Autopsy Rd 18 v Hawks - There is nothing to say

Remove this Banner Ad

passmark

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Here it is. Was waiting to see how long it would be before someone mentions his AFL comeback. H

He made a good comeback last year. So bloody what? Does that just make him free from criticism? What does that have to do with his performance this year?

Why is it that so many on here see Jones as someone free from criticism?

He’s a liability defending his own man. He thinks far too highly of his kicking agility. Paul Roos and several other AFL legends have been saying it all year. I think Paul Roos knows a thing or two about defending.

We will never have an organised defence while teams continue to exploit his blatant defensive problems.
Afl coach and list manager reckon he's great, champ. Not sure your years of top flight coaching and list management have Bolts and SOS covered.

Could be wrong though.

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Mate look at the injury list. The facts are there if you want to actually look. Yes there is speculation involved but at least I can articulate reasons as to why our injuries are occurring at a higher rate.

I would love for you to articulate those reasons given you, like all of us have no real access to what is actually happening with our injured players. Your attempted explanation of what happened to Kruezer fell a long way short.

I am not having a go at you but to say you have a good knowledge of our injuries is untrue unless you are on the medical staff.

In a game plan and team as poorly skilled as ours Casboult is singled out......

FMD, I just don’t get it. Charlie was just as s**t.

14 disposals to 5, 4 marks to 2, 1 goal 1 behind to zip. Average game by Charlie. Levi was far worse however.

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I would love for you to articulate those reasons given you, like all of us have no real access to what is actually happening with our injured players. Your attempted explanation of what happened to Kruezer fell a long way short.

I am not having a go at you but to say you have a good knowledge of our injuries is untrue unless you are on the medical staff.
Sigh

Jimmae your turn.

Iamcarlton

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2015
Up North
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cubs , Penguins
I’ve never been on the “Casboult cya later” bandwagon but I’m hitching to the trailer, at the very least he could have put his knee through Mitchell. Would rather see Kerr, at least with him leading it drags a defender away
Yeah its probably time to see Kerr back in but tbh it'll be hard for him in this side .
Playing 3 tall forwards in a side that can only get it inside 50 35 times a game is pointless .
Get more run in the side somehow smaller forwardline sides are running rings around our slow side .

NumberEight

Club Legend
Jul 3, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Put it this way. GWS won 1 or maybe 2 games in their 3rd year. Thats us.

They won 6 in their 4th and 11 in their fifth. I think thats what we can expect. 6 wins next year and a handful of close losses and we are on track.

Another year of this.. luck with injury or not and i cant see Bolts lasting.

Juuust gota keep finding positives and getting games into the Dows of the world. Polson will make it.. Harry getting game time, Weitering showing who he is.

That is all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TooBlue14

Cancelled
Feb 5, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Zac fisher best on ground at 1/4 time according to afl player ratings. 9 disposals off 10 minutes game time. 3 clearances (Mitchell had 6 at full time as hawks best). Extrapolates to 72 disposals, 40 contested and 24 clearances. I’m guessing we would of won.

Dow is a worry. Second worst on ground. Can’t hit a target. Struggles with the pace and isn’t strong enough. 14 disposals and only 1 effective.

Casboult, Fisher, Lobbe and Shaw should make way next week. But we could lose Pickett, Simpson and jones too.

We won’t have enough players to bring in next week BUT Byrne, Schumacher, mullett, Lang, Kruezer, Thomas and lamb to return.

9A2F4F4A-9F59-40E4-9533-1507107A12FE.jpeg

Iamcarlton

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2015
Up North
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Cubs , Penguins
In a game plan and team as poorly skilled as ours Casboult is singled out......

FMD, I just don’t get it. Charlie was just as s**t.

Have a look at a passage of play in the first quarter, Polson has the ball between wing and half forward. Casboult leads into space with his man trailing and only space between him, the boundary and Polson.
Result, Polson puts the ball behind Casboult and to the favour of Casboult’s man. Casboult’s man marks the ball.
Polson needed the skill of an under 14s player to put the ball to Casboult’s favour, yet couldn’t get it done.
Lockett, Ablett Snr & Dunstall would be second rate forwards in our current team.
Yep our footskills are pathetic under pressure or not .

optimistic, learning, courageous - unlike the pea-hearts that infect this place after a loss, sulking and sooking and sacking and sfellowing
That would be 16 out of 17 games this year. Plenty to be concerned about imo.

cfc4life

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
We had a real bloody go in the third quarter, why we can't do that for a whole game is mind boggling. Effort doesn't come from experience or skill or even coaching.

Thought Lobbe was quite good.

Polson's best game, kept going at it and used his pace well.

Kennedy was great.

The usual from Crippa and Ed, they are the standard everyone should be aiming for.

Marc Murphy is a liability and a ghost when it comes to actually working hard and laying a tackle. Numbers he damned.

And finally, it's actually a joke how bitten we are by the injury bug. Three players out of the game by three quarter time.

Onward and hopefully upward.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Afl coach and list manager reckon he's great, champ. Not sure your years of top flight coaching and list management have Bolts and SOS covered.

Could be wrong though.
Really?

I must have missed the part where they’re constantly praising him. I’d take what Bolton says about a defender with a grain of salt too seeing as it took him half a season to realise O’Shea shouldn’t be playing.

Jones would have been dropped earlier this season if it wasn’t for our injury woes.

But I’m sure Paul Roos etc just have some ridiculous agenda against Jones. They say he does some good things like take big intercept marks, but they also rightly point out how loose he is with his opponent.

He’s had tall forwards towel him up all year, and it’s not just from their midfielders giving his opponent silver service.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back