Preview Rd 18 GC v Western Bulldogs @ Cairns, 4:40

Remove this Banner Ad

If only Jesse had Sexton's or Lemmens speed. He gets turned inside out a little too easily (then again so do those two :( ). He'd be a gun with a bit more pace.
I don't think Joyce is any slower than Sexton? But there's a bit of guile and poise that Joyce plays with. He doesn't just go kamikaze and attempt to go through oppo players. He plays with some nous and intelligence. Always plays the safe route which I like.

He couldn't have done any worse than the guys we had on Picken at least. ;)

I don't think Joyce is any slower than Sexton? But there's a bit of guile and poise that Joyce plays with. He doesn't just go kamikaze and attempt to go through oppo players. He plays with some nous and intelligence. Always plays the safe route which I like.

He doesn't have their pace but yes is absolutely a smarter and tougher footballer.

Fiorini needs to be told to be more selfish with the ball.. needs to take the game on a little more and be hungrier for goal when he has it in fwd 50... always looks to dish off when he can swing around on his left and have a shot himself.... Will end up a pretty damaging player if he can fix that balance up a bit.

Was sitting thinking why isn't Joyce on that mid-fat Picken
Mid-fats have killed us since day 1
Kyle Reimers FFS
In Joyce we have a ready made lock down back pocket, hard as nails and determined who never gives up
He's not better than Saad Harbrow Hanley or Rosa so I get that it's really between him Sexton Lonergan and Lemmens,but IMO he's gone past them already

Fiorini needs to be told to be more selfish with the ball.. needs to take the game on a little more and be hungrier for goal when he has it in fwd 50... always looks to dish off when he can swing around on his left and have a shot himself.... Will end up a pretty damaging player if he can fix that balance up a bit.
He'll do that when he finally realises the guys he's dishing off to are worse than him eg Hall

I liked the one where Ah Chee took the mark, got called to play on by the "umpire", got slammed head first into the ground, half knocking him out and no free kick. Umpires definitely had the better of us last night.

We're not the first Club and won't be the last to be left scratching our heads over the umpires' WB fetish.
For those of us at the pre-season match at Metricon it was on full show as it was yesterday.
I'm seriously starting to wonder if it's a guernsey color issue with umpiring?
And for those who say it doesn't matter, if we had had the 24:13 differential with a few gift goals and been 3 or 4 goals up going into the last quarter- a young team with a sniff often pulls off crazy victories
Again though- the AFL sends its umpiring rookies to our matches- 2 of them had less than 20 games between them- and until we start winning we will continue to be a dumping ground for lousy umpires
It was no accident that Elena(who actually wasn't too bad) got one of our matches tucked away at Metricon
The AFL can weather the umpiring criticism from a few hundred angry Suns fans on the GC better than 50,000 Melbourne based Essendon fans

There's no doubt in my mind we never get the rub of the green.
We get annihilated by umpires responding to boo'ing crowds when we play away

When we play at home we get that bald piece of work who 100% is a cheat and with the other Umpires at best we just get our share of 50-50 calls, but that's only at best.

It's just crap.

There's no doubt in my mind we never get the rub of the green.
We get annihilated by umpires responding to boo'ing crowds when we play away

When we play at home we get that bald piece of work who 100% is a cheat and with the other Umpires at best we just get our share of 50-50 calls, but that's only at best.

It's just crap.

Umpires get feedback on their home ground bias performance
They take the opportunity to even up their stats when they come to Metricon

Umpires get feedback on their home ground bias performance
They take the opportunity to even up their stats when they come to Metricon
Hadn't put much thought into that before but this is generally how it works in compliance based industries. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is true sadly, with our games at Metricon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back