Rd 18 - Carlton v Gold Coast - Sat 20th July 2:10pm(EST) @ Marvel - Updated Team Post #509

Status
Not open for further replies.

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Unfortunately I can't see a thrashing coming up today. If Gold Coast have any sense of pride after the comments made this week they will be playing out of there skin to be competitive

Same, but i am expecting a reasonably comfortable win around 4-6 goals.

We need to factor in that we've had 2 interstate games in the last 3 weeks, including one to Perth, and have lost a player mid-game in all 3 of those games....the travel plus extra workload from playing 3 games in a row a rotation down may start to take a tole. Those kind of things accumulate.

Wouldn't be surprised if we're a bit flat today. It's been a bit of a trend anyway the last 5 weeks, we were a little flat against the Dogs & Melbourne.
Should still be good enough for a win though and then we can regain our energy for Adelaide.

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
Same, but i am expecting a reasonably comfortable win around 4-6 goals.

We need to factor in that we've had 2 interstate games in the last 3 weeks, including one to Perth, and have lost a player mid-game in all 3 of those games....the travel plus extra workload from playing 3 games in a row a rotation down may start to take a tole. Those kind of things accumulate.

Wouldn't be surprised if we're a bit flat today. It's been a bit of a trend anyway the last 5 weeks, we were a little flat against the Dogs & Melbourne.
Should still be good enough for a win though and then we can regain our energy for Adelaide.
I am hoping its more a case of we flatten them.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
A win and NO INJURIES will do for me.

We've lost a player mid-game in each of our last 3 games.
Yep. I looking for continued improvement of moving the ball between the arcs and better connection with our forwards.
Love to see Lang get more of it today as he now got some continuity into his body in last couple of months he physically should be right to really bring his A game to seniors. Other fringe players like Matt Kennedy and Deluca will be good to see what they can bring today. Would have loved to have Cuningham and Charlie back but not to be just yet. Great chance for guys on fringes to show they deserve a spot in team more regularly or be first up when someone injured from best 22. That means you too Setterfield. Take it a step further and show why rated so high in your draft year. Love to see some more tricks with ball.

My cheer squad contact came through.... Here's today's banner:

Carl v gc banner 1.png

Their first effort didn't go so well....

Carl v gc BANNER 2.png

* inb4 Jimmae points out that Gorringe was DFA and not a trade. Or possibly HARKER gets in first and then laments that you get what you pay for and we should be targeting quality not hail-Mary freebies.... :)

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
Their first effort didn't go so well....

View attachment 711836

* inb4 Jimmae points out that Gorringe was DFA and not a trade. Or possibly HARKER gets in first and then laments that you get what you pay for and we should be targeting quality not hail-Mary freebies.... :)
Teachers comments:
Young ferris should keep working.......shows promise........ :p

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Don't like the ridiculous odds the betting agencies have us. $1.17 to $4.20. Going in as hot favourite, just don't like. We'll be the hunted, and not the hunters this time, anything can happen. Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but hoping for a good win.

Based on our form of the last 5 weeks vs theirs, the odds are reflective of the form. But then when you look at ladder positions and the context where the Suns’ backs are against the wall and the heat they’ve copped, they’ll come out firing and it’ll be a lot closer I suspect than what the form comparison would suggest.

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Gibbons definitely. He seems to have good composure and skills. Different to the kerridge/graham types who could find the ball but were never good/fast enough decision makers.

My gut says Deluca is somewhere in between, hope he turns out a gun tho!

Gibbons is quicker than graham and a lot smarter decision maker as well. I don’t think he’s hit his ceiling yet

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
I speculate: if we lose today, it’s cause Dow isn’t in the team. Nothing to do with mindset or any of that codds wobble

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

One player will not be the difference today, particularly one whose form has been average this year. If we lose today it’s because as a collective, we shat the bed.

BlueAbroad

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
For those who want to know a bit more about Josh Deluca (not available on YouTube unfortunately):

facebook.com/blueabroadofficial/videos/346880102672176

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
Just about to mow the lawns.
What a wonderful day.
Let’s get this done and sweep away any doubt as we move on to murdering some Crows.
Yes yes yes and Si!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back