Autopsy Rd 18 Blues go down fighting in Simmo's farewell game

Who gave their all in Simmo's farewell game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Navy_Blue91

Debutant
Sep 27, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Credit where credit is due, proud of the boys fighting it out in the last game of the year against a quality team with a clearly influential Brissy crowd.

In a game with nothing to really salvage from a finals perspective, in years gone by we would've rolled over and been beaten by 7 or 8 goals.

Was nice to see us kick accurately for once, clearly a deficiency all year. Will be nice to add Charlie back to the mix next year.

In spite of this, we still need to address some of those defensive lapses, we can't allow for the opposition to bang on 5 or 6 goals in a row consistently.

If we can slow the game down a bit more in these moments we could quite easily challenge again for finals.

Lace_Out

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Teague doesn't have final say, if the recruiting department are getting swayed by an emotionally attached coach it's on them more than Teague. I think Polson will be lucky to stay on the list with the reduced list sizes, no reduction and he'd be odds on to keep a spot.
Even if the list sizes weren't changing there is no way he would survive. Even blind freddy can see he isn't cut out for this level.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks, but yeah that's what I'm wondering - why didn't he want it? Feels odd. I know he's quiet and introverted, but he chaired Gibbs off very willingly last week and this week ... Nada... Just odd.
I think it's been pretty clear over the years that Simmo isn't all that comfortable with being the centre of attention, I didn't find it odd at all. I think you answered your own question, he's introverted. Same with Kreuze.
Chairing somebody else off is a whole different thing.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I deliberately refrained from commenting post game. The worst umpiring I'd seen all year. Absolute disgrace.

Back