Unofficial Preview Rd 18: Changes For The Derby - Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it's related to anything but my work is directly opposite the Sofitel where the players are staying.

Anyway I went over for a lunchtime burrito and Cogs and his model missus were at the juice bar right near me. Not sure if he was preparing for a tagging role Saturday or he was excited to be playing 1's but he was all over her like a cheap suit. Like an over worked up 14yo on a first date.

And they did not really have far to go to "get a room"!
Well, hopefully he scores as well on the weekend!

The funny thing is now we can actually play at Manuka because QLD has not shut its borders to ACT

Obviously makes less sense if we plan on setting up a hub in QLD for the next month.
Haven't the NRL clubs already taken all the hub sites in QLD?

Last edited:
Hopefully this doesnt makes the players feel deflated.
Right or wrong, our two worst performances came the same week as the worst covid news ( when sydney went into lockdown we played hawthorn the next day and then last week after it escalated, meaning an extension was obviously going to occur, and the players wouldn't be back in Sydney for weeks).

Hopefully this doesnt makes the players feel deflated.
Right or wrong, our two worst performances came the same week as the worst covid news ( when sydney went into lockdown we played hawthorn the next day and then last week after it escalated, meaning an extension was obviously going to occur, and the players wouldn't be back in Sydney for weeks).

They just need to get over it.

The Swans are in the same boat, so we can't use COVID as an excuse for another poor performance.

What rubbish.

Our team was shifted interstate at 2 hours notice three weeks ago.

We’ll have played 3 consecutive home games hundreds of kms apart.

Then pushed onto another interstate relocation at a few hours notice.

By contrast, the NRL teams were given more notice of their relocation and it has only just begun.

By any reasonable measure the Giants are being treated far worse than, say, the West Tigers.

It may not trouble Gil very much no one in the VFL media cares, but it’s far worse management than the NRL.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect the boys will be quite comfortable in their accommodation in Brisbane, which is a couple of stars better than the 3 properties the NRL teams are rammed into.

Pleased to hear that and I hope the gyms, pools, etc all get sorted out.

I expect what will cost us on-field in the end is not the quality of the hotel rooms - which were excellent in Melbourne too - but the constant travel and relocation for home games.

That compounded by Gil’s lack of effort to relocate families weeks ago.

Our team was shifted interstate at 2 hours notice three weeks ago.

Because we got on the front foot.

We’ll have played 3 consecutive home games hundreds of kms apart.

Yep covid eh

Then pushed onto another interstate relocation at a few hours notice.
because we know how quickly states lock down their borders

By contrast, the NRL teams were given more notice of their relocation and it has only just begun.
no they held out hoping the lockdown wouldn’t happen. They were lucky that Qld held off.

By any reasonable measure the Giants are being treated far worse than, say, the West Tigers.
yes but that was due to the states not the AFL.

It may not trouble Gil very much no one in the VFL media cares, but it’s far worse management than the NRL.

All for a VFL media rant, I love doing them, but this isn’t on the AFL or Gil.

It always amuses me the love V’Landys gets.
He is a used car salesman. Nothing more.
Bags out the opposition, talks himself up.
His followers cheer him on not realising he actually plans to axe/move NSW teams so he can get more QLd and NZ teams, plus his Perth club.

Last edited:
I would have thought it's a better result to play the Swans in Qld where I think their record isn't great compared to a windswept open Vic ground given the success they have had down at Kardinia Park.

Tom Harley was on SEN this morning. Has a great attitude and basically they are just getting on with it. Said the top priority for them after the initial settling is getting the families and partners to the team given it's been 3 weeks.

Did anyone see the social media post regarding the swans and giants players next to eachother on the plane?

Its a bad look. On the left are the swans players in their matching swans kit and uniforms...On the right are the giants in casual clothes.

Looks like professionals and amatures... I don't know a lot about sport psychology but it was a big point of difference and looked bad on our part.

This week we win.... it’s just who we are

I don’t doubt our players will give their very best.

In particular, I am extremely confident Cogs will be on fire.

Further, I did like the structural shape we got with Hogan and HH - even though the former was rusty.

However, after watching what Noble, Clarko and Dew has done against us in recent weeks, Longmire is a serious threat.

If Cogs is pivotal in dragging us over the line then it would be a true reset moment.

I’m hoping your comment are Cogs’ final words as the team run out on Saturday.

I don’t doubt our players will give their very best.

In particular, I am extremely confident Cogs will be on fire.

Further, I did like the structural shape we got with Hogan and HH - even though the former was rusty.

However, after watching what Noble, Clarko and Dew has done against us in recent weeks, Longmire is a serious threat.

If Cogs is pivotal in dragging us over the line then it would be a true reset moment.

I’m hoping your comment are Cogs’ final words as the team run out on Saturday.

to my thinking it’s not what the other coaches have done .... we failed to deliver .... the players have to own the fact that Are good enough to win most weeks .... they just choose when to go a bit too often

to my thinking it’s not what the other coaches have done .... we failed to deliver .... the players have to own the fact that Are good enough to win most weeks .... they just choose when to go a bit too often

Could be, or maybe it’s both.

Such a weird performance pattern all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back