rd 18 2017 Sydney v St Kilda @ SCG - Saturday 22 July (preview on page 8, post #191)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

also agree that we need to come out with a solid composed opening q and bring that early pressure tonight. we should really try and close them down hard off the ball and not let them run through any open space, or at least to the very minimum.

both sides obviously know how vital a win will so no doubt the saints hustle for an upset which i just dont see esp as not at home but it will be up to us - (again) our approach from the start. i reckon we'll see mcveighs quick little reactions as we did v gws last week right off the bat put us in control. just sayin, we shouldn't obv rely to what he or any one player does to respond, as long as continuous support for one another as a team then i reckon we will basically charge towards a blow em out by 50+ and something like 20+ goals in total.

AND got a gut feel Aliir will absolutely fire up and big budz to boot atleast 5

:))

Just feels like this could be a loss the more I think about it. Hurry up 5.25 !!

can't believe you feel that way after 9 wins from 10, under 70 pts against on avg nearly every single game, cant * with that! pumped in confidence. we won the last 7 consecutive games v saints, they haven't won in sydney since like 2009 and we've dropped over 100 pts in each of the 7 wins i think. despite their quality this season, their rank and winning 4 from their last 5 -- they know damn well who they're facing in round 18. if we don't least win i wont see myself getting over it for *in ages. atleast feel 50/50 instead of a L already first thing in the morning :/

Okay, I'm excited. It's gunna get fierce I think. Aints season is sort of on the line, and we simply just have to keep winning, or we will fall away quickly. If GWS lose and we win we draw within a game of them, and they don't have an easy run home, and their % is almost identical to ours.

It's hot in the kitchen!!!

The Saints were a very different side the last time they beat the Swans at home. Come to think of it, so were we.
They were a cracking side that year. Finished as minor premiers before crapping the bed in the finals. We didn't even make the finals.
The Swans are a much better side now, whereas the Saints are far less competitive these days.
Four things are surities in my mind from this game.
Football will be played.
One team will win.
One team will lose.
The swans will be singing the song post match with a healthy percentage boost and four more premiership points.

Bit surprised at the overconfidence of the board this week given how this season has gone. Wouldn't be surprised if we get done.
Agreed. Everyone in the football world is getting carried away with our form but we were only minutes away from disaster against both Richmond and Essendon. If those games turned out differently we'd barely be in the race for the top 8.

Agreed. Everyone in the football world is getting carried away with our form but we were only minutes away from disaster against both Richmond and Essendon. If those games turned out differently we'd barely be in the race for the top 8.
If we beat Hawks, Collingwood........

Who cares about what ifs? We can play that all day. All that matters is the results when the final siren sounds

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty excited now... usual game day nerves starting to creep in. Have been positive all week, and still when I stop and look at their side against ours, and look at the form of both, pretty confident that we will win this. And if we get our kicking on song, we will crush them!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez the finals this year go forever.

Welcome to Elimination Final #11

I guess this beats the usual system of playing a whole season before anything important happens.

Cannot relax against this mob tonight.
That's what's so great about this season, we've got our money's worth as fans. Already plenty of finals-like excitement and some great results over the last couple of months. We've seen the emergence of new stars in the making, and got to watch our champs rise. Buddy's fourth quarter goal last week from 60m was so great on many levels.

Hawks must fume every time they see him do that, which makes me even happier!:D

That's what's so great about this season, we've got our money's worth as fans. Already plenty of finals-like excitement and some great results over the last couple of months. We've seen the emergence of new stars in the making, and got to watch our champs rise. Buddy's fourth quarter goal last week from 60m was so great on many levels.

Hawks must fume every time they see him do that, which makes me even happier!:D

We've seen a new generation embrace a new brand as well, it seems. Facing the abyss, they've come out fighting. The Bloods are officially rebooted!

We've seen a new generation embrace a new brand as well, it seems. Facing the abyss, they've come out fighting. The Bloods are officially rebooted!
Geez I hope we can keep Zac Jones. He could be a huge part of the next generation, IF he decides to stay.

If you're reading this Zac, PLEASE STAY!!

Good teams find a way to win the close games.

The Saints were a very different side the last time they beat the Swans at home. Come to think of it, so were we.
They were a cracking side that year. Finished as minor premiers before crapping the bed in the finals. We didn't even make the finals.
The Swans are a much better side now, whereas the Saints are far less competitive these days.
Four things are surities in my mind from this game.
Football will be played.
One team will win.
One team will lose.
The swans will be singing the song post match with a healthy percentage boost and four more premiership points.

Welcome to the Board!

also agree that we need to come out with a solid composed opening q and bring that early pressure tonight. we should really try and close them down hard off the ball and not let them run through any open space, or at least to the very minimum.

both sides obviously know how vital a win will so no doubt the saints hustle for an upset which i just dont see esp as not at home but it will be up to us - (again) our approach from the start. i reckon we'll see mcveighs quick little reactions as we did v gws last week right off the bat put us in control. just sayin, we shouldn't obv rely to what he or any one player does to respond, as long as continuous support for one another as a team then i reckon we will basically charge towards a blow em out by 50+ and something like 20+ goals in total.

AND got a gut feel Aliir will absolutely fire up and big budz to boot atleast 5

:))
Aliir isnt playing yeah? Or is this a Swans board in joke? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back