Rd 18 - Carlton v Gold Coast - Sat 20th July 2:10pm(EST) @ Marvel - Updated Team Post #509

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
Winning side. Obvious change.
That is a darn good looking defense.
Good team all round. We are on the way people.

Now I hope we win at this point more for Teague than anything.
But I think it's wise to remember where we have come from and not spit the dummy if the progress has a setback now and then.
Even in 95 we lost two 'easy' games.
It's still about 6 weeks not one.
But of course, one week at a time.
Carna Blues. Smash 'em.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Them ...

IN: Corey Ellis, Peter Wright, Chris Burgess, Jacob Dawson
OUT: Josh Corbett (Omitted), Brad Scheer (Omitted), Anthony Miles (Suspension), Lachie Weller (Illness)

B Jack Lukosius, Jack Hombsch, Jarrod Harbrow
HB Jesse Joyce, Pearce Hanley, Corey Ellis
C Jacob Heron, Will Brodie, Brayden Fiorini
HF Alex Sexton, Peter Wright, Touk Miller
F Sean Lemmens, Sam Day, Ben King
FOL Jarrod Witts, David Swallow, Darcy MacPherson

I/C Charlie Ballard, Chris Burgess, Jacob Dawson, Michael Rischitelli

EMG Josh Corbett, Jez McLennan, Connor Nutting, Brad Scheer
Weller and Miles out. Wowzers

BluesvSunsRd18profile.JPG

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Lachie Weller out as well! Him and Miles are 2 of their major ball winners.

They still have their best 2 in my opinion (Swallow and Fiorini). Plus Witts is a great ruckman. But I think we should have no excuses not to eventually overrun them with better depth and maturity through the midfield.

I'm seeing the positives of pumping games into some of our young players. Looking at SPS and Fisher having played over 50 games while fellow 2016 draftee Will Brodie is about to play his 20th game after having played 30 games in the NEAFL.

His stats are good at NEAFL and AFL level. He just hasn't had the chance to grow as fast as our guys. I'm really not sure what the Suns were doing there. Probably patching holes with older players but meanwhile they stall the development of a potential young gun and probably have him looking to get out at the same time.

Sharks On A Plane

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 12, 2006
Y6le
AFL Club
Carlton
Weitering --> Day (197cm)
Jones --> Wright (203cm)
???? --> King (203cm)

With three giants in their forward line it should actually favour us in terms of running the ball out of there... But do we have to play Cas back in order to cover the third tall (thus leaving McKay as our only genuine tall forward)? Or just back in Plowman to get the job done with help from Weitering/Jones zoning off and intercepting? Huge height difference if Plow does have to man one of them.

Wowzers our 10 babies (Kennedy and younger) actually are starting to accumulate a lot of games.

Bolton, thank you.

Look at SPS. Has missed 2 games only in his career to date, and they were in his first season. Pretty sure it was form or being rested, rather than injury at the time. Extremely durable player.

Blubagger71

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Sticking with a winning combination with Weibot an obvious returnee. Loved Cripps comment during the week about Teague being, "a ripper," and apparent pressure from Senior players to bring him back. Shows they will play for him which should provide the impetus to get over the line comfortably. I would like to see Harry get a bag to build his confidence. His kicking seems particularly wayward of late. Two in a row Baggers!

Doesn't sound as though Garlett will get picked any time soon.............therefore he'll get picked for this game. :)

Weitering if fit a certainty of course.
If we have put that line through Lang, wouldn't be unhappy to see DeLuca.
Garlett might be hard pressed retaining his spot on the list at the end of the year.

Weitering --> Day (197cm)
Jones --> Wright (203cm)
???? --> King (203cm)

With three giants in their forward line it should actually favour us in terms of running the ball out of there... But do we have to play Cas back in order to cover the third tall (thus leaving McKay as our only genuine tall forward)? Or just back in Plowman to get the job done with help from Weitering/Jones zoning off and intercepting? Huge height difference if Plow does have to man one of them.

People just don't appreciate the jobs that Plowman has to do sometimes. Forwards 10cms taller with massive reach advantages or small forwards 15cms smaller and way faster over the first several metres.

I'm trying to remember who the last player we had was who almost never had a like for like match up. I know there have been a few but I can't think right now.

I think we might see Cripps up forward this week more than usual, especially if we're getting on top in the midfield without him.
Not sure about that. He had a few weeks off and would be feeling as good as he's been all year. Keep him where all the action is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back