Review Rd 18 Blues d North Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You would make for a great saints or demons supporter...they love that Tanking crap

I just think you have an old school view of where the AFL is and where it's heading.

Look at how collingwood have managed their list, they won a premiership in 2010 and already have younger and better quality youngsters coming through than we do.

They had no cap space to pay Dawes or Wellingham and ended up getting top 20 picks for both. They also took a realistic view of their list and and got rid of daisy and heath Shaw for pick 11 and a 20 year old Taylor Adams. Then were able to upgrade on of their first rounders to picks 6 in an almost genius move to get bontempelli.

In my opinion playing guys like buckley, giving temay a shot and getting a draft pick 4-6 picks higher is worth more than a pointless victory against North. I could maybe understand if we were playing collingwood or essendon...

Losing on friday could have been the difference between getting a Cripps (promising large inside mid who is a little slow), or bomtempelli

I just think you have an old school view of where the AFL is and where it's heading.

Look at how collingwood have managed their list, they won a premiership in 2010 and already have younger and better quality youngsters coming through than we do.

They had no cap space to pay Dawes or Wellingham and ended up getting top 20 picks for both. They also took a realistic view of their list and and got rid of daisy and heath Shaw for pick 11 and a 20 year old Taylor Adams. Then were able to upgrade on of their first rounders to picks 6 in an almost genius move to get bontempelli.

In my opinion playing guys like buckley, giving temay a shot and getting a draft pick 4-6 picks higher is worth more than a pointless victory against North. I could maybe understand if we were playing collingwood or essendon...

Losing on friday could have been the difference between getting a Cripps (promising large inside mid who is a little slow), or bomtempelli
Yeah those Pies are absolutely flying...And how did they manage to get Bontempelli ?.
Trading Gibbs in the hope that the kid we pick up in return is as good or better is idiotic thinking

Collingwood had the perfect list for a dynasty after their premiership. They have only gotten worse since then and are a horrid example to live up to.

Taylor Adams is a awful kick, they got Scharenberg instead of Bontempelli. They love slow plodders who can't kick and don't forget their terrible off-season recruiting under Buckley e.g Armstrong, Russell, Clarke, Adams, Lynch, White, Karnezis, Young ETC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah those Pies are absolutely flying...And how did they manage to get Bontempelli ?.
Trading Gibbs in the hope that the kid we pick up in return is as good or better is idiotic thinking
Are we talking about the Bontemplli that plays for the Dogs??? The master stroke was to get a player who can't get on the park and has had bones removed from his feet (doubt they needed to be there) after they drafted him.

I don't mean to be negative, but Waite really needs to do this on a consistent basis. Sure, we do miss his contested marking around the ground but I feel like after one outstanding game, he goes missing. Here's hoping that he gets his mojo back and plays the rest of the year out!

I think maybe you're getting Tuohy confused with a player that hasn't been completely awful all year. Averaging 2.2 clangers a game and his efficiency is also terrible for how little pressure he is under/his position. Feel free to name name's but in my mind Garlett and Tuohy have been the worst performers this year. Tuohy should be hitting his straps and developing into a reliable backmen that can damage, he has taken twenty steps back and deserves to be sent to the two's to get a bit of confidence together.
Care must be taken when using stats.
Frees against are deemed to be clangers,of the 38 clangers this year 14 of those have been frees against, which of course has no bearing whatsoever when discussing disposal efficiency( his d/e % is essentially the same as 2013).

No it's not.

As many of the draft experts on our board have discussed the top 5-6 in this draft is very strong. If we finished bottom 2 or 3 we'd have 2 of those kids if we got rid of gibbs for the next 13-14 years instead of none if we win another pointless game. What is worse is that the draft experts are also saying that you could throw a blanket over picks 7-20 so effectively we will get **** all advantage over the top 4 sides and we had to sit through a year of losing to melb, richmond, GWS, Brisbane etc for no reward.

I understand Gibbs is dominating now, but are we going to win the flag in the next 5 years? It certainly doesn't look like it. Plus we could have used his cap space to offer big $$ to a patton or boyd in a year or so.

We have had such a disappointing year, and the thing that p1ssed me off about beating north was that now we won't get anything for it.

Collingwood had the perfect list for a dynasty after their premiership. They have only gotten worse since then and are a horrid example to live up to.

Taylor Adams is a awful kick, they got Scharenberg instead of Bontempelli. They love slow plodders who can't kick and don't forget their terrible off-season recruiting under Buckley e.g Armstrong, Russell, Clarke, Adams, Lynch, White, Karnezis, Young ETC

Collingwood are higher than us on the ladder despite giving up daisy, Shaw, wellingham, dawes and retirments of didak and jolly etc, They have 6 first round picks in the last 2 years if you count adams, 3 of those we haven't even see yet.

They gave up basically nothing for those dud players you mentioned. They are better set up than us long term and were smart to cash on players at their highest value.

People on this board are talking about Waite hopefully becoming more consistent....why? Waite is 31 and injury prone, if we are hanging our hats on him we are in trouble.

Collingwood are higher than us on the ladder despite giving up daisy, Shaw, wellingham, dawes and retirments of didak and jolly etc, They have 6 first round picks in the last 2 years if you count adams, 3 of those we haven't even see yet.

They gave up basically nothing for those dud players you mentioned. They are better set up than us long term and were smart to cash on players at their highest value.

People on this board are talking about Waite hopefully becoming more consistent....why? Waite is 31 and injury prone, if we are hanging our hats on him we are in trouble.

They gave up Wellingham and Shaw so they are blue collar as hell now and Dawes > White/Lynch. They have plenty of first round picks because they kept trading away quality players for them since they closed the door on their premiership window by bringing in Buckley.

We could have plenty of first round picks too if we traded away our best players for chips.

Waite is a bonus as most on this board will tell you. Henderson and Casboult are our two focal points right now.

I understand Gibbs is dominating now, but are we going to win the flag in the next 5 years? It certainly doesn't look like it. Plus we could have used his cap space to offer big $$ to a patton or boyd in a year or so.

We have had such a disappointing year, and the thing that p1ssed me off about beating north was that now we won't get anything for it.

Who do you suggest carries our midfield in the absence of Gibbs?

Murphy? Tagged and will struggle alone.
Judd? Gone in a year.
Bell? Hardly a quality user.
Cripps? Kid.
Graham? Kid.
McLean? No.
Carrazzo? Going.
Thomas? Not a midfield general.
Robinson? See Bell.
Docherty? Perhaps, in the future.

You can go out and grab a key forward instead of Gibbs. Sure, no worries. Leaves us in a far worse situation than we are currently in.

Who do you suggest carries our midfield in the absence of Gibbs?

Murphy? Tagged and will struggle alone.
Judd? Gone in a year.
Bell? Hardly a quality user.
Cripps? Kid.
Graham? Kid.
McLean? No.
Carrazzo? Going.
Thomas? Not a midfield general.
Robinson? See Bell.
Docherty? Perhaps, in the future.

You can go out and grab a key forward instead of Gibbs. Sure, no worries. Leaves us in a far worse situation than we are currently in.

Well obviously it would hurt us short term.

Anyway he's staying and I've loved watching him deliver.

Rumours of us chasing membry and Tom Mitchell would mean we might trade our first pick anyway so it might not matter in the end.

Swallow? I thought he was terrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back