Autopsy Rd 18 Carlton go down by 6 points against Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe there were excuses but he was pretty disappointing. I am still not convinced he is the answer

Umpiring is often crap eg they could pay twice as many frees for holding the ball as they only pay the very obvious incorrect disposal frees thus not rewarding many tackles but maybe the ball winner deserves some leniency
The one that left me scratching my head is when Wright got a free in the last right on the 50m and Parker grabbed his jumper when he tried to go back for his kick - you saw the jumper stretch 30cm, it should have been an automatic 50m penalty
Saw that, wondered why it wasn't a 50... deliberate and professional delaying tactic.

Forgot to mention, apparently the Swans players tried to rough up Silvagni but who came in and flew the flag, Sumner & Buckley !!

Great to know that the players now have each others backs regardless of their size in the fight.
I think that Charlie and Phillips also went in! Used to be in the past that opposition players could rough our boys up and no one would go in to fly the flag...

before we talk about players like Boek and graham not making it, surely Kerridge has to be let go first.

The guy tries, no doubting that, he gets to the ball a lot, but every time Kerridge has the ball in his hands, I am expecting a turn over and sure enough most times than not he either fumbles or misses the target.

He can improve, but he'll have to.

There's the problem right there Lance!

AA selection panel :-

Gillon McLachlan, Kevin Bartlett, Luke Darcy, Mark Evans, Danny Frawley, Glen Jakovich, Cameron Ling & Warren Tredrea
Only thing that would turn that into a true Carlton hating selection panel would be Gerald Healey...

Will the other kids get a run till the end of 2016? We have don't well out of the draft already.

Bombay, Kalina, India

Will the other kids get a run till the end of 2016? We have don't well out of the draft already.

Bombay, Kalina, India
I reckon that we might see DVR, McKay and Cuningham all play in the last couple of games of the season.

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree that they are best 22, but that says more about our lack of quality and depth. They are certainly holding their own, but it can't be denied that they have a looooooooong way to go until they are nearing their best. In fact, I doubt Jack would be getting a game at most other clubs. Again, this isn't a slight on him, we need him at the moment. But I couldn't see him getting a game in many other teams at the moment.
Understand what you're getting at, but I'm pretty sure I read after his bags of 4 that he led all afl first year players for goals kicked in the VFL. I reckon more than a few sides would reward that with a call-up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great efforts blues.

Sumner with a pre season will be dangerous. Boek did * all in my opinion...sure he chased and tackled that guy and all. but ball wacthing for the most part and yes I know he isnt an inside player but having to tackle someone isnt part of a choice someone needs to make - they just need to DO IT.

Kerridge if he ever slows down his possessions and hits targets 100% of the time will probably be better than most players in the league as he does get to everything.

The rest ... did what I expect them to do when they are fighting for position/pride and self respect as a club and individual. Sydney as a team and location are just s**t holes so I dont care about them at all.

Who is next ? oh the hawks..

chalk up a win there for us ;)

Can't stop watching the Boekhorst chase down. Starts off just inside 50, then in the blink of an eye he's in the centre square, maintains pressure and it's some sort of magic. I mean I know he's fast, but everytime I watch I think no way he can catch him then all of a sudden. Bang. Loved it. One of the best highlights of the season.

Can't stop watching the Boekhorst chase down. Starts off just inside 50, then in the blink of an eye he's in the centre square, maintains pressure and it's some sort of magic. I mean I know he's fast, but everytime I watch I think no way he can catch him then all of a sudden. Bang. Loved it. One of the best highlights of the season.

yeah was awesome... probaby his best game for us so far... he has a lot to work on though.

Farktherest

Really seems like Dwayne is no fan of Carlton.....

Boeky seeing an arm guard that obviously affects his ball handling and Han allying. Pretty good effort all game and that was best chase down I can recall.

We have to find somebody better than Graham.

White doing better than I thought he could well but is redlining.

Sumner is close but needs to do more.

SOS is impressive. Will soon have a breakout game goal wise, but I would assume match committee is happy with effort and pressure acts.

Sumner - he doesn't get enough of it at this stage - but if he stays fit and does a preseason he could be anything .... Bolts clearly loves him and says just keep playing him

Same with SOSOS - i'd rather him be quiet in AFL, but show glimpses and get an education than get some easy kicks in VFL

Agree with thoughts of Crouch over Prestia as off season target.
SOS going after Marchbank from GWS it seems - wonder if he has cooled on Tomlinson (who hasn't impressed this year in limited chances)

For me best thing about the game was our ability to control momentum.

I felt that the Swans were pressing quite hard in the first 1/4 but not always going at 100%. We defended well and every time they had a lapse we took advantage of it.

They started the second by dialling it up a notch and again , we absorbed what they had and then started cutting them up with our own attacking effort.

The first 20 minutes of the third was all Sydney, but again we managed to pressure them sufficiently to the point that they didn't bang on 5 goals in 5 minutes at any one point . That was the underlying threat with the Swans, you could tell they had been stung . But they couldn't maintain it and we snagged some late ones to keep us close.

Last quarter was an arm wrestle and one we won, but couldn't finish the job.

Enjoyed it immensely . My daughter and I were walking around the house with our chests puffed at half time and pretty happy at the end.

Sumner just needs the preseason.

He is star marerial.

I'd say the same with Plowman as well Lance.
Upon reflection of yesterdays game, I reckon that was our best game for the year behind our win against Geelong.
Really does prove what we can do when we switch on and play 4 quarters of footy.
Next week will be a fantastic challenge to take on the big boys at their fortress in Tasmania.

been very impressive for me. calm and assured and can play. imagine when he's fit. :)

That was my line of thinking as well Soapy. He and Weitering are going to make a pretty impressive duo down there for the next decade or so. Would love to be able to add Marchbank to that equation as well.

That was my line of thinking as well Soapy. He and Weitering are going to make a pretty impressive duo down there for the next decade or so. Would love to be able to add Marchbank to that equation as well.

i dont know much about marchbank but a lot of people really like him. i think our defence is looking really good. weitering g-mac plowman maybe jaksch & marchbank supported by rowe & white then add byrne docherty simpson tuohy buckley lamb curnow maybe sheehan could compete with anyone

a gun midfield will really help

Remove this Banner Ad

Back